Figuring out what sauce goes best with black bean pasta can be tough.
But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Here are 10 sauces that go great with black bean pasta.
From classic tomato sauce to creamy Alfredo, there’s something for everyone.
What Sauce Goes with Black Bean Pasta?
Some of the best sauces to pair with black bean pasta include Alfredo sauce, tomato sauce, pesto sauce, and olive oil. You can also try a simple garlic butter sauce, or a more complex sauce like carbonara.
When choosing what kind of sauce to pair with your black bean pasta, there are two things you should consider:
- The Other Ingredients In Your Dish: If you’re adding additional ingredients to your dish like vegetables or protein, you’ll want to choose a sauce that will complement them. For example, if you’re adding chicken to your black bean pasta, you might want to choose a Alfredo sauce or a pesto sauce.
- Your Personal Preferences: Of course, the most important thing to consider when choosing a sauce for your black bean pasta is what YOU like! If you’re not sure where to start, why not try making your own sauce? This way you can tailor it specifically to your taste buds.
With that said, here are 10 sauces that go with black bean pasta:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Thick and creamy, with a cheesy flavor, Alfredo sauce is a classic pasta sauce that pairs well with black bean pasta.
This rich and flavorful sauce is made with butter, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
It’s simple to make and can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
- To make Alfredo sauce, start by melting butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Then add garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Next, add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once the cream has simmered for a few minutes, add Parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over black bean pasta for a delicious and easy meal.
Pro Tip: If you want a thinner sauce, you can add some milk to it when you’re whisking in the Parmesan cheese.
2. Tomato Sauce
Tomato sauce is just a classic – it goes with everything.
I like to keep a jar of tomato sauce in my pantry at all times, because you never know when you’ll need it.
Black bean pasta is no exception – tomato sauce is the perfect complement to the earthy flavor of black beans.
And, it’s just so easy to make!
All you need is some canned tomatoes, garlic, and a few other ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Pro Tip: If you want a really smooth tomato sauce, blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor before cooking them.
3. Pesto Sauce
Basil pesto is my favorite, but there are all sorts of pesto sauces you could make that would be great with black bean pasta.
I’ve tried spinach pesto, arugula pesto, and even kale pesto.
All of them were delicious! If you want to try something a little different, you could even make a roasted red pepper pesto or a sun-dried tomato pesto.
The sky’s the limit!
Pro Tip: If you’re using store-bought pesto, add a little bit of olive oil to thin it out before tossing it with your pasta.
This will help it coat the noodles better and prevent it from clumping up.
4. Basic Cheese Sauce
If you’re a cheese lover like most people, you’re going to want a cheese sauce on your black bean pasta.
And while there are many different ways to make a cheese sauce, I find that the most basic recipe is usually the best.
All you need is some butter, flour, milk, and of course, lots of cheese!
You can use any type of cheese you like, but I find that cheddar or Gruyere work best.
Just be sure to shred or chop the cheese into small pieces so it melts evenly into the sauce.
Pro Tip: If you want a really rich and creamy sauce, use half milk and half cream.
5. Garlic Butter Sauce
This easy garlic butter sauce recipe is fast and flavorful, and it’s the perfect way to dress up a simple plate of pasta.
The sauce comes together in just a few minutes with just a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
And it’s so versatile!
You can use it on any type of pasta, or even use it as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or garlic bread.
- To make the sauce, start by melting butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Then add garlic and cook for just a minute, until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then whisk in some flour to thicken the sauce.
- Finally, add milk and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring until it thickens.
- Serve the sauce over cooked pasta and enjoy.
Pro Tip: This sauce is also great with shrimp or chicken added in.
Just cook the shrimp or chicken in the sauce along with the garlic for a few minutes until they’re cooked through.
6. Quick Parmesan Cream Sauce
Thick, rich, and creamy, your plate of black bean pasta will be happy to have this quick parmesan cream sauce as its partner.
The sauce comes together in just a few minutes and can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
And since it’s made with pantry staples like Parmesan cheese and heavy cream, you probably already have everything you need on hand.
- To make the sauce, simply combine Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce over cooked black bean pasta and enjoy.
Pro Tip: This sauce is also great on grilled chicken or fish, roasted vegetables, or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or crudités.
7. Bolognese Sauce
Bolognese sauce is heavenly and versatile, and goes great with black bean pasta.
It’s a rich, meaty sauce that’s perfect for a winter night.
The best part about Bolognese is that it can be made ahead of time and reheated, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Pro Tip: To make the sauce even richer, add a splash of red wine when you reheat it.
8. Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
A creamy sauce built around sun-dried tomatoes – what could be better?
This flavorful sauce is the perfect addition to black bean pasta, and can also be used as a dip or spread.
The sun-dried tomatoes add a rich, umami flavor that pairs perfectly with the beans.
And the best part is that it’s easy to make!
Pro Tip: If you want a smoother sauce, blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender before adding it to your pasta.
9. Marinara Sauce
San Marzano tomatoes cooked with onion, garlic, oregano, basil, balsamic vinegar and butter – yeah, that’s pretty much it.
And that’s all you need for the best marinara sauce ever.
This particular combination of ingredients creates a depth of flavor that is perfect for black bean pasta.
The acidity from the tomatoes and vinegar cuts through the richness of the beans, while the herbs bring out their natural sweetness.
The butter rounds it all out and makes it silky smooth.
Pro Tip: If you want a truly authentic Italian experience, make sure to use San Marzano tomatoes.
They’re worth the extra effort!
10. 5-Minute Chili Garlic Sauce
If you’re short on time but still want to make a delicious and healthy meal, black bean pasta with chili garlic sauce is the way to go.
This dish is packed with protein and fiber, and the chili garlic sauce is easy to make in just a few minutes.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover pasta you have in your fridge.
- To make the sauce, simply combine chili paste, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, and water in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Then pour it over your cooked black bean pasta and enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you want a little extra flavor in your sauce, add a squeeze of lime juice or some chopped cilantro before serving.
What Sauce Goes with Black Bean Pasta? (10 Easy Sauces)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Basic Cheese Sauce
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Quick Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
- Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- 5-Minute Chili Garlic Sauce
- Pick any sauce from this list to use with your black bean pasta dish!
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time…