Knowing what cheese goes with strawberry jam can make all the difference when it comes to creating a delicious, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
From tangy blue cheeses to creamy bries, there’s no shortage of possibilities!
I’ve compiled 10 of my favorite kinds of cheese and how they taste best alongside strawberry jam.
Each combination provides something special for your palate — like rich triple creams or nutty cheddars.
Whether you’re entertaining friends or just looking for an easy snack, these pairings are sure to hit the spot!
Get ready to spread some tasty goodness on crackers, baguettes and more at your next get-together.
In a rush? Here is the short answer:
The best kinds of cheese to serve with strawberry jam are brie, cream cheese, goat cheese, and ricotta. These cheeses provide a creamy texture and mild flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the jam. For an added touch of savory flavor, try adding crumbled blue cheese or shredded cheddar.
Let’s explore 10 options!
Nutty, fruity and buttery – Brie is a cheese that has a distinct flavor to it!
Its mild yet earthy taste pairs well with sweet flavors, making it the perfect accompaniment to strawberry jam.
Here are some creative ways you can use brie with strawberry jam:
- Make an open-faced sandwich by spreading brie on top of toast and topping it off with strawberry jam. The combination of creamy cheese and sweet jam will be a delight for your taste buds!
- Create flavorful crostini appetizers by layering thin slices of brie onto pieces of baguette, then smearing them with strawberry jam for added sweetness.
- Stuff dates or figs with creamy brie followed by a dollop of strawberry jam to balance out the savory notes from the cheese. This makes for an easy yet genius snack that everyone will love.
Not too strong, Havarti is a semi-hard cheese that has a springy texture and subtle sweet and acidic notes.
It’s mild enough to eat on its own with crackers or bread, but it can also be used in many creative ways.
Here are 3 ideas you could try for using Havarti with strawberry jam:
- Create an open-faced sandwich by layering slices of Havarti, fresh strawberries, and strawberry jam on top of thickly cut sourdough toast. Top it off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and cracked pepper for extra flavor.
- Make mini tartlets by pressing thin layers of sliced Havarti into tartlet pans lined with pre-made pastry dough. Bake until golden brown then top each one off with a spoonful of strawberry jam before serving warm.
- Spice up your grilled cheese sandwiches by adding thinly sliced pieces of Havarti along with some freshly chopped strawberries and dollops of strawberry jam to the center between two slices of your favorite bread. Grill until the cheese melts then enjoy!
Truly, gouda is a cheese with an incredible range of flavors and textures.
It’s sweet when young, but develops more complexities as it ages.
This makes it perfect for all sorts of creative culinary uses!
Here are some ideas:
- Grilled Cheese and Strawberry Jam Sandwich: Toast two pieces of bread until golden brown and spread one side with creamy gouda cheese. Top the other slice with strawberry jam to create an unexpected yet delicious combination.
- Waffle Bites with Gouda & Strawberries: Make mini waffles in your waffle maker, then top each one with a thin slice of aged gouda and a dollop of strawberry jam.
- Stuffed French Toast Rolls: Cut up day old french toast into slices, fill them with melted gouda cheese and top them off with a dollop of strawberry jam – delicious!
If you don’t want to go for the usual cheese and jam combination, Emmentaler is an excellent choice.
This Swiss cheese has a mild taste, fruitier aroma and thin rind.
It’s great in sandwiches or as part of a savoury tart.
Here are some creative ways to use it with strawberry jam:
- Create crostini by spreading slices of Emmentaler with strawberry jam on top and baking them until golden brown;
- Make a delicious grilled sandwich using sliced Emmentaler, butter, and a generous dollop of strawberry jam;
- Add cubes of Emmentaler into your pancakes along with some melted butter and finish off with strawberry jam for sweetness!
5. Blue Cheese
When you’re feeling adventurous in the kitchen, blue cheese can be a great ingredient to use with strawberry jam.
Its pungent flavor pairs perfectly with sweet and fruity flavors.
Here are some creative ways to use blue cheese and strawberry jam together:
- Create an appetizer platter of crackers topped with crumbled blue cheese and a dollop of strawberry jam for a savory-sweet bite that’s sure to impress.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, crumbled blue cheese, and strawberry jam for an easy spread you can use on bagels or toast.
