Wondering what to serve with salmon patties?
Salmon patties are a delicious and easy weeknight meal.
They are packed with flavor and can be made in under 30 minutes.
But what do you serve with salmon patties?
Salmon patties are often served with rice and vegetables. A simple green salad or roasted potatoes would also be a good option. If you’re looking for a lighter meal, serve the salmon patties with a side of fruit.
I’m sharing 12 of the best side dishes for salmon patties including roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, salads, and more.
So next time you are wondering what to make for dinner, give salmon patties a try!
What to Serve with Salmon Patties?
Sides that go well with salmon patties include roasted potatoes, a simple salad, grilled vegetables, or rice. If you want to get creative, you could also try serving them with a dipping sauce on the side.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 12 side dishes that go with salmon patties:
1. Roasted Red Potatoes
Personally, I think roasted red potatoes are the perfect side dish to salmon patties.
They’re easy to make, and you can add whatever herbs or spices you want to them.
I usually just stick with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but you could also add things like rosemary or thyme.
If you wanted to get a little fancy, you could even toss the potatoes in some olive oil and white wine before roasting.
The key to making good roasted red potatoes is to cut them into even pieces so they cook evenly.
I like to cut them into quarters, but you could also do smaller or larger pieces depending on how big your potatoes are.
Another important tip is not to overcrowd the pan.
You want there to be enough space between the potatoes so they can get nice and crispy on the outside.
2. Homemade Biscuits
You don’t have to be a big-time baker to make delicious, flaky biscuits at home.
And, bonus, they’re the perfect side dish to salmon patties.
I like to add a little bit of dill and lemon juice to my biscuit dough for a subtle flavor that complements the salmon perfectly.
Here’s my go-to recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (I like to use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add cold butter pieces and use a pastry blender or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, and dill weed until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Use a spoon or your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/2-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gather the scraps, roll out again, and cut out more biscuits until all the dough is used.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, if desired. Enjoy!
This one is pretty easy, and you can’t go wrong.
Coleslaw is a great side dish to serve with salmon patties, and it’s my personal favorite way to eat them.
There are a few things to keep in mind when serving coleslaw as a side dish, though:
- First, make sure that the coleslaw is cold – this will help to offset the richness of the salmon patties and make for a more refreshing bite.
- Second, if you’re using store-bought coleslaw mix, be sure to add some extra diced vegetables (I like red pepper and onion) to give it some extra flavor and texture.
- Finally, don’t forget the dressing! A simple vinaigrette is all you need, but feel free to get creative – I’ve been known to add a bit of dill or horseradish to mine.
4. Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
These look fancy, but they’re really just small cornbreads with a little extra oomph.
The jalapeño cheddar corn muffins have a nice sharpness from the cheddar cheese, and just enough heat from the diced jalapeños to give them some zing.
They’re perfect for sopping up any extra sauce from the salmon patties, and they’re also great on their own as a snack.
Here are a few tips for making these corn muffins:
- Use fresh grated cheddar cheese for the best flavor.
- If you want more heat, leave the seeds in when you dice the jalapeños. If you want less heat, remove the seeds.
- These corn muffins are best served warm, straight out of the oven.
5. Cucumber Tomato Salad
What can be easier or more refreshing than a cucumber tomato salad to serve as a side dish with your salmon patties?
This simple salad is perfect for those warm summer days or any time you want a light and healthy side dish.
Cucumber tomato salad is also very versatile and can be made with different herbs, spices, and dressings to suit your taste.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving cucumber tomato salad:
- Use fresh ingredients: Tomatoes that are ripe and in season will have the best flavor. Look for firm, shiny cucumbers. If using an herb like basil, use fresh leaves for the best flavor.
- Season to taste: Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste. You may also want to add a dressing or vinegar to give the salad some acidity.
- Serve chilled: Cucumber tomato salad is best when served cold or at least at room temperature. So make sure to chill the salad before serving, especially on hot days!
6. Crisp Smashed Potatoes
If you want something crispy, salty, and delicious to go alongside your salmon patties, try making some smashed potatoes.
- To make them, start by boiling some small Yukon gold potatoes until they are fork-tender.
- Once they are done, drain them and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Then, using the bottom of a glass or a potato masher, gently smash each potato. Be careful not to mash them too much or they will fall apart.
- Once they are all smashed, heat up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and let them cook until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Sprinkle with some salt and serve hot!
7. Oven-Roasted Asparagus
It’s time to turn on the oven and roast up some asparagus to go with those salmon patties!
This is a great side dish because it’s healthy, flavorful, and easy to make.
Here are my three tips for making the perfect oven-roasted asparagus:
- Preheat your oven before you start prepping the asparagus. This will help ensure that your asparagus cooks evenly.
- Cut the asparagus into uniform pieces so that they all cook at the same rate.
- Be sure to season the asparagus well before putting it in the oven. I like to use a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roasting the asparagus only takes about 10-15 minutes, so it’s a great option if you’re short on time.
Simply place the asparagus on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven until it’s tender and slightly browned around the edges.
