Knowing what dressing goes on broccoli salad can make or break the dish.
After all, the dressing is what ties all of the ingredients together and gives the salad its flavor.
So if you are wondering what kind of dressing to use for broccoli salad, whether you are making a traditional broccoli salad or a more unique version, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 11 of the best dressings for broccoli salad including creamy dressings, vinaigrettes, and more.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these dressings a try the next time you make broccoli salad!
What Dressing Goes on Broccoli Salad?
There are many different types of dressing that go well on broccoli salad. You can go for a classic vinaigrette, or something more unique like a creamy tahini dressing. Other popular choices include avocado ranch dressing, green goddess dressing, and even Caesar dressing.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 11 dressings that go with broccoli salad:
1. Greek Dressing
If you’ve been to Greece before, then you know that the food is all about fresh, simple ingredients.
This Greek dressing is no different – it’s made with just a few pantry staples that come together to create a bright, flavorful, and versatile dressing.
Try it on:
- Broccoli salad
- Greek salad
- Pasta salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Grilled chicken or fish
To change up the dressing, you could:
- Add some spice with a pinch of red pepper flakes or a diced jalapeño.
- Make it creamy with the addition of some plain yogurt or mayonnaise.
- Swap out the vinegar for lemon juice for a brighter flavor.
2. Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
Sometimes the simple dressings are the best dressings, and this honey dijon vinaigrette is no exception.
It’s tangy and sweet and takes just minutes to whip up.
I love using it on broccoli salad, but it would also be great on green salads, roasted vegetables, or as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders.
To change up this dressing, you could:
- Add a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese for a cheesy twist.
- Use white wine vinegar in place of the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix in a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for extra tang.
- Add a tablespoon of honey for more sweetness.
3. Ranch Dressing
Ah, ranch dressing.
It’s the perfect creamy, tangy, and slightly sweet dressing that takes broccoli salad from good to great.
But if you’re looking for a change, there are plenty of other dressings that would be delicious on this salad.
Try balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, or even a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil and vinegar.
And if you want to keep the ranch flavor but make it a little healthier, you could try using Greek yogurt in place of some of the mayo.
4. Olive Garden Salad (Copycat Version)
Sure, you could buy the original Olive Garden salad dressing at the store.
But why not ditch the preservatives and make your own copycat version at home?
This homemade salad dressing is so easy to make, and it tastes even better than the restaurant version.
Plus, you can customize it to your liking. Make it sweeter with a little more honey, or add a splash of vinegar for a tangier flavor.
If you want to change things up, you could also:
- Swap out the olive oil for avocado oil or another neutral-tasting oil.
- Use white balsamic vinegar instead of regular balsamic for a slightly sweeter dressing.
- Add in a minced garlic clove or shallot for extra zing.
5. Thai Peanut Dressing
How about something Asian-inspired on your broccoli salad?
This Thai peanut dressing is creamy, slightly sweet, and has just the right amount of spice.
It’s also super versatile – you can use it as a salad dressing, a dipping sauce, or even a stir-fry sauce.
To change up this dressing, you could:
- Add more or less chili paste to adjust the level of spice.
- Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter.
- Use light coconut milk instead of regular coconut milk for a lighter version.
6. Green Goddess Dressing
Why not add some amazing color, flavor, and nutrition to your next broccoli salad with this Green Goddess Dressing?
It’s made with healthy ingredients like avocado, parsley, and chives, and it’s so simple to make.
Not to mention, it’s incredibly delicious and will take your salad to the next level.
To change up the dressing:
- Add some spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Make it sweeter with a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
- Add a bit of acidity with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
7. Sweet and Spicy Mango Salad Dressing
Something magical happens when you blend ripe mangoes with a touch of lime juice, honey, and chili pepper.
It’s sweet. It’s spicy. It’s absolutely delicious.
This dressing is the perfect addition to any salad, but it’s especially good on broccoli salad.
The sweetness of the mango pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the broccoli, and the chili pepper gives it just the right amount of spice.
If you want to change up the dressing, you could:
- Add some diced avocado for creaminess.
- Swap out the mango for pineapple or papaya.
- Use cilantro instead of lime juice for a more intense flavor.
8. Balsamic Vinaigrette (Tart, tangy, and a little sweet)
Tart, tangy, and a little sweet, this balsamic vinaigrette is the perfect addition to any salad.
It’s incredibly easy to make – just whisk together a few simple ingredients and you’re good to go!
And if you’re looking for ways to change things up, here are a few ideas:
- Add a minced shallot or garlic clove for extra flavor.
- Mix in a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for a little zing.
- Swap out the balsamic vinegar for apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Use honey or maple syrup in place of the sugar.
9. Thousand Island Dressing
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Thousand Island dressing is the perfect addition to any broccoli salad.
But did you know that there are a few ways you can change up this classic dressing to make it even better?
Here are a few of my favorite ways to doctor up Thousand Island dressing:
- Add a spoonful of Sriracha for a spicy kick.
- Mix in some diced avocado for creaminess.
- Stir in a tablespoon of minced onion or shallot for extra flavor.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce for depth of flavor.
10. Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing
I love garlicky, lemony tahini dressing on just about everything, but it’s especially delicious on this bright and fresh broccoli salad.
The dressing comes together quickly in a blender and can be easily customized to your liking.
To make the dressing even better, you could:
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Swap out the lemon juice for apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Use light tahini or peanut butter for a lighter option.
- Add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup for sweetness.
11. Homemade Catalina Dressing
Tomato-y, tangy, and slightly sweet, this homemade Catalina dressing is the perfect addition to any salad.
I love it on a simple green salad, or even on a broccoli salad like this one.
To change up the dressing, you could:
- Add a tablespoon of diced onion or shallot for extra flavor.
- Mix in a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for extra tanginess.
- Stir in a tablespoon of honey for more sweetness.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
What Dressing Goes on Broccoli Salad? (11 Dressings)
- Greek Dressing
- Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Olive Garden Salad (Copycat Version)
- Thai Peanut Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Sweet and Spicy Mango Salad Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (Tart, tangy, and a little sweet)
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Homemade Catalina Dressing
- Pick any of these dressings to use on your broccoli salad.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!