If you’re wondering what to serve with lasagna soup, you’re in luck!
This list of 11 easy sides will take your soup from good to great.
From a simple green salad to garlic bread to roasted vegetables, there’s something for everyone.
Read Also: 15 Best Cheeses for Lasagna Recipes
Lasagna soup is one of those meals that’s just as good (if not better) the next day.
It’s hearty, filling, and packed with flavor.
And what’s not to love about a meal that combines two of our favorite things: soup and lasagna!
But even the best lasagna soup can be made better with the right side dish.
That’s why I’ve compiled a list of 11 of the best sides for lasagna soup.
Whether you’re looking for something green and healthy or something a little more indulgent, there’s sure to be a side dish on this list that will tickle your taste buds.
So without further ado, here are 11 of the best sides for lasagna soup:
1. A Simple Green Salad
If there’s one thing I love more than a big bowl of hearty soup, it’s a big bowl of hearty soup with a delicious side of salad.
And this lasagna soup and simple green salad combo is the perfect example of that.
The soup is packed with all the flavors of lasagna that we all know and love, but in a much lighter and healthier form.
And the salad is the perfect compliment to the soup, with its fresh and crispy greens.
Together, they make for a perfect meal that is sure to please any and all taste buds.
Here’s how I prepare a simple green salad to go along with this soup:
- I start by chopping up some fresh greens, like romaine lettuce, kale, or spinach.
- Then I add in some chopped up vegetables, like tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots.
- I top it all off with a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, vinegar, and a touch of salt and pepper.
This lasagna soup and simple green salad combo is the perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of lasagna without all the guilt.
So go ahead and enjoy a big bowl of this soup and salad, and know that you’re doing your body a favor in the process.
2. Garlic Bread
I don’t think there’s anyone out there who doesn’t love garlic bread.
It’s the perfect side dish for any meal, but it goes especially well with lasagna soup.
The lasagna soup is hearty and filling, and the garlic bread is the perfect way to round out the meal.
So crunchy, so garlicky, and so delicious.
What’s not to love about garlic bread?
And when it’s served with lasagna soup, it’s the perfect combination of hearty and flavorful.
I like to make my garlic bread with a little bit of butter and garlic salt, and then I bake it in the oven until it’s nice and crispy.
Here’s how to make garlic bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a loaf of bread into 1-inch thick slices.
- Spread a layer of butter on each slice.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on each slice.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is crispy. Enjoy!
3. Grilled Chicken Breast
Just because something is healthy doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious, and this meal is a perfect example of that.
The lasagna soup is packed with nutrients and flavor, while the grilled chicken breast is a lean and healthy protein option.
Together, these two dishes make for a filling and satisfying meal that is sure to please any appetite.
And best of all, it’s all pretty healthy for you!
If you’re not a big fan of chicken, you could always substitute another protein, like grilled shrimp or tofu.
But in my opinion, the chicken really makes this meal special.
It’s a hearty and filling dish that is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal to serve up, this lasagna soup and grilled chicken breast is a perfect option.
Here’s how to make sure your grilled chicken comes out perfectly every time:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
4. A Side of Pasta
Pasta is a classic side dish that goes great with any main course, but it is especially delicious with lasagna soup.
The pasta provides a hearty and filling element to the soup, while the soup itself is full of rich and flavorful ingredients.
The combination of the two is simply irresistible.
My favorite way to make pasta is to cook it al dente, which means it is cooked to be firm but not hard.
This allows the pasta to retain its shape and texture while still being able to soak up the flavors of the soup.
Lasagna soup is the perfect dish to showcase al dente pasta because it is packed with so much flavor.
The soup is made with a variety of meats, vegetables, and spices, all of which come together to create a delicious and hearty meal.
The pasta provides the perfect base for all of the flavors, and it is simply impossible to resist.
5. Roasted Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish.
They are easy to make from scratch, and can be made with any type of vegetable.
- To roast vegetables, simply preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, wash and chop the vegetables, and toss them with olive oil and salt.
- Then, roast them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
Roasted vegetables are a great way to add flavor and nutrition to any meal.
6. A Loaf of Bread
I know that this side dish might not sound super exciting, but I promise it’s delicious.
It’s also really easy to make from scratch.
All you need is some bread dough, a little bit of olive oil, and some garlic.
- To make the bread, simply mix the dough ingredients together and knead for a few minutes until it’s smooth.
- Then, let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Once it’s doubled in size, shape it into a loaf and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the top with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle on some garlic.
- Bake the bread at a high temperature, around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 30 minutes.
And that’s it!
You’ve got a delicious, homemade loaf of bread to enjoy.
7. A Fruit Salad
Who doesn’t like a good fruit salad?
This side dish is delicious because it is fresh and light.
Plus, it is easy to make from scratch.
All you need is some fresh fruit, a little bit of sugar, and some lime juice.
Simply mix everything together and enjoy!
Or, if you’re more into a savory fruit salad, mix together some chopped fruit with diced onion, celery, and a vinaigrette dressing.
This is a great way to use up any leftover fruit you have lying around.
So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
8. A Slice of Pizza
Pizza is a delicious side dish because it is full of flavor and can be made from scratch with just a few simple ingredients.
To make pizza from scratch, you will need flour, water, yeast, salt, and tomato sauce.
- First, mix the flour, water, yeast, and salt together in a bowl and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Then, roll out the dough on a floured surface and spread the tomato sauce over the top.
- Add your favorite toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious pizza!
Here’s a list of toppings that I like on my pizza:
- Green peppers
- Extra cheese
9. Garden Salad
A big portion of greens is always a good idea when eating lasagna soup because it lightens up the dish.
This garden salad is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients: lettuce, tomatoes, and a dressing of your choice.
You can also add croutons or cheese if you’d like.
- To make the salad, simply mix together the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Then, add the dressing and mix everything together. If you’re using croutons or cheese, add them now and mix again.
- Serve the salad alongside the soup and enjoy!
10. Caesar Salad
The Caesar Salad is delicious as a side dish because it is full of healthy ingredients and it is very easy to make.
To make this salad from scratch, all you need is a head of lettuce, some tomatoes, a cucumber, and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Simply chop up the lettuce and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and mix them together in a bowl.
- Then, add in the cucumber and Parmesan cheese.
This salad is a great side dish because it is healthy and easy to make.
11. Garlic Knots
Small, but mighty, garlic knots are the perfect side dish to accompany your lasagna soup.
They are savory, slightly chewy, and full of garlic flavor.
Best of all, they are easy to make from scratch.
- Simply combine garlic, salt, sugar, yeast, and water in a bowl and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Then, knot the dough into small balls, brush with olive oil, and bake for 12 minutes.
You’ll have delicious garlic knots that are the perfect complement to your lasagna soup.
What to Serve with Lasagna Soup (11 Easy Sides)
- A Simple Green Salad
- Garlic Bread
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- A Side of Pasta
- Roasted Vegetables
- A Loaf of Bread
- A Fruit Salad
- A Slice of Pizza
- Garden Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Knots
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your soup.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy your meal in no time!