If you are making salmon for dinner and are wondering what nuts to serve with it, then you are in the right place.
I have put together a list of 10 different nuts that go well with salmon.
These include almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews, and more.
Each of these nuts has a different flavor that will complement the salmon perfectly.
So if you are looking for a delicious and easy way to take your salmon dish to the next level, then be sure to try one (or more!) of these nuts.
What Nuts Go with Salmon?
Nuts that go well with salmon include pistachios, cashews, and almonds. These nuts provide a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor that complement the fish. You can also use other nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, if you prefer.
When choosing nuts to include with your salmon, it’s important to consider both flavor and texture.
Some nuts, like almonds or cashews, will add a sweetness to the dish, while others, like pistachios or walnuts, will add a more savory flavor.
You’ll also want to consider how the nuts will cook.
For example, softer nuts like peanuts or hazelnuts will cook more quickly than firmer nuts like almonds or walnuts.
And lastly, think about the overall texture of the dish.
You may want to include a mix of both softer and firmer nuts to create a more interesting and well-rounded dish.
Here are 10 of the best nuts that go with salmon:
Almonds taste nutty, earthy, and toasty.
They also have a slightly sweet flavor.
When paired with salmon, they can help to balance out the richness of the fish.
To further balance out the flavors in the dish, you could add in some lemon juice and fresh herbs.
Here are 5 ways you can use almonds with salmon:
- Almond-crusted salmon: Coat salmon fillets in an almond flour mixture, then bake or pan-fry until golden brown.
- Salmon with almond butter sauce: Make a quick sauce by whisking together almond butter, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Drizzle over cooked salmon.
- Almond-stuffed salmon: Mix chopped almonds with cream cheese, green onions, and lemon juice. Stuff into the cavity of a salmon fillet, then bake or grill.
- Salmon with almond-vegetable medley: Toss together blanched or steamed vegetables with toasted chopped almonds. Serve with cooked salmon.
- Almond-crusted salmon with honey-mustard sauce: Combine honey, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise to make a quick sauce. Serve with salmon that has been coated in an almond flour mixture and pan-fried or baked.
Cashews have a rich nutty flavor.
They are quite similar to almonds and peanuts in terms of taste.
They are also a bit softer than almonds, making them a good choice for salmon dishes.
When choosing cashews, it is important to consider how they will balance out the flavors in the dish.
For example, if the salmon is being cooked with a sweet sauce, the cashews will add a nice savory contrast.
If the salmon is being cooked with a savory sauce, the cashews will add a bit of sweetness.
Pistachios are fresh, piney, terpy and resinous.
They provide a perfect balance of flavor to the richness of the salmon.
When pairing these two together, be sure to take into account the different textures of each.
The crunch of the pistachio will add a nice contrast to the smoothness of the salmon.
For an extra bit of flavor, you could also add some lemon juice to the mix.
Walnuts are fairly mild, but they have a complexity of flavor that enhances salmon quite nicely.
They also add a nice crunch to the dish, which helps to balance out the richness of the salmon.
To really bring out the flavors, you could try roasting the walnuts before adding them to the dish.
Other ingredients that would go well with this include lemon, thyme, and parsley.
Most people think of peanuts as a savory snack, but they can actually be quite sweet.
This makes them a great addition to salmon, as they help to balance out the richness of the fish.
Peanuts also add a crunchy texture to the dish, which helps to contrast the softness of the salmon.
To further balance out the flavors, you can add ingredients like lemon juice or dill.
Hazelnuts are sweet with notes of musty and earthy flavors.
They also have a soft, creamy texture.
When paired with salmon, the hazelnuts help to balance out the richness of the fish.
They also add a bit of crunch to the dish.
To further balance out the flavors, you could add a squeeze of lemon juice or some fresh herbs.
Here are 2 ways I like to use hazelnuts with salmon:
- Crusted Salmon: I like to coat salmon fillets in a mixture of chopped hazelnuts, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Then I bake them until they’re crispy on the outside and flakey on the inside.
- Salmon with Hazelnut Sauce: I make a sauce by blending together hazelnuts, butter, garlic, and white wine. I pour it over pan-fried salmon fillets and bake them until they’re cooked through.
Pecans have a distinctly sweet and buttery taste that pairs well with the rich flavor of salmon.
Their crunchy texture also helps to balance out the softness of the fish.
When pairing salmon with pecans, consider adding other ingredients that will complement the flavors of both.
For example, a light citrus dressing or a sprinkle of fresh herbs can brighten up the dish and help to bring out the natural flavors of the salmon and pecans.
8. Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts have a rich, buttery taste that pairs well with the flavor of salmon.
They also add a crunchy texture to the dish.
To balance out the flavors, you can add ingredients like lemon juice, dill, and parsley.
9. Brazil Nuts
With their smooth, buttery texture and nutty flavor, Brazil nuts are an excellent choice to include with salmon.
They add a richness to the dish that can be balanced out with other ingredients, such as lemon juice or fresh herbs.
For a complete meal, pair the salmon with a side of roasted vegetables or a simple salad.
10. Pine Nuts
Pine nuts have a soft and nutty flavor that pairs well with the rich taste of salmon.
They also add a nice crunch to the dish.
To balance out the flavors, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of dill.
What Nuts Go with Salmon? (10 Amazing Nuts)
- Macadamia Nuts
- Brazil Nuts
- Pine Nuts
- Pick your favorite nuts from this list to use with your salmon recipe.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Enjoy in no time!