Figuring out what sauce goes on vermicelli can be a bit of a challenge.
After all, there are so many different options out there.
But don’t worry, I’m here to help.
I’ve rounded up 11 of the best sauces for vermicelli, so you can finally find the perfect match for your next dish.
And trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
What Sauce Goes on Vermicelli? 11 Best Sauces
When you’re working with vermicelli, the sauce you choose can make or break the dish.
A good sauce can enhance the flavor of the noodles and help to bring out their natural sweetness.
On the other hand, a bad sauce can easily overwhelm the delicate flavor of the vermicelli and leave you with a bland and unappetizing dish.
Fortunately, there are a number of great sauces that pair well with vermicelli.
Here are 11 of the best sauces for vermicelli:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is a creamy, white sauce that is usually made with butter, garlic, and heavy cream.
There are many ways to add more flavor to Alfredo sauce.
- One way is to add Parmesan cheese. This will give the sauce a nutty flavor.
- Another way to add more flavor to Alfredo sauce is to add roasted red peppers. This will give the sauce a slight sweetness and a smoky flavor.
- Finally, another way to add more flavor to Alfredo sauce is to add sauteed mushrooms. This will give the sauce a earthy flavor.
2. Parmesan Cream Sauce
As a cheese lover, I was in heaven the first time I had Parmesan cream sauce on vermicelli.
It’s rich, creamy, and full of flavor.
The best part is that it’s so easy to make!
Here are three ways to add more flavor to your Parmesan cream sauce:
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Pre-grated cheese doesn’t have the same flavor as freshly grated cheese.
- Add a bit of garlic powder or fresh minced garlic to the sauce. This will give it a nice depth of flavor.
- Use chicken broth or milk instead of water to make the sauce. This will make it richer and more flavorful.
3. Basil Pesto Sauce
Basil pesto is quite cheap and easy to make, and it goes well with vermicelli.
Here are three ways you can add more flavor to it:
- Use higher quality olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil will taste better than regular olive oil, and give the pesto a richer flavor.
- Add some Parmesan cheese. This will give the pesto a nutty flavor.
- Use fresh basil leaves instead of dried basil. This will give the pesto a more intense flavor.
4. Marinara Sauce
How do you feel about tomatoes? If you’re like most people, you probably enjoy them in moderation.
You might find them a little too acidic to eat on their own, but they make a delicious addition to many recipes.
Marinara sauce is a great example of how tomatoes can be used to enhance the flavor of other foods.
There are many ways to add more flavor to marinara sauce.
- One way is to add vegetables such as onions, garlic, or mushrooms.
- Another way is to add herbs such as basil or oregano.
- Finally, you could also add meat such as ground beef or sausage.
5. Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all’arrabbiata)
If you’ve ever been to Italy, you’ve probably had arrabbiata sauce.
It’s a simple but flavorful sauce made with tomatoes, garlic, and chili peppers.
Arrabbiata means “angry” in Italian, so this sauce is definitely not for the faint of heart!
Vermicelli pairs well with arrabbiata sauce because it’s light and doesn’t compete with the flavors of the sauce.
To add more flavor to your dish, try these three tips:
- Use fresh tomatoes instead of canned for a brighter flavor.
- Add a splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar for acidity.
- Stir in some chopped fresh parsley or basil before serving.
6. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Mushroom sauce goes well on pretty much any type of pasta, but it especially pairs well with vermicelli.
The mushrooms add a nice earthy flavor to the sauce, while the creaminess keeps the dish light.
If you want to add more depth of flavor to your mushroom sauce, here are three ways you can do so:
- Sauté some onions and garlic in olive oil before adding them to the sauce. This will give the sauce a nice base flavor.
- Add some white wine to the sauce while it’s simmering. This will brighten up the flavors and add a touch of acidity.
- Stir in some fresh herbs at the end, such as thyme or parsley. This will freshen up the flavors and make the sauce taste even brighter.
7. Dijon Mustard Sauce
If you like mustard (and who doesn’t?), you’ll love this dijon mustard sauce!
It’s perfect for vermicelli, but can also be used as a dipping sauce or condiment.
- To make the sauce, simply whisk together equal parts dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add a little honey to taste.
- For extra flavor, try adding a teaspoon of horseradish or a tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or chives.
This sauce is so versatile and easy to make, you’ll want to put it on everything!
8. Lemon Butter Sauce
If you want something super simple and tasty, go for a lemon butter sauce.
It’s light and bright, and it goes great with vermicelli.
Here are three ways to add more flavor to it:
- Use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled. The difference in flavor is night and day.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
- Stir in some chopped fresh parsley or basil for an herby twist.
9. Chimichurri Sauce
Your plate is going to look so pretty with some vermicelli noodles, and they will taste even better when you add this chimichurri sauce.
Chimichurri is a green sauce that is made with parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
It is super easy to make and can be made in advance so that it is ready to go when you need it.
This particular sauce goes so well with vermicelli because the acidity cuts through the heaviness of the pasta dish and the herbs bring a nice freshness to it.
There are 3 things that you can do to add even more flavor to your chimichurri sauce:
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried for a more potent flavor;
- Add in some lemon juice for brightness; or
- Stir in some diced tomatoes for sweetness and texture.
10. Gorgonzola Sauce
Don’t be fooled by its light color—gorgonzola sauce is packed with flavor.
This particular sauce is made from the Gorgonzola cheese, which is a type of Italian blue cheese.
It’s then combined with cream and a variety of spices to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
If you’re looking for ways to add more flavor to your gorgonzola sauce, here are three ideas:
- Add some chopped bacon or pancetta to the sauce. The salty pork flavors will complement the rich cheese perfectly.
- Stir in a spoonful or two of honey before serving. The sweetness will balance out the sharpness of the cheese nicely.
- For a bit of heat, add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes to the sauce. This will give it an extra kick that’ll take your dish to the next level.
11. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
This is my favorite pesto of all time. It’s so flavorful and versatile, and it goes great with vermicelli noodles.
And if you want to add a little more flavor to it, here are three ways to do so:
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce for a little bit of heat.
- Stir in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes for an extra burst of flavor.
- Mix in some grated Parmesan cheese for a cheesy, creamy pesto sauce.
What Sauce Goes on Vermicelli? (11 Best Sauces)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata)
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- Choose your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your noodles.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!