If you want to know what sauce goes with rice noodles, you’ve come to the right place.
I’ve got 13 delicious options for you, my friend.
So whether you’re looking for a creamy sauce or something on the lighter side, I’ve got you covered.
And trust me, your friends and family will be impressed.
So go ahead and give one (or all) of these a try!
What Sauce Goes with Rice Noodles? 13 Rice Noodle Sauces
Whether you want an easy sauce for rice noodles or something a little more complex, there’s a sauce out there for you.
From simple soy sauce and vinegar to more complex curries and chili pastes, there are a number of great options to choose from.
Here are 13 of the best sauces for rice noodles:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Enjoy this creamy and flavorful alfredo sauce with any type of noodle!
Here’s how to change it up:
- To add more depth of flavor, try sautéing some chopped garlic in the butter before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- For a bit of a kick, add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes to the finished sauce.
- If you want to add some extra veggies, try stirring in some cooked and shredded spinach or kale.
2. Parmesan Cream Sauce
Parmesan adds a delicious, nutty flavor to this cream sauce that takes it from ordinary to extraordinary.
Here’s how to change it up:
- Add garlic: Garlic is a classic flavor that pairs well with just about anything. It would be a great addition to this sauce and would really round out the flavors.
- Add sautéed mushrooms: Sautéing mushrooms in a bit of butter or olive oil before adding them to the sauce would give them a nice, rich flavor that would complement the creaminess of the sauce perfectly.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes are another ingredient that can really take a dish to the next level. They have such a concentrated flavor and would add a lovely depth of flavor to this already flavorful sauce.
3. Basil Pesto Sauce
Basil pesto is easy to find or make at home and can be served with any type of noodle.
Here are three ways to add more flavor to your basil pesto sauce:
- Add in some crushed red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat
- Stir in some sun-dried tomatoes for a touch of sweetness and acidity
- Mix in some Parmesan cheese for extra creaminess and savoriness
4. Marinara Sauce
Marinara sauce tastes like fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
It’s a classic sauce that can be used on any type of pasta noodle.
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your marinara sauce:
- Add some spice with red pepper flakes
- Use fresh tomatoes instead of canned for a brighter flavor
- Stir in some chopped basil leaves at the end
5. Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all’arrabbiata)
I love Italian food, and one of my favorite sauces is arrabbiata sauce.
This particular sauce is made with tomatoes, garlic, and red chili peppers, giving it a bit of spice.
It’s delicious with any type of noodle, but here are three ways that you can add even more flavor to the sauce:
- Add some pancetta or bacon to the sauce. The salty pork fat will add another dimension of flavor to the dish.
- If you want a creamier sauce, you could add some heavy cream or half and half. This will also help tone down the spiciness of the chili peppers.
- To really bring out the flavors of the tomato paste, cook the sauce for a longer period of time. This will allow all of the ingredients to meld together and create an even tastier dish.
6. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This is a simple sauce for rice noodles – just add some creamy mushroom sauce!
But if you want to add more flavor, here are 3 ways to do it:
- Add a little bit of garlic to the sauce. This will give it a nice depth of flavor.
- If you like things spicy, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce. This will give it a nice kick.
- Finally, if you want to add some extra veggies to the dish, stir in some chopped mushrooms or spinach leaves into the sauce. This will not only add more flavor, but also make the dish more nutritious!
7. Dijon Mustard Sauce
Open your fridge and see if you have the following ingredients: Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and honey.
If you do, then you already have the makings for a delicious Dijon mustard sauce!
This sauce is fantastic with any type of noodle dish and is so versatile that it can be spiced up in a variety of ways.
Here are three ways to add more flavor to your Dijon mustard sauce:
- Add some chopped fresh herbs like chives, parsley, or thyme.
- Stir in a teaspoon or two of Sriracha or other hot sauce.
- Mix in some crumbled blue cheese or grated Parmesan cheese.
8. Lemon Butter Sauce
If simplicity is what you’re after, look no further than this lemon butter sauce.
It’s a classic for a reason – it’s delicious and goes with any type of noodle!
You can make this dish as light or rich as you like by adjusting the amount of butter used.
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your lemon butter sauce:
- Use fresh herbs: Add some chopped parsley, thyme, or rosemary for a fragrant twist.
- Spice it up: A pinch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes will give the sauce a little kick.
- Make it cheesy: Stir in some grated Parmesan cheese at the end for extra richness.
9. Chimichurri Sauce
Imagine what your plate of rice noodles would be like without that delicious sauce.
Now, top it off with chimichurri sauce and you have a winner!
This Argentinean-style sauce is traditionally made with parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
But there are many ways to add more flavor to this already flavorful sauce.
Here are three ideas:
- Use fresh herbs: If you want to really amp up the flavor of your chimichurri sauce, use fresh herbs instead of dried. This will make a big difference in the taste and aroma of the final product.
- Add some acidity: A little bit of acidity can really brighten up a dish. You can achieve this by adding a splash of lemon juice or white vinegar to your chimichurri sauce.
- Spice it up: If you like things spicy, add a pinch (or more!) of red pepper flakes or ground cumin to your chimichurri sauce. This will give it an extra kick that will surely wake up your taste buds!
10. Gorgonzola Sauce
Gorgonzola sauce is usually a hit or miss in my opinion.
I have had some that are incredibly flavorful and others that taste bland and boring.
If you are looking to make a gorgonzola sauce that is packed with flavor, here are three ways you can do so:
- First, be sure to use a good quality gorgonzola cheese. The better the quality of the cheese, the better the flavor will be in the sauce.
- Second, add in some roasted garlic for an extra depth of flavor. Roasting the garlic beforehand really brings out its natural sweetness and makes it much more palatable.
- Third, finish it off with a touch of cream to balance out the sharpness of the cheese. This will also help to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
These three simple tips will help you take your gorgonzola sauce from meh to amazing!
11. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
If basil pesto is too basic for you, try sun dried tomato pesto sauce!
It’s a delicious twist on the classic that can be served with any type of noodle.
To add more flavor to the sauce, you could:
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
- Stir in some goat cheese or Parmesan cheese for a creamy, cheesy taste.
- Mix in some chopped fresh parsley or basil for a pop of color and freshness.
12. Horseradish Sauce
Your rice noodle dish is going to love this horseradish sauce!
It’s got a bit of a kick to it, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
You can use it on any type of noodle, and you can also add more flavor to the sauce by adding in some diced onion, garlic, or even green onions.
If you want an extra bit of heat, you can also add in some red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce.
And if you want to tone down the heat a bit, simply add in a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
This horseradish sauce is perfect for anyone who loves a little bit of spice in their life!
13. Olive Tapenade
Although not a sauce, per se, olive tapenade is a delicious and easy way to add flavor to any rice noodle recipe.
Simply spoon the tapenade onto your noodles of choice.
Olive tapenade is a paste made of olives, capers, olive oil, and sometimes anchovies or lemon juice.
It is usually found in a jar near the other olives at the grocery store.
- If you want to add more depth of flavor to your sauce, consider simmering some garlic and onion in olive oil before adding the tapenade.
- Or, for a bit of spice, add red pepper flakes or chopped fresh jalapeño peppers to the sauce.
- For a creamier sauce, stir in some heavy cream or sour cream after adding the tapenade.
What Sauce Goes with Rice Noodles? (13 Rice Noodle Sauces)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata)
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- Horseradish Sauce
- Olive Tapenade
- Pick any of these sauces to pair with your rice noodles.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!