Serve this delicious side dish alongside your salmon patties and enjoy!
8. Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll love my take on a side dish to go with salmon patties.
I like to glaze carrots with brown sugar, which gives them a lovely sweetness that pairs well with the savory salmon patties.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving this side dish:
- Be sure to evenly coat the carrots in the brown sugar glaze. This will help them cook evenly and also give them a nice, even flavor.
- If you’re short on time, you can easily prep this dish ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
- When served, I like to top my carrots with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a pop of color (and because it tastes great, too!).
9. Classic Macaroni Salad
I still remember the days when my mom would make salmon patties for dinner and serve them with a big, heaping scoop of macaroni salad on the side.
This classic dish is the perfect complement to any salmon patty, and it’s so easy to make!
Simply cook up some elbow macaroni noodles, mix in some diced celery, onion, and pickles (I like dill pickles), and add your favorite mayonnaise-based dressing.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, give it a good stir, and voila – you’ve got yourself a delicious side dish that will take your salmon patties to the next level.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect macaroni salad:
- Use elbow macaroni noodles – they hold up well in the salad and have a nice bite to them.
- Be generous with the diced celery, onion, and pickles – these add so much flavor and crunch to the salad.
- Use your favorite mayonnaise-based dressing – I like to use Miracle Whip, but you can use whatever you like best.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper – don’t be afraid to add a little extra seasoning to really make the flavors pop.
- Give it a good stir before serving – this will help to evenly distribute the ingredients and make sure that every bite is packed with flavor.
10. Spinach Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Feta
If you want something healthy and delicious to serve with your salmon patties, look no further than this spinach salad with apples, walnuts, and feta.
The sweetness of the apples pairs perfectly with the savory salmon patties, while the walnuts add a lovely crunch.
The feta ties everything together with its creamy goodness.
This salad is so easy to throw together, and you can easily make it ahead of time.
Simply chop up all the ingredients and store them in a container in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
When you’re ready to eat, simply toss everything together and enjoy!
11. Spanish Rice
Simple, tasty, and easy to prepare, Spanish rice is the perfect side dish to salmon patties.
My twist on this dish is to add in some sauteed onions and garlic for extra flavor.
This rice dish is also a great way to use up any leftover rice you may have.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving Spanish rice:
- Be sure to rinse the rice before cooking it, this will remove any excess starch and make for a fluffier final product.
- To get that classic yellow color, use turmeric powder or saffron threads when cooking the rice.
- For extra flavor, stir in some chopped fresh parsley or cilantro before serving.
12. Parmesan Orzo and Peas
I love the way parmesan orzo and peas taste together, and I think it makes for a great side dish to salmon patties.
The orzo pasta is light and has a delicate flavor, while the peas add a pop of color and sweetness.
I like to add a little bit of lemon juice to my parmesan orzo and peas to brighten up the flavors.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving this side dish:
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Add the peas during the last few minutes of cooking so they are nice and tender but still have some bite to them.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
What Sauce to Serve with Salmon Patties?
There are a few different types of sauces that go well with salmon patties. A simple sauce made with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill is always a good option. Another popular choice is a tartar sauce made with mayonnaise, diced pickles, and chopped onions. For a more bold flavor, try a Sriracha mayo sauce.
Click here to learn more about what sauce to serve with salmon patties.
What Wine Goes with Salmon Patties?
Pairing wine with salmon patties can be tricky because of the different ways in which the salmon can be prepared. For example, if the salmon is grilled, you might want to try a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay. If it’s smoked, a Riesling or Chenin Blanc would be a good choice.
Click here to learn more about what wine goes with salmon patties.
What Cheese Goes with Salmon Patties?
There are many types of cheese that can go well with salmon patties. A few examples include cheddar, cream cheese, feta, goat cheese, and Gruyere. For a unique twist, you could also try blue cheese or Gorgonzola.
Click here to learn more about what cheese goes with salmon patties.
What to Serve with Keto Salmon Patties?
Keto salmon patties are delicious on their own, but if you’re looking to pair them with something, we recommend a simple salad or roasted vegetables. For a heartier meal, serve them with mashed cauliflower or low-carbohydrate rice.
What Goes with Salmon Patties for Supper?
There are many things that go well with salmon patties for supper. Some popular choices include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, salad, and rice. For a more complete meal, you could also add a side of bread or rolls.
What Goes with Salmon Patties and Rice?
There are many delicious things that go well with salmon patties and rice. Some examples include roasted vegetables, a simple salad, or even just some plain old rice and beans. For a heartier meal, you could also add some grilled chicken or shrimp.
What Condiment Goes with Salmon Patties?
There are a few different condiments that go well with salmon patties. A popular choice is tartar sauce, but you could also try something like lemon juice, capers, or horseradish.
What to Serve with Salmon Patties? (12 Easy Sides)
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Homemade Biscuits
- Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Crisp Smashed Potatoes
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Spinach Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Feta
- Spanish Rice
- Parmesan Orzo and Peas
- Pick any of the side dishes from this list to serve with your salmon patties.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!