If you aren’t quite sure what dessert goes with corned beef and cabbage, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
From traditional Irish desserts to modern takes on classics, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So whether you’re looking for a traditional treat or something a little more out-of-the-box, one of these desserts is sure to hit the spot.
1. Carrot Cake
Carrot cake reminds me of my mom’s, who always made it for special occasions.
It’s a great dessert to serve after dinner because it’s a classic that everybody loves.
The sweetness of the cake combined with the crunchiness of the nuts and carrots makes it a really unique treat.
The cream cheese frosting is the perfect final touch.
- If you’re looking to switch up the recipe, you can try adding different fruits, nuts, and spices like nutmeg or cinnamon.
- You can also top it with different frostings like whipped cream, buttercream, or a drizzle of caramel.
Brownies are known for being pretty easy to whip up and make a delicious dessert choice to serve after dinner.
They are a great option for those nights when you don’t have a ton of time to make something from scratch.
Plus, they are a classic crowd-pleaser, so you can be sure that everyone will be happy!
You can customize them to fit your tastes by adding different ingredients, like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
Here are some creative ways to change up your brownies:
- Add a layer of fudge or Nutella
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Top with a scoop of ice cream
- Use a different type of chocolate (dark, white, etc.)
- Fold in pieces of candy bar or cookie dough
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
Mousse truly is easy to make and is the perfect way to end off a dinner.
This easy chocolate mousse is no exception.
It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in no time.
The end result is a smooth and creamy dessert that is sure to impress your guests.
It is light yet indulgent and the perfect size to finish off a meal.
- To change it up, you can add different toppings such as nuts or berries, or swap out the chocolate for different flavors.
- You can also add a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- For a more sophisticated take, you can even add a splash of liqueur for an adult-only treat.
4. Fruit Pizza
To some, this may sound like an odd dessert choice, but fruit pizza is a great, refreshing option to enjoy after dinner.
It’s light and sweet, and the combination of flavors and textures is sure to please everyone.
With a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting and a variety of fresh fruits, this dessert is sure to be a hit.
Plus, it’s easy to customize with different fruits, nuts or other toppings.
To change it up:
- Add a drizzle of chocolate or caramel
- Top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut or mini chocolate chips
- Include sliced peaches, kiwi, strawberries or other favorite fruits
- Add a layer of nuts or granola for some crunch
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
I love blueberries – whether they are fresh, frozen, or in a dessert like this one.
Blueberry Crumble Bars are a great choice for a post-dinner treat.
The sweet and tart flavors of the blueberries blend perfectly with the crunchy crumble topping.
The bars are easy to make and can be quickly prepared for a last-minute gathering.
Plus, they are sure to be a hit with everyone!
If you’re looking to change up this dessert, there are a few options:
- Add a layer of cream cheese or white chocolate in between the blueberries and crumble topping
- Swap out the blueberries for your favorite other berry or stone fruit
- Sprinkle chopped nuts or chocolate chips on top of the crumble topping
- Drizzle melted chocolate or caramel over each bar
6. Italian Tiramisu
When you want to get fancy after dinner, Italian Tiramisu is the perfect dessert to serve.
This classic Italian treat is made with espresso-soaked ladyfingers and a fluffy, creamy mascarpone filling.
It’s light and airy yet indulgent and satisfying.
Its flavor is subtle and delicate, making it a great way to end a meal.
Plus, it looks beautiful when served!
If you want to change things up, there are plenty of creative ways to do so.
- Consider adding fresh fruit, drizzling with chocolate sauce, or adding a sprinkle of cocoa powder for a little extra flair.
- You can also try flavored liqueurs or different kinds of espresso for a unique twist.
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
I consider lemon and blueberry to be one of the most classic flavor combinations, making this Lemon Blueberry Bread a great choice for dessert after dinner.
This bread features the tartness of lemon and sweetness of blueberries in a soft and moist bread.
Not only is this dessert delicious, but it’s also easy to make.
- To change it up, you can add some nuts like walnuts or pecans, or some shredded coconut.
- You can also make it into muffins, or add some glaze on top for a sweeter treat.
- For more of a lemon flavor, you can also add some lemon zest to the batter.
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Whether you use real strawberries or strawberry preserves, my family loves these Strawberry Lemon Blondies!
They are a great way to use up ripened fruit, and the lemon adds a nice zesty kick.
