If you’ve been wondering what gravy goes with pork loin, I have good news for you: the options are endless!
Whether you’re looking for a traditional option or something a little more experimental, there’s sure to be a gravy on this list that will suit your taste.
So, without further ado, here are my top 9 picks.
What Gravy Goes with Pork Loin?
The best gravy to serve with pork loin is a classic apple cider gravy. This dish is also delicious with a savory mushroom gravy, or a sweet and tangy cranberry sauce.
I take pride in my gravy-making skills, and I’m always looking for new recipes to try.
Here are three things to consider when choosing a gravy for your pork loin:
- The Cut of Pork: The cut of pork you’re using will affect the type of gravy you want to make. If you’re making a pork roast, you’ll want a thicker gravy to coat the meat. If you’re making pork chops, a thinner gravy will complement the meat nicely.
- The Seasoning: The seasoning of your gravy should complement the seasoning of your pork. If your pork is well-seasoned, you may want a milder gravy so as not to overpower the meat. Conversely, if your pork is lightly seasoned, you may want a more robustly flavored gravy.
- Your Personal Preferences: Of course, the most important thing to consider when choosing a gravy for your pork loin is your personal preferences! Do you like your gravies thick or thin? Mild or flavorful? With or without chunks? Choose a recipe that sounds delicious to you and that you think will pair well with your pork dish.
With that said, here are 9 delicious gravies that go great with pork loin:
1. Cider And Sage Gravy
This easy no-drippings gravy is made for cozy fall dinners, and it’s delicious with pork loin.
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your gravy:
- Use apple cider instead of chicken stock for a richer flavor.
- Add some chopped fresh sage leaves for a woodsy, herbal flavor.
- For a bit of sweetness and acidity, stir in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before serving.
2. Brown Gravy
You can easily make this recipe in just 10 minutes with NO drippings required!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 cups beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1 tablespoon of the oil or butter.
- Pour into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth or chicken broth and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately with pork loin or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
3. Mushroom Gravy
This mushroom gravy is the ultimate recipe for pork loin.
- To add more depth of flavor, sauté the mushrooms in bacon fat before adding them to the gravy.
- For a richer gravy, substitute beef broth for some of the chicken broth.
- To give the gravy a smoky flavor, add a teaspoon or two of smoked paprika.
4. Onion Gravy
This gluten-free version of onion gravy is delicious and easy to make!
- For more depth of flavor, try roasting the onions before adding them to the pan. This will give them a lovely caramelized flavor that takes this gravy to the next level.
- If you want a bit of heat, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper to the gravy. This will give it a nice little kick without being too overwhelming.
- For an extra touch of richness, stir in some cream at the end. This is completely optional, but it does make the gravy even more decadent.
5. White Wine and Herb Gravy
If you’ve got some pork loin that you’re looking to serve up, why not try it with a white wine and herb gravy?
This gravy is simple to make and can really take your dish to the next level.
Here are 3 ways you can add even more flavor to it:
- Use chicken or beef stock instead of water for a richer flavor
- Add some chopped garlic or onion for extra depth
- Use a dry white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc for added acidity
6. Red Wine Onion Gravy
This gravy is so gorgeously rich and packed full of flavor, it’ll make your pork loin sing!
- To really bring out the flavors in this gravy, start by caramelizing your onions. This will take a bit of time, but it’s worth it!
- Once the onions are nicely caramelized, deglaze the pan with some red wine. You can use any type of red wine you like, but a full-bodied wine will give the gravy more depth of flavor.
- Finally, add in some beef or chicken stock to round out the gravy and thicken it up. You could also use pork stock if you have it on hand.
For an extra boost of flavor, try adding in some fresh thyme or rosemary.
7. Bourbon and Cider Pan Gravy
This gravy recipe works with or without pan drippings, so it’s perfect if you want to make it ahead of time.
The gravy gets its flavor from a combination of apple cider, chicken stock, and bourbon whiskey.
Here are three ways you can add more flavor to this dish:
- Use pork stock in place of the chicken stock for a more intense flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the gravy for a touch of acidity and brightness.
- Stir in some chopped fresh sage leaves along with the other herbs for an earthy flavor.
8. Red Onion Gravy
Why not try to take your gravy to the next level by enriching its flavor with caramelised onion and apple cider vinegar?
- To caramelise the onions, simply fry them over a low heat until they turn a deep golden brown. This will take around 20 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar towards the end of cooking, just before you add the stock.
- Use pork or beef stock for extra depth of flavor.
9. Creamy Peppered White Gravy
This gravy is ultra creamy, and speckled with plenty of black pepper for a bit of heat.
It’s delicious on pork loin, and here are three ways to add even more flavor:
- Add some chopped bacon to the gravy for a smoky twist
- Stir in some shredded cheddar cheese for a cheesy kick
- Mix in a tablespoon or two of your favorite BBQ sauce for a touch of sweetness
What Gravy Goes with Pork Loin? (9 Best Gravies)
- Cider And Sage Gravy
- Brown Gravy
- Mushroom Gravy
- Onion Gravy
- White Wine and Herb Gravy
- Red Wine Onion Gravy
- Bourbon and Cider Pan Gravy
- Red Onion Gravy
- Creamy Peppered White Gravy
- Pick your favorite gravy from this list to serve with your pork loin.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!