Pork chops and applesauce is a classic combination that never goes out of style.
But what side dishes should you serve with it?
There are many sides that go well with pork chops and applesauce. Some examples include roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, sauteed green beans, corn on the cob, and a simple salad. For a heartier meal, you could also serve this dish with rice or pasta.
In this post, I’ve got you covered with 10 of the best sides that go with pork chops and applesauce.
From roasted vegetables to mashed potatoes to creamy pasta, there’s something on this list for everyone.
So go ahead and try one (or all!) of these delicious side dishes the next time you make pork chops and applesauce!
What Goes with Pork Chops and Applesauce?
There are many different things that go well with pork chops and applesauce. One classic pairing is mashed potatoes, which help to balance out the sweetness of the applesauce. Other popular choices include roasted vegetables, green beans, and even a simple salad.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 10 sides that go with pork chops and applesauce:
1. Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
This one is easy – roasted garlic butter parmesan potatoes go great with pork chops and applesauce!
I like to make a big batch of these potatoes on the weekends and then reheat them throughout the week as needed.
They make a great side dish for so many different meals.
- To make roasted garlic butter parmesan potatoes, you will need: baby Yukon gold potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, butter, garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by washing your potatoes and then cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Then spread them out on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the garlic cloves and let them cook until they are fragrant.
- Once the potatoes are done roasting, toss them with the garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
2. Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish to serve with pork chops and applesauce.
They are simple to make and can be easily dressed up with some additional herbs, spices, and ingredients.
For a more flavorful mashed potato, try adding in some garlic, onion, or chives.
You could also add in a bit of cheese, bacon, or sour cream to really take them over the top.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, try using mashed cauliflower or sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
Both of these options are packed with nutrients and will add some extra color and flavor to your dish.
3. Sweet Potato Fries
I love something crunchy and savory with my pork chops and applesauce.
My go-to is usually sweet potato fries.
I like to add a little bit of rosemary to my sweet potato fries for an extra depth of flavor.
You could also add some other spices like chili powder, smoked paprika, or even cumin.
If you want to make them a little healthier, you could bake the sweet potato fries instead of frying them.
4. Baked Beans
If simplicity is what you’re looking for in a side dish, then baked beans are the way to go.
They pair perfectly with pork chops and applesauce, and they’re easy to make ahead of time.
For a little extra flavor, try adding some chopped onions, garlic, and herbs to the beans before baking them.
You can also spice things up by using a different type of bean, such as kidney beans or black beans.
5. Mexican Street Corn on the Cob (Elote)
If you appreciate Mexican food, you will adore this Mexican street corn on the cob (elote) recipe!
It is a flavorful and nutritious side dish that goes perfectly with pork chops and applesauce.
The best part is that it is incredibly easy to make.
Simply boil the corn on the cob in water for about 5 minutes, then remove it from the heat and coat it with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice.
You can also add shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, and diced jalapeño peppers to taste.
This dish is best served warm, so be sure to enjoy it while it’s still hot!
6. Buttery Garlic Sauteed Green Beans
Buttery, garlicky, and sauteed to perfection, these green beans are the perfect side dish to any pork chops and applesauce dish.
For an extra bit of flavor, try adding a few herbs or spices to the mix.
I suggest rosemary, thyme, or even a touch of cayenne pepper.
Whatever you do, make sure to enjoy this delicious side dish!
7. Oven Roasted Broccoli
It’s time to turn on that oven and roast some broccoli!
This side dish is healthy and flavorful, and it’s the perfect complement to your pork chops and applesauce.
To make this dish even more delicious, try adding some herbs and spices.
I suggest using garlic, rosemary, and black pepper.
You can also add a bit of lemon juice for a bright and citrusy flavor.
For an extra touch of sweetness, try drizzling some honey over the top.
This dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
8. Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower reminds me of broccoli in many ways.
It has a similar flavor and can be eaten raw or cooked.
When roasting cauliflower, I like to add herbs and spices to give it more flavor.
I also add a bit of olive oil to help the cauliflower brown and get crispy.
Some of my favorite herbs and spices to use are garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
If you want to add a bit of heat, you could also add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- To roast the cauliflower, simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and then toss with the olive oil and herbs/spices.
- Spread the florets on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes. The cauliflower is done when it is browned and crispy.
- Serve as a side dish with your pork chops and applesauce.
9. Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
How about a filling and flavorful pasta salad to accompany your pork chops and applesauce?
This bacon ranch pasta salad is full of all sorts of deliciousness, including bacon, ranch dressing, and plenty of veggies.
Plus, it’s super easy to make – just cook the pasta, chop up the veggies, and mix everything together. Yum!
10. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I know what you’re thinking, garlic Parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts?
These tasty little morsels are the perfect side dish to your pork chops and applesauce dish.
They are packed with flavor, and the Parmesan cheese gives them a nice little crunch.
And, they are super easy to make.
Simply toss your Brussels sprouts with some olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese, then roast them in the oven until they are crispy.
If you’re looking to add a little something extra to your garlic Parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts, try adding some chopped herbs, like thyme or rosemary.
You could also spice them up with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Whatever you do, just make sure you enjoy them!
What Goes with Pork Chops and Applesauce? (10 Sides)
- Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Beans
- Mexican Street Corn on the Cob (Elote)
- Buttery Garlic Sauteed Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Pick any of the sides from this list to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!