When it comes to soup, there are endless possibilities for delicious pairings.
But sometimes you want something a little more substantial than just a bowl of soup.
That’s where sandwiches come in!
They are the perfect way to make a meal out of soup.
But, knowing what to serve with cauliflower soup isn’t always easy.
So if you are looking for some sandwich inspiration to go with your cauliflower soup, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 8 of my favorite sandwiches to serve with cauliflower soup including grilled cheese, BLT, roasted veggies, and more.
What Sandwich Goes with Cauliflower Soup?
Cauliflower soup pairs well with a variety of sandwiches, including grilled cheese, ham and cheese, turkey and Swiss, and even a simple PB&J. The key is to choose a sandwich that will complement the soup without overwhelming it.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 8 sandwiches that go well with cauliflower soup:
1. Grilled Cheese
This super classic sandwich pairs perfectly with cauliflower soup.
And, there are lots of ways to change up a grilled cheese, so you can have a different sandwich each time you make soup.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add some thinly sliced apple for sweetness and crunch.
- Use a sharp cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
- Spread a little honey mustard on the bread before adding the cheese.
- Mix together some mayo, Sriracha, and lime juice for a spicy dipping sauce.
- Add some bacon or ham for a heartier sandwich.
Related post: What Wine Goes with Cauliflower Soup
2. Cuban Sandwich
If you’re looking for a hearty sandwich to serve with your cauliflower soup, look no further than the Cuban sandwich.
This classic sandwich is made with pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard, and is grilled until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.
To take your Cuban sandwich to the next level, try adding a few slices of roasted red pepper or some avocado.
Both of these ingredients will add a creamy element that pairs perfectly with the soup.
Related post: What Herbs And Spices Go With Cauliflower Soup
3. Turkey and Swiss Sandwich
Something magical happens when you combine turkey and Swiss cheese on a sandwich.
The flavors just work so well together, and it’s a classic combo for a reason.
But if you want to take your turkey and Swiss sandwich to the next level, try adding a few slices of roasted red pepper and some arugula.
The sweetness of the roasted red pepper pairs perfectly with the turkey and Swiss, and the arugula adds a nice peppery flavor that takes the sandwich over the top.
4. Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
I know it sounds odd, but trust me on this one – a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich is the perfect accompaniment to cauliflower soup.
The key is to use a good quality bread, like a sourdough or ciabatta, and to grill it until the bread is nice and crispy.
As for the peanut butter and jelly, I like to use a chunky peanut butter and a fruit jelly, like raspberry or strawberry.
If you want to get really creative, you can even add a few slices of bacon to the sandwich.
The salty, smoky flavor of the bacon pairs perfectly with the creamy soup and sweet jelly.
5. Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
I love grilling sandwiches, especially when they’re stuffed with ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese.
To make this sandwich, you’ll need:
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup of pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- First, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Next, toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place them on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once, until they’re slightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and let cool.
- To assemble the sandwiches, start by spreading some pesto on each slice of bread.
- Then, add a few slices of mozzarella cheese and top with grilled cauliflower.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
6. BLT Sandwich
This sandwich needs no introduction – it’s a classic for a reason.
But, when served with cauliflower soup, the flavors are taken to a whole new level.
The acidity of the tomatoes, the creaminess of the mayo, and the crunch of the bacon all come together perfectly with the soup.
And, if you’re feeling creative, you can add a few slices of avocado or some shredded cheese to the sandwich for an even more delicious experience.
7. Balsamic Roasted Veggie Sandwich
You haven’t lived until you’ve had a balsamic roasted veggie sandwich.
The key to this sandwich is in the roasting.
You’ll want to roast your veggies – I like to use zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and red bell pepper – until they’re nice and tender.
Then, you’ll brush them with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil before piling them onto a crusty piece of bread.
If you want to take it over the top, add some fresh mozzarella or goat cheese.
Trust me, this sandwich is worth the effort.
8. Chicken Salad Sandwich
Or, how about something simple, yet tasty and elegant like a chicken salad sandwich?
The key to a good chicken salad is in the seasoning.
I like to use a mixture of mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and a touch of honey.
Then, I add some chopped fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
For the chicken, I prefer using dark meat because it’s juicier and has more flavor.
I also add in some chopped celery for crunch, grapes for sweetness, and toasted walnuts for extra flavor and texture.
What Sandwich Goes with Cauliflower Soup? (8 Sandwiches)
- Grilled Cheese
- Cuban Sandwich
- Turkey and Swiss Sandwich
- Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- BLT Sandwich
- Balsamic Roasted Veggie Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Pick any of these sandwiches to serve with your tasty soup.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!