I bet you at least once in your life have asked yourself, “what sauce goes with stuffed chicken breast?”
And usually, the answer is some kind of creamy sauce.
But there are so many other delicious options out there!
So, if you’re looking for a new sauce to try with your next stuffed chicken dish, read on for my top 11 picks.
What Sauce Goes with Stuffed Chicken Breast?
The best sauces to serve with stuffed chicken breast are creamy sauces, such as Alfredo sauce, or tomato-based sauces. Other popular choices include gravy, pesto sauce, and even BBQ sauce.
The thing is…
Sometimes, stuffed chicken breasts can be a little dry.
To combat this, consider choosing a sauce to accompany your dish.
Here are three things to think about when making your decision:
- The Type of Chicken Breast You’re Using: If you’re using a leaner chicken breast, you’ll want to choose a sauce that is more flavorful and richer in order to add moisture. If you’re using a chicken breast that is higher in fat content, you can afford to be a little more adventurous with your choice of sauce as the natural juices will help keep the meat moist.
- The Other Ingredients in Your Dish: If your stuffed chicken breast includes other strong flavors, like bacon or sun-dried tomatoes, you’ll want to choose a sauce that complements these flavors without overpowering them. A simple garlic butter sauce or tomato-based sauce would be a good choice in this case. If your stuffed chicken breast is fairly bland, on the other hand, you can choose a more assertive sauce, like BBQ or Alfredo, to give it some flavor punch.
- Your Personal Preferences: Of course, the most important factor in choosing a sauce for your stuffed chicken breast is what YOU like! If you’re not sure where to start, consider trying out different sauces until you find one that you really love.
With that said, here are 11 sauces that go well with stuffed chicken breast:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Thick and creamy, and just a little bit cheesy, Alfredo sauce is the perfect dipping sauce for stuffed chicken breasts.
But if you’re looking to add a little more flavor to your sauce, here are three ways to do it:
- Add a bit of garlic powder or fresh minced garlic to the sauce. This will give it a nice pungent flavor that goes great with chicken.
- If you want a bit of a kick, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the sauce. This will give it a nice spicy flavor that pairs well with the chicken.
- For a bit of acidity and brightness, add some lemon juice or white wine vinegar to the sauce. This will help cut through the richness of the sauce and balance out the flavors.
2. Tomato Sauce
I love a classic Italian tomato sauce with my stuffed chicken breast.
Here are three ways you can add more flavor to your tomato sauce:
- Add some chopped onion and garlic to the sauce when you first start cooking it. This will give the sauce a nice base flavor.
- If you like your sauce a little bit sweeter, you can add a touch of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes.
- For a bit of heat, add in some crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
3. Pesto Sauce
If you like the strong flavor of pesto, then you will love this sauce served with stuffed chicken breast.
To make it more flavorful, here are 3 ways to add more flavor to the dish:
- Add garlic: Garlic is a natural complement to pesto and will give the dish an extra zing.
- Use sun-dried tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes are already packed with flavor, so adding them to the pesto sauce will make it even more flavorful.
- Add Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is a classic ingredient in pesto sauce and will give it a nice, sharp flavor.
4. BBQ Sauce
Sweet, salty, and smoky, BBQ sauce is the perfect finishing touch for stuffed chicken breast.
- To make a sweeter sauce, add in brown sugar or honey.
- For a saltier flavor, try adding in soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
- And to give it a smokier taste, stir in some smoked paprika or chipotle powder.
BBQ sauce is easy to customize to your liking, so don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect flavor combination for you.
5. Creamy Garlic Sauce
Creamy and garlicky, this delicious sauce is perfect for dipping or smothering your favorite chicken dishes.
- For a richer flavor, add in some Parmesan cheese.
- If you want a little bit of a spice, add in some red pepper flakes.
- To make it even more creamy, add in some heavy cream.
6. Marsala Sauce
This incredible homemade chicken marsala will be your new go-to chicken dish!
The sauce is made with mushrooms, garlic, and a Marsala wine reduction.
It’s the perfect balance of savory and slightly sweet.
Here are three ways to take your marsala sauce to the next level:
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar for a touch of acidity
- Throw in some fresh thyme leaves for an herby flavor
- Stir in a spoonful of Dijon mustard for a little bit of heat
7. Mushroom Sauce
I’ve always been fan of a good mushroom sauce, especially when it’s served with stuffed chicken breast.
Here are three ways that you can add more flavor to your mushroom sauce:
- Sauté the mushrooms in some butter before adding them to the sauce. This will help to bring out their natural flavors.
- Add a splash of white wine to the sauce while it’s simmering. This will add a bit of acidity and depth of flavor.
- Be sure to use a variety of mushrooms for the sauce. I like to use cremini, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms. This gives the sauce a nice mix of textures and flavors.
8. Lemon Butter Sauce
Lemony and buttery, this delicious sauce is perfect for chicken!
- For extra zing, add a splash of white vinegar or lemon juice.
- If you want a bit more depth of flavor, add in some minced garlic or shallots.
- To make it richer, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream.
9. Red Pepper Jelly Sauce
This sauce is sweet, can be spicy (or not), and is the perfect thing to serve over stuffed chicken breast.
It is also really easy to make!
- To add more depth of flavor, try roasting the red peppers before adding them to the sauce. This will give them a smoky flavor that will be really delicious.
- If you want a bit more of a spice kick, add in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the sauce. Start with just a little bit and then taste as you go until it is as spicy as you like it.
- For an extra touch of sweetness, stir in a tablespoon or two of honey into the sauce. This will complement the sweetness of the red peppers and be really delicious.
10. Jalapeno Hot Sauce
Sometimes, I like a little bit of heat with my stuffed chicken breast, and that’s when I turn to this jalapeno hot sauce.
Just a few dashes of this sauce will really give the dish some flavor without making it too spicy.
And if you want to add even more flavor, here are three ways to do it:
- Add a tablespoon of diced onion for sweetness and crunch
- Stir in a teaspoon of smoked paprika for a smoky flavor
- Mix in a tablespoon of chopped cilantro for freshness
11. Honey Mustard Sauce
Lastly, you can’t go wrong with a honey mustard sauce.
This particular sauce is great because it has a bit of sweetness to it from the honey, but also a nice tang and zing from the mustard.
It really brings out the flavors of the chicken and makes for a great presentation as well.
To really take this sauce over the top, consider adding in:
- A tablespoon or two of white wine vinegar
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- A clove or two of minced garlic
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
What Sauce Goes with Stuffed Chicken Breast? (11 Easy Sauces)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Marsala Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Red Pepper Jelly Sauce
- Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this post to serve with your stuffed chicken breast.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!