Knowing what dressing goes with avocado can be tricky.
After all, avocado is such a versatile and flavorful ingredient.
But don’t worry, I’m here to help! I’ve rounded up 11 of the best dressings to serve with avocado.
Whether you are looking for a creamy dressing, a vinaigrette, or something in between, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these dressings a try the next time you make avocado!
What Dressing Goes with Avocado?
There are many dressings that go well with avocado. You can go for a classic Caesar dressing, or something more unique like a cilantro lime dressing. Other popular choices include ranch dressing, balsamic vinegar, and even ketchup.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 11 dressings that go with avocado:
1. Greek Dressing
This easy Greek Dressing is made with things already in your pantry and fridge!
It’s the perfect addition to any salad, but I especially love it on this Avocado and Feta Salad.
The Greek dressing ties all of the flavors together perfectly, and the avocado adds a delicious creaminess.
Some other great ideas for using this dressing are:
- Tossing it with some roasted potatoes and veggies.
- Using it as a dip for fresh cut veggies or pita chips.
- Drizzling it over grilled chicken or fish.
2. Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
This dressing is perfect for salads, wraps and veggies!
The sweetness of the honey, the tang of the dijon and the acidity of the vinegar all come together to create a delicious, well-rounded dressing.
And it’s so easy to make! Simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl and you’re done.
To use this dressing with avocado, try:
- Tossing it with some chopped lettuce, diced avocado and cherry tomatoes for a simple salad.
- Spreading it on a wrap with avocado, chicken and cheese.
- Drizzling it over grilled veggies like zucchini or eggplant.
3. Ranch Dressing
This dressing is great for dipping, cooking, salad and so much more.
I love using it as a salad dressing, especially when I add in some diced avocado.
The creaminess of the avocado pairs so well with the tangy, herbaceous ranch flavor.
Some other great ways to use avocado and ranch together are:
- Use it as a dip for fresh veggies or chips.
- Top your favorite tacos with a scoop of avocado ranch.
- Make a batch of guacamole Ranch dressing by mixing in some diced avocado to your favorite recipe.
- Drizzle it over roasted sweet potatoes or use it as a veggie dip.
4. Olive Garden Salad (Copycat Version)
Not quite as amazing as the original, but close enough that you’ll be happy with the results.
This salad dressing is perfect for those who love the Olive Garden salad, but want to save a few bucks by making it at home.
The best part is, this recipe makes a large batch of dressing, so you can have it on hand whenever you’re in the mood for a salad.
Try it on:
- Avocado toast
- A simple green salad
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Grilled chicken or fish
5. Thai Peanut Dressing
This Thai-style peanut dressing is so irresistibly good, you’ll want to put it on everything!
It’s perfect for salads, as a dipping sauce, or even as a marinade.
The best part is that it’s super quick and easy to make.
Just whisk together some peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha) and you’re done!
Here are a few ideas for how to use this delicious dressing:
- Drizzle it over a salad of mixed greens, diced avocado, and chopped peanuts.
- Use it as a dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls or veggie sticks.
- Toss it with cooked noodles or rice and veggies for an easy lunch or light dinner.
- Marinate chicken or tofu in it before grilling or stir-frying.
6. Green Goddess Dressing
I often make this easy dressing with Greek yogurt, avocado, and herbs to enjoy as a healthy snack or light meal.
But it also pairs perfectly with avocado toast, as a dipping sauce for crudités, or tossed with greens for a simple salad.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to use green goddess dressing:
- On avocado toast with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning
- As a dip for fresh veggies or pita chips
- Tossed with mixed greens and diced avocado
- As a sandwich or wrap spread in place of mayo
7. Sweet and Spicy Mango Salad Dressing
So delicious, super easy, and the antidote for boring salads.
This sweet and spicy mango salad dressing is made with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s the perfect way to liven up any avocado salad.
The sweetness of the mango pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the avocado, and the chili flakes add just the right amount of heat.
Try this dressing on my favorite avocado salad recipe, or use it as a dip for fresh cut veggies.
8. Balsamic Vinaigrette
This creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing will turn your salads from ordinary to extraordinary!
It’s made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and it comes together in less than 5 minutes.
This dressing is delicious on any salad, but my personal favorite way to enjoy it is on a big bowl of chopped romaine lettuce, topped with diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese.
For an extra-special touch, try grilling or roasting your veggies before adding them to the salad – the smoky flavor goes so well with the balsamic vinaigrette!
9. Thousand Island Dressing
This recipe is one you’ll use over and over.
It’s perfect for salads, as a veggie dip, or even as a sandwich spread.
And it only takes a few minutes to whip up!
Here are some ideas for using thousand island dressing:
- Toss it into cooked rice or quinoa for extra flavor.
10. Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing
This lemon tahini dressing recipe is easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free.
It’s the perfect creamy, tangy dressing for salads, grain bowls, or veggie wraps.
I love using it as a salad dressing, but it would also be great as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables or as a topping for grain bowls.
Here are some ideas for how to use avocado with this lemon garlic tahini dressing:
- Serve it as a salad with mixed greens, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and croutons.
- Use it as a spread or dip for veggie wraps with avocado, cucumber, and carrots.
- Top a bowl of quinoa or rice with avocado, grilled chicken or tofu, and your favorite roasted vegetables.
11. Homemade Catalina Dressing
Use this dressing to brighten up any fresh garden salad, taco salad or as a flavorful chicken marinade.
This Catalina Dressing is so good, you’ll want to put it on everything!
The best part about this dressing is that it’s super easy to make, and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
Here are a few ideas for using this dressing:
- Toss it with some chopped romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes and shredded cheese for an easy salad.
- Use it as a marinade for grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Drizzle it over tacos or nachos for extra flavor.
- Use it as a dipping sauce for fresh veggies or chips.
What Dressing Goes with Avocado Salad?
There are a few different dressings that go well with avocado salad. You can’t go wrong with a classic vinaigrette, or something more unique like a cilantro-lime dressing. Other popular choices include honey-lime dressing, ranch dressing, and even Caesar dressing.
What Dressing Goes with Avocado? (11 Dressings)
- Greek Dressing
- Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Olive Garden Salad (Copycat Version)
- Thai Peanut Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Sweet and Spicy Mango Salad Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Homemade Catalina Dressing
- Pick any of the dressings from this list to use with your avocado dish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!