- Add chunks of blue cheese into your next batch of muffins or cupcakes along with fresh strawberries and a spoonful of strawberry jam for an unexpected twist on classic treats.
6. Goat Cheese
Why not try pairing goat cheese with your jam for a delightful and creative culinary experience?
Here are three ideas to get you started:
- Spread some goat cheese on crackers, top it off with a spoonful of strawberry jam, and sprinkle some freshly cracked pepper for an easy yet delicious appetizer.
- Make an open-faced sandwich by layering slices of toasted bread with crumbled goat cheese and dollops of strawberry jam.
- Cook up a savory tart with puff pastry as the base, spread creamy goat cheese overtop, then drizzle strawberry jam over the entire dish before baking in the oven.
Cheddar is super popular all around the world and has a mild, slightly buttery flavor.
It’s moist yet still crumbly in texture with notes of nuttiness that intensify as it ages.
Here are some creative ways to use cheddar cheese with strawberry jam:
- Make a grilled cheese sandwich by spreading your favorite strawberry jam on one side of two slices of bread and topping with freshly grated cheddar cheese before grilling until golden brown and crispy.
- Create an appetizing salad by combining fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced red onion, chopped walnuts, and cubes of cheddar cheese. Drizzle over some balsamic vinaigrette dressing and top with dollops of strawberry jam for added sweetness.
- Stuff sweet crepes with shredded cheddar cheese mixed in with the strawberry jam for a savory twist on this classic French dessert.
Who can deny the satisfying taste of fresh mozzarella?
With its mild, creamy flavor and salty tang, it is a favorite among cheese lovers.
When paired with strawberry jam, this combination creates an even richer and more flavorful taste experience.
Here are some creative ways to use mozzarella with strawberry jam:
- Create a cheesy twist on your PB&J by adding thin slices of mozzarella to your sandwich or wrap. The saltiness of the cheese pairs nicely with the sweetness of the jam for an indulgent lunchtime treat.
- Get your breakfast game up a notch by adding some diced mozzarella to pancakes or waffles along with warm strawberry preserves. This savory-sweet combo will make sure you have enough energy to get through the day!
- If you’re looking for something more dinner appropriate, try making mini pizzas topped with fresh mozzarella and dollops of sweet strawberry jam. Bake in preheated oven at 375°F until golden brown and crispy – they make great appetizers too!
Once you get to know the flavor of ricotta, there are a number of creative ways to use it in combination with strawberry jam.
Here are three ideas:
- Ricotta-Strawberry Jam Filled Crepes: Spread a thin layer of ricotta on each crepe and top with some strawberry jam for a delicious sweet breakfast treat.
- Ricotta-Jam Parfait: Layer alternating spoonfuls of fresh ricotta cheese and strawberry jam in a bowl or jar and then top with your favorite granola for an indulgent snack or breakfast parfait.
- Strawberry Jam and Ricotta Toast: Toasted bread topped with creamy ricotta cheese and dollops of strawberry jam makes for an easy yet flavorful snack that’s sure to please any crowd!
I’m sure you’ve heard of or tasted mascarpone cheese before.
It’s a sweet and creamy Italian cheese that is often compared to cream cheese, ricotta cheese, crème fraiche, and clotted cream.
Mascarpone has a mild flavor with hints of sweetness and acidity.
It pairs well with many different ingredients like strawberries, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, honey, nutmeg, and more!
Here are some creative ways to use it with strawberry jam:
- Make a delicious dessert by spreading mascarpone on puff pastry then topping it off with strawberry jam; bake until golden brown for an indulgent treat!
- Spread the mascarpone onto toast then top it off with your favorite strawberry jam for an easy breakfast option.
- Combine equal parts mascarpone and strawberry jam in a bowl then spread over scones or croissants for an afternoon snack.
- What Cheese Goes with Feta? (9 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Beef Stroganoff? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Beets? (10 Delicious Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Broccoli? (9 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Brussel Sprouts? (9 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Apple Pie? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Asparagus? (10 Delicious Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Goat Cheese? (9 Tasty Cheeses)
What Cheese Goes with Strawberry Jam?
- Blue Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Pick your favorite cheese from this collection to use with your jam.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Enjoy in no time!