If you’ve been wondering what sauce to serve with your pork loin steaks, never fear!
I’ve got 13 delicious options for you to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for something fruity, savory, or even a little bit spicy, there’s sure to be a sauce on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all) of these a try!
What Sauce Goes with Pork Loin Steaks?
The best sauces to serve with pork loin steaks are apple sauce, BBQ sauce, and honey mustard sauce. For a more savory option, try gravy made from the pan drippings. If you want something lighter, go for a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil and vinegar.
If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a dry pork loin steak.
But if you’re not careful, that’s exactly what you’ll end up with.
Here are three things to consider when choosing a sauce for your pork loin steaks:
- The Cut of Pork Loin Steak: Pork loin steaks can be cut from different parts of the pig, and each part will have a different fat content. That fat is what’s going to keep your steak moist, so you want to make sure you choose a cut with enough fat. Otherwise, your steak will be dry and tough.
- The Thickness of Your Steak: Thicker steaks need longer cooking times, which can cause the sauce to burn. If you’re using a thick steak, look for a sauce that can withstand longer cooking times without burning.
- The Flavor of the Sauce: The flavor of the sauce should complement the flavor of the pork, not overwhelm it. A good rule of thumb is to use a milder sauce for leaner cuts of pork and a more robust sauce for fattier cuts.
With that said, here are 13 of the best sauces for pork loin steaks:
1. Apple Sauce
As you probably know, apple sauce and pork go really well together.
But, did you know that there are a few ways you can add even more flavor to this delicious combination?
Here are three ideas:
- Add some spice: A little bit of cayenne pepper or ground ginger will add a nice zing to your apple sauce.
- Get savory: Try adding a teaspoon or two of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or even just some extra salt and pepper.
- Make it fruity: Toss in some chopped up dried apricots, raisins, or even fresh berries.
2. BBQ Sauce
BBQ sauce can be tailored exactly to your liking.
It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be, and it can be used on any number of different meats.
But pork loin steaks are a great option to try it out with.
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your BBQ sauce:
- Use fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, or parsley all work well
- Use garlic: minced, roasted, or even powdered
- Use onion: white, yellow, or red onions all work well
3. Honey Mustard Sauce
You can’t go wrong with a honey mustard sauce on pork loin steaks.
Here are a few ways to add more flavor to it:
- Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for an extra zing
- Stir in some chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
- For a bit of heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper
4. Brown Gravy
How about a thick, rich brown gravy to go with your pork loin steak?
Related: What Gravy Goes with Pork Loin?
This classic sauce is easy to make and can be made even more flavorful with a few simple additions.
- For a deeper, more robust flavor, try adding some chopped mushrooms or onions to the gravy.
- If you want a bit of sweetness to offset the savoriness of the gravy, add a touch of honey or brown sugar.
- Finally, for an extra zingy kick, add in a splash of Worcestershire sauce or apple cider vinegar.
The zingy flavor of a vinaigrette is the perfect finishing touch for pork loin steaks.
Here are three ways to take your sauce to the next level:
- Add some chopped herbs, like parsley or thyme, for extra flavor.
- Stir in a spoonful of Dijon mustard for a bit of tanginess.
- Give it a little sweetness with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
6. Cranberry Sauce
Known for being a holiday favorite, cranberry sauce is a great option for pork loin steaks.
While it may seem like an odd pairing, the sweetness of the sauce complements the savory flavor of the pork.
Here are three ways to add more flavor to your cranberry sauce:
- Add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the sauce for a tangy kick
- Stir in a cup of finely chopped onion for a savory element
- Add a teaspoon of ground ginger for a bit of spice
7. Plum Sauce
Fresh plums, soy sauce and Asian spices make a delicious glaze for pork.
Here are three ways to add even more flavor to your dish:
- Add a touch of heat with some diced chili peppers or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- For a sweeter sauce, add a tablespoon of honey or brown sugar.
- Balance out the flavors with a splash of rice vinegar or freshly squeezed lime juice.
8. Apricot Jam
Sure, this technically isn’t a sauce.
But apricot jam is a fantastic glaze for pork loin steaks.
Here are three ways to add even more flavor to your dish:
- Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard to the jam before glazing the pork. This will give the dish a lovely tang.
- If you’re a fan of spice, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the jam. The sweetness of the apricot will balance out the heat nicely.
- For an extra boost of flavor, try using an apricot preserves that contain whole fruit pieces. The bits of fruit will add texture and flavor to the dish.
9. Hoisin Sauce
Make your own homemade keto hoisin sauce and serve it with pork loin steaks for a delicious, healthy, and low-carb meal!
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your hoisin sauce:
- Add some Sriracha sauce to give it a little bit of heat.
- Mix in some chopped green onions for a bit of sweetness and crunch.
- Stir in a spoonful of honey for an extra touch of sweetness.
10. Sweet and Sour Sauce
This family-friendly sauce is perfect for pork loin steaks.
It is also delicious on chicken or fish.
- To add more depth of flavor, try adding a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce to the recipe.
- For a bit of spice, add in a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- If you want a sweeter sauce, add an extra tablespoon of brown sugar.
11. Teriyaki Sauce
This easy teriyaki sauce recipe is made with only healthy pantry staples and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up!
Serve it with pork loin steaks for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
- To add more depth of flavor, try adding a splash of soy sauce or fish sauce.
- For a bit of heat, add in some freshly grated ginger or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- To balance out the sweetness, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice or rice vinegar.
12. Soy Sauce
Soy sauce is salty, umami, and a little sweet, making it the perfect all-purpose sauce.
- To add more depth of flavor, cook the pork in the soy sauce before adding other ingredients.
- For a sweeter sauce, add honey or brown sugar to the soy sauce.
- For a spicier dish, add Sriracha or chili flakes to taste.
13. Hot Sauce
Why not add some heat to your pork loin steaks with a hot sauce?
Hot sauce is an easy way to add some flavor to your dish.
Here are three ways you can add more flavor to your hot sauce:
- Use fresh ingredients: When making your hot sauce, use fresh chili peppers, garlic, and onion for the best flavor.
- Add other spices: Other spices such as cumin, smoked paprika, or oregano can enhance the flavor of your hot sauce.
- Let it simmer: Allowing your hot sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes will help develop the flavors.
What Sauce Goes with Pork Loin Steaks? (13 Best Sauces)
- Apple Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Brown Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Apricot Jam
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your pork loin steaks.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!