Knowing what sauce goes with butternut squash noodles can have a big impact on your overall dining experience.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of the 13 best sauces to pair with butternut squash noodles.
So, whether you’re looking for a creamy sauce or something on the lighter side, there’s sure to be something on this list that will suit your needs.
What Sauce Goes with Butternut Squash Noodles? 13 Best Sauces
You want to make sure you choose a sauce that will complement the delicate flavor of butternut squash noodles.
A good sauce can enhance the flavor of the noodles and help to bring out the natural sweetness of the squash.
On the other hand, a bad sauce can easily overwhelm the delicate flavor of the squash and leave you with a bland and unappetizing dish.
Here are 13 of the best sauces for butternut squash noodles:
1. Alfredo Sauce
This thick and creamy sauce is delicious with all kinds of noodles, from fettuccine to ziti.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to Alfredo sauce:
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little heat
- Stir in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a touch of sweetness
- Sprinkle in some grated Parmesan cheese for extra savoriness
2. Parmesan Cream Sauce
Creamy, cheesy, and a little bit nutty, parmesan cream sauce is a delicious addition to any pasta dish.
This sauce goes well with most kinds of noodles, and can be easily spiced up with a few simple ingredients.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your parmesan cream sauce:
- Add garlic: Garlic is a classic flavor enhancer that can take any dish from good to great. For an extra flavorful punch, roast the garlic cloves before adding them to the sauce.
- Add spice: A pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce will give your parmesan cream sauce a nice little kick.
- Add fresh herbs: Fresh basil, thyme, or parsley will brighten up the flavors of the sauce and make it even more irresistible.
3. Basil Pesto Sauce
It’s hard to go wrong with pesto sauce – it’s flavorful, versatile, and goes well with most kinds of noodles.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your pesto sauce:
- Add some sun-dried tomatoes for a burst of sweetness and acidity.
- Stir in some cooked, crumbled bacon for a smoky depth of flavor.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a nutty richness.
4. Marinara Sauce
I love the taste of fresh tomatoes, so marinara sauce is one of my favorites.
It’s a classic sauce that goes well with most kinds of noodles, and there are many ways to add more flavor to it.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your marinara sauce:
- Add some chopped onions or garlic while the sauce is simmering. This will give the sauce a nice depth of flavor.
- If you like a bit of spice, you can add some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce. Start with a little and add more to taste.
- For a touch of sweetness, stir in a tablespoon or two of sugar. This will help balance out the acidity of the tomatoes.
5. Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all’arrabbiata)
How about something authentic tonight?
This zesty Italian sauce is made with garlic, tomatoes, and red chili peppers – it’s sure to give your taste buds a kick!
It’s traditionally served with penne pasta, but really any noodle will do.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your arrabbiata sauce:
- Add a splash of white wine for a touch of acidity
- Stir in some cooked pancetta or bacon for extra savoriness
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
I love mushroom sauce on anything – especially butternut squash noodles.
It’s a creamy, dreamy sauce that’s earthy and slightly sweet from the squash.
You can use any type of noodle you like – zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash noodles, or even just plain old wheat noodles.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your creamy mushroom sauce:
- Add some garlic for a little extra zing
- Use fresh mushrooms instead of canned for a more intense flavor
- Stir in some Parmesan cheese right before serving for a touch of salty goodness
7. Dijon Mustard Sauce
If you have some leftover dijon mustard sauce, don’t worry! It goes well with most kinds of noodles.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to the sauce:
- Add a dollop of honey for sweetness
- Stir in some diced onion or chives for savory onion flavor
- Mix in a teaspoon or two of sriracha for a spicy kick
8. Lemon Butter Sauce
Buttery, lemony, and ever-so-slightly sweet, this delicious sauce is perfect for dressing up any type of noodle!
Here are 3 easy ways to add more flavor to your lemon butter sauce:
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little bit of heat.
- Stir in some chopped fresh parsley or basil for a pop of color and flavor.
- Add a splash of white wine or chicken stock to give the sauce more depth.
9. Chimichurri Sauce
Why not add some flavor to your noodles with a delicious chimichurri sauce?
This Argentinean sauce is usually made with parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
It is incredibly flavorful and goes well with most kinds of noodles.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your chimichurri sauce:
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried for a more potent flavor
- Add in some chopped onion or shallot for sweetness and depth of flavor
- Roast your garlic before adding it to the sauce for a more mellow flavor
10. Gorgonzola Sauce
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of noodles with this sauce!
Gorgonzola sauce is a creamy and slightly tangy sauce that goes great with most kinds of noodles.
It’s also really easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to the sauce:
- Add a teaspoon or two of Dijon mustard for a little bit of heat
- Stir in some chopped fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, or basil
- Add a splash of white wine or lemon juice for brightness
11. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
Instead of basil pesto, try out this sun-dried tomato pesto sauce!
It’s super easy to make and goes well with most kinds of noodles.
Here are 3 easy ways to add more flavor to the sauce:
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat
- Stir in some Parmesan cheese at the end for extra creaminess
- Mix in a spoonful of tomato paste for an even deeper tomato flavor
12. Horseradish Sauce
This zingy option is a great way to add some flavor to your butternut squash noodles without having to use a lot of ingredients.
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your horseradish sauce:
- Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt for a creamy finish
- Stir in some chopped fresh herbs, like dill or parsley
- Mix in a bit of hot sauce for an extra kick
13. Olive Tapenade
You could also try something unique like an olive tapenade!
This is a sauce made of olives, capers, and anchovies.
It’s salty and briny with a little bit of acidity.
It’s perfect for coating pasta or using as a dipping sauce.
Here’s how to change things up:
- Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté some garlic in olive oil and add it to the sauce
- Stir in some chopped fresh parsley or basil
What Sauce Goes with Butternut Squash Noodles? (13 Sauces)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata)
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- Horseradish Sauce
- Olive Tapenade
- Choose any sauce from this post to serve with your butternut squash noodle recipe.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!