If you’re trying to figure out what meat to serve with white rice, look no further!
I’ve got 10 delicious options for you to choose from.
And trust me, your family and friends will be impressed.
So go ahead and give one (or all) of these a try!
What Meat Goes Good with White Rice?
The best kinds of meat to pair with white rice are those that are light and lean, such as chicken, fish, and shellfish. These meats will not overwhelm the rice and will allow the natural flavors of the dish to shine through.
Before you start cooking, there are a few things you should keep in mind when pairing meat with white rice.
- Your Personal Preferences: First and foremost, you should consider your own personal preferences. Do you like your rice to be fluffy or sticky? Do you prefer it plain or flavored? What kind of meat do you want to pair it with? Asking yourself these questions will help you decide what type of white rice to use and how to cook it.
- The Type of Rice: There are many different types of white rice, from long grain to short grain, basmati to jasmine. Each rice type has its unique flavor and texture, so it’s important to choose one that will complement the dish you’re making.
- The Method of Cooking: White rice can be cooked in many different ways, from boiling to steaming to frying. Again, each method will result in a different flavor and texture, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits the dish you’re making.
With that said, here are 10 kinds of meat that go well with white rice:
Ground beef needs no introduction; it’s a versatile and affordable meat that can be used in many different ways.
Whether you’re cooking it up into burgers or using it as a base for soups and stews, this protein-rich ingredient is perfect for any meal.
One of my favourites ways to enjoy ground beef is with white rice; the combination of the two textures and flavours is unbeatable.
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to make this pairing even more delicious, try adding some diced onion and garlic to the mix.
They’ll add extra flavour and moisture to your dish, making it taste even better than it already does!
Bacon basically makes any recipe better.
I love it on its own, but it’s also fantastic teamed up with white rice.
Here are a few recipes that are perfect for pairing bacon and rice: Bacon-Wrapped Dates and Rice, Garlic Fried Bacon and Rice, and Spicy Bacon White Rice Bowls.
Any way you make it, bacon is the perfect partner for white rice!
Chicken is the most popular meat in the world, and for good reason.
It’s easy to cook, it tastes great, and it’s versatile.
When cooking chicken with white rice, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, make sure your chicken is cooked through – this means that the inside of the chicken is cooked through but the outside is still pink.
- Second, don’t overcook the rice – it should be slightly al dente so that it retains a bit of its starch.
- Finally, add some flavor – either with spices like garlic or herbs like rosemary or thyme.
These three tips will help make cooking chicken with white rice a breeze.
Pro Tip: If you’re looking for an easy way to prepare chicken without having to dirty any dishes, try using a slow cooker.
Simply place the chicken in the slow cooker, add some water or chicken broth, and set it to cook on low for 6-8 hours.
When the chicken is cooked through, shred it with a fork and add it to your rice.
Fish is super versatile and goes well with all sorts of flavors and ingredients.
When it comes to white rice, I love pairing it with a simple grilled or baked fish.
Season the fish with some lemon juice, salt and pepper, and you’ve got a delicious and healthy meal.
Another great option is to make a quick fish curry.
Just sauté some onions, add in a jar of your favorite curry sauce, and throw in the fish.
Let it simmer until the fish is cooked through, and serve over steamed white rice.
Pro Tip: If you’re using frozen fish, be sure to thaw it completely before cooking.
Otherwise, it will release too much water and make your dish mushy.
If you like seafood, then you’ll love this combination.
White rice is the perfect canvas for highlighting the delicate taste of shellfish.
Whether you’re making a simple shrimp stir-fry or an elaborate seafood paella, this pairing is sure to please.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor, try cooking your rice in chicken or seafood broth instead of water.
Whether you prefer smoked sausage, chorizo, kielbasa or bratwurst, sausage is a type of meat that goes excellently with white rice.
- One way to make this combination work is to cook the sausage in a pan with some onions and peppers, then add pre-cooked white rice to the pan and stir everything together.
- Another way is to simmer the sausage in a tomato sauce, then serve over a bed of cooked white rice.
Pro Tip: If you’re using smoked sausage, try grilling it before adding it to your dish for an extra smoky flavor.
Ham comes in many different forms – smoked, cured, baked, etc. – so there are many different ways to enjoy it.
It’s a great source of protein and goes well with white rice.
One of my favourite ways to eat ham is with some sautéed veggies and a fried egg on top.
Another easy way to enjoy it is to add it to a soup or stew.
Pro Tip: When buying ham, look for one that is labelled “uncured” or “nitrate-free.”
These hams have been processed without the use of harmful chemicals.
Lamb is super popular in Middle Eastern cuisine, and for good reason – it pairs so well with rice!
- One of my favourite ways to enjoy this combination is by making kofta kebabs. Koftas are essentially meatballs, and they can be made with lamb, beef, chicken or turkey.
- Another delicious way to enjoy lamb and rice is by making a dill-infused rice pilaf. Simply sauté some chopped onion in olive oil, add in your rice and some stock, then stir in some chopped fresh dill before serving.
Pro Tip: When cooking white rice, be sure to rinse it thoroughly before adding it to your pot.
This will help remove any excess starch from the surface of the grains, resulting in fluffy, light rice.
Pork is pretty cheap and easy to find, making it a great option for weeknight dinners.
It also pairs well with white rice, which is another inexpensive and easily accessible ingredient.
You can make a simple pork and rice dish by stir-frying some pork with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
Or, for something a little heartier, try this recipe for pork Fried Rice.
Pro Tip: When cooking rice on the stovetop, be sure to rinse it before adding it to the pot.
This will help remove any excess starch from the grains, resulting in lighter and fluffier rice.
Lastly, you can’t go wrong with steak and white rice.
This classic combo is hearty and filling, and there are endless ways to make it your own.
- Season your steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then throw it on the grill or in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook your rice according to package directions, then add in some butter, chicken broth, and sauteed onions for extra flavor.
- Serve your steak on top of the rice and enjoy!
Pro Tip: When cooking steak, make sure to let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into it.
This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful steak.
What Meat Goes Good with White Rice? (10 Kinds of Meat)
- Ground Beef
- Pick your favorite type of meat from this list to serve with your white rice.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Enjoy in no time!