If you’re not sure what dessert goes with nachos, don’t worry!
There are plenty of delicious options to choose from.
Whether you want something fruity, chocolatey, or even a little bit savory, there’s definitely a nacho dessert out there for you.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing 11 of my favorite desserts that go perfectly with nachos.
So if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite Mexican dish, then be sure to check out these recipes!
1. Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is something most people enjoy, but often don’t think to make at home.
This recipe is easy and delicious, and it’s a great way to use up carrots that you might have lying around.
The cream cheese frosting is my favorite part – it’s so rich and flavorful.
- If you want a really moist cake, add a little bit of pineapple juice to the batter.
- For an extra touch of flavor, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the frosting.
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-made frosting from the store.
Brownies are known for being super fudgy and chocolatey, and this recipe is no different.
The best part is that they come together in just ONE BOWL, so there’s minimal cleanup afterwards.
I like to add a little bit of espresso powder to my brownies for an extra depth of flavor, but feel free to leave it out if you’re not a coffee fan.
- If you want super fudgy brownies, make sure not to overbake them. The center should still be slightly jiggly when you take them out of the oven.
- For an extra chocolatey punch, top your brownies with chocolate chips or chopped chocolate before baking.
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
If simplicity is what you’re looking for in a dessert, this is the perfect recipe for you.
It only requires a few ingredients, and takes less than 5 minutes to make!
This mousse is rich and chocolatey, and can be easily dressed up with some whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Pro Tip: Be sure to use good quality chocolate for this recipe. I like to use bittersweet chocolate with 60% cacao.
4. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
If you have some leftover oatmeal and want to make a quick and easy dessert, these chocolate oatmeal bars are for you!
They only require a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and they come together in just a few minutes.
These bars are rich and chocolatey, with a little bit of crunch from the oats.
- If you want a little extra crunch in your bars, you can add some chopped nuts or seeds.
- If you’re not a fan of chocolate, you can swap out the cocoa powder for another flavor of powder (like matcha or turmeric).
- These bars can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
I love blueberries (regardless of whether they’re in season or not), so I was really excited to find this recipe.
These crumble bars have a buttery, flaky crust and are packed with fresh blueberries.
They’re perfect for a summer dessert, but can easily be made year-round with frozen berries.
- If you want an extra crispy crust, add an extra 1/4 cup of flour to the dough.
- Be sure to use cold butter when making the dough – this will help create those nice, flaky layers.
- When measuring the blueberries, don’t pack them into the measuring cup. This will result in too much fruit and make the bars overly moist.
6. Italian Tiramisu
If you’re looking to impress your family or friends with a dessert that looks as good as it tastes, look no further than tiramisu.
This Italian classic is made with layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cream, and cocoa powder.
Tiramisu can be made in advance, which makes it perfect for entertaining.
- For the coffee, I like to use espresso because it has a strong flavor that really comes through in the final dish. However, you can use regular coffee if that’s what you have on hand. Just make sure to brew it extra strong so that it will be flavorful enough to stand up to the other ingredients.
- When adding the mascarpone cream to the ladyfingers, be sure to use a light hand so that the cookies don’t get too soggy.
- Cocoa powder can be tricky to work with because it can easily become clumpy. To avoid this, sift the cocoa powder before sprinkling it over the tiramisu.
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
Lemony and sweet, this quick bread is perfect for satisfying your dessert cravings.
The blueberries add a lovely pop of color and sweetness, while the lemon zest gives it a tart kick.
It’s delicious on its own, or even better with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries – if using frozen, no need to thaw first. Just toss them in as is.
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- This bread freezes well too – just slice and wrap individual pieces in plastic wrap before freezing.
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe.
If you use frozen, just be sure to thaw them out first so they don’t make the blondies too soggy.
I like to add a little bit of lemon zest to the batter for an extra zing, but that’s totally optional.
These blondies are delicious on their own, or with a scoop of ice cream and some hot fudge sauce.
- If you want a really lemony flavor, add some lemon juice to the batter along with the zest.
- For a fun twist, try using blueberries instead of strawberries.
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
These little balls of cookie dough are seriously delicious, and so easy to make!
You only need a few ingredients, and they’re no bake so you don’t have to heat up your kitchen.
I like to dip mine in chocolate, but you could also roll them in sprinkles or crushed nuts.
- If your cookie dough is too sticky to work with, add a little bit more flour until it’s the right consistency.
- If you want an extra chocolatey treat, melt some chocolate chips and drizzle them over the top of the balls.
- These are best stored in the fridge or freezer so that the cookie dough doesn’t get too soft.
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
I love a good loaf cake – they’re so easy to make and always a hit with my family.
This chocolate chip loaf cake is extra moist and packed with flavor.
I like to serve it with a little bit of whipped cream or ice cream on the side.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before you start baking – this will help your cake mix together more easily.
- Preheat your oven before you begin mixing your ingredients – this will help your cake bake evenly.
- When measuring out your flour, be careful not to pack it into the measuring cup – this will result in a denser cake.
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
You can never go wrong with classic strawberry shortcake.
This dish is light, airy, and bursting with flavor.
I like to use fresh strawberries when they’re in season, but you can absolutely use frozen strawberries as well.
And if you’re feeling extra indulgent, top it off with some whipped cream or ice cream.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream
11 Delicious Desserts that Go with Nachos
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Pick any of these desserts to serve after your nachos.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recie.
- Enjoy in no time!