Here are some creative twists you can make on this delicious dessert:
- Substitute the strawberries for any other type of berry
- Add a teaspoon of almond extract for a more nutty flavor
- Replace the white sugar with brown sugar for a richer sweetness
- Top the blondies with a light glaze of lemon juice and powdered sugar
Pro tip: Leave the blondies in the pan for at least 10 minutes before cutting. This will help keep their shape and make them easier to cut. Enjoy!
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
When you don’t want to deal with the fuss of baking, these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls are the perfect solution!
My family loves them for their rich, chocolaty flavor and their fun, chewy texture.
Here are some fun twists you can make:
- Roll the dough in toasted nuts or shredded coconut for added crunch
- Add some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for a cozy flavor
- Mix in some dried fruit like cranberries or cherries for a fruity twist
- Swap the chocolate with a melted peanut butter or white chocolate
Pro tip: Make sure to keep the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator or freezer before dipping them in chocolate to ensure they hold their shape. Enjoy!
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
Who can say no to a delicious slice of chocolate chip loaf cake?
My family and I love this classic dessert.
To make it even more unique and flavorful, you can try adding in some of the following twists:
- Mix in some peanut butter chips
- Add a layer of caramel before baking
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt
- Top with a scoop of ice cream for the perfect balance of sweet and salty
Pro tip: If you have leftovers, wrap the loaf cake in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy a slice any time you’re craving something sweet!
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Sometimes the classic desserts are the best, and that’s definitely the case with strawberry shortcake!
It’s a classic for a reason – it’s an easy, delicious, and beautiful dessert that anyone can make.
Here are some fun ways to switch it up for the next time you make it:
- Instead of a biscuit or cake base, try using a cookie crust.
- Add a layer of cream cheese to the top of the cake for a creamier, tangier flavor.
- Get creative with the cake – try a lemon or almond cake for a different flavor.
- Swap out the strawberries for other seasonal fruits such as blueberries or raspberries.
- Drizzle a bit of melted white chocolate over the top for a sweet touch.
Pro Tip: Make sure to give the strawberries a little sugar and let them sit for a few minutes before adding them to the cake. This helps bring out their natural sweetness and ensures they stay juicy and flavorful!
12. Chocolate Chip Cookies
There’s nothing like a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven!
Whether you’re a fan of classic chocolate chip cookies or looking for something a bit more creative, this timeless treat has so many possibilities.
Here are some ideas for ways to take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level:
- Add chopped nuts or dried fruit for extra texture
- Mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon for a hint of spicy sweetness
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate, peanut butter chips, or even colorful M&Ms
- Experiment with different types of sugars, like brown sugar or coconut sugar
Pro Tip: Make sure to use real butter for the best flavor and texture. Enjoy!
13. Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Ah, banana bread. It’s a classic favorite that is sure to please any crowd.
This easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is a delightful twist that takes the traditional banana bread to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Here are some creative twists to make it even better:
- Try replacing the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon for a warm, flavorful touch
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top before baking
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate over the top for a decadent finish
Pro tip: If you like your banana bread extra moist, try adding a little extra mashed banana to the recipe. Enjoy!
14. Easy Flan
To those who love a rich, creamy dessert, flan is a must-try!
This classic Spanish dish is a perfect balance of sweet egg custard and caramelized sugar.
Plus, you can easily put your own spin on it with these creative twists:
- Add a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor
- Top with fresh seasonal fruit for a pop of color
- Try using a flavored syrup like hazelnut or salted caramel
Pro tip: If you don’t have a flan mold, you can use a 9-inch round cake pan!
Cheesecake comes in many shapes and sizes, but it’s always delicious!
Whether you’re a fan of classic New York-style or something a bit more experimental, there are loads of ways you can enjoy this classic dessert.
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Top with marshmallow fluff and graham crackers to make a decadent s’mores cheesecake
- Add a swirl of peanut butter or Nutella for a chocolate-hazelnut twist
- Try a savory version with crumbled bacon and thyme
- Top with a fruity compote to make a light and refreshing cheesecake
Pro Tip: To make a cheesecake that’s extra light and creamy, make sure to beat your cream cheese and mix-ins until they’re completely smooth before baking. Enjoy!
15 Easy Desserts that Go with Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Fruit Pizza
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Easy Flan
- Pick your favorite dessert from this list to serve after your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!