There are so many delicious cheeses out there, and it can be tough to know which one to choose when you are making salmon patties.
And knowing what goes well with salmon patties is tough enough.
But don’t worry, I’m here to help!
I’ve rounded up 8 of the best cheeses to serve with salmon patties.
Whether you are looking for a sharp cheese, a creamy cheese, or a melted cheese, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these cheeses a try the next time you make salmon patties!
See Also: what dessert goes with salmon?
What Cheese Goes with Salmon Patties?
Some great cheese options to pair with salmon patties are a nice sharp cheddar, Gruyere, gouda, or even cream cheese. For a more adventurous option, try a blue cheese or goat cheese.
Still looking for ideas?
I love trying new cheeses, and I think that one of the best ways to do so is by serving them with salmon patties.
Not only does this give you a chance to taste the cheese on its own, but it also allows you to see how it pairs with the salmon.
There are so many different types of cheeses out there, and each one has its own unique flavor.
So, why not try one of these 8 kinds of cheese the next time you make salmon patties?
1. Sharp Cheddar
A sharp cheddar tends to have a bite (often an acidic zing) to it that can really complement the flavors in a salmon patty.
This cheese will also melt really well, so it’s perfect for topping your patties with and then broiling them for a minute or two until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor to your salmon patties, consider mixing in some shredded sharp cheddar into the patty mixture before cooking.
Just be sure not to overdo it on the cheese, as too much can make the patties difficult to flip and can also cause them to fall apart.
Gruyère is known for its rich, creamy, salty flavor, which makes it the perfect cheese to top off your salmon patties.
Gruyère also melts really well, so you’ll get a nice cheesy crust on your salmon patties that will elevate them to a whole new level.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving Gruyère with your salmon patties:
- If you’re using fresh Gruyère, grate it yourself – pre-grated cheese doesn’t melt as well.
- Add the cheese to your patties when they’re nearly done cooking, so it has time to melt without burning.
- Serve immediately for optimal deliciousness!
Aged gouda has a rich, nutty, caramelly taste that works perfectly with salmon patties.
When choosing a gouda, look for one that has been aged for at least a year – the longer it’s aged, the more intense the flavor will be.
Gouda also melts beautifully, making it an ideal cheese to use for topping salmon patties.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving gouda with your salmon patties:
- If you’re using pre-made salmon patties, simply top each patty with a slice of gouda cheese and heat until the cheese is melted.
- For homemade salmon patties, mix shredded gouda into the patty mixture before cooking.
- Create a quick and easy dipping sauce by mixing together some gouda and sour cream. Serve alongside your salmon patties for an extra cheesy treat!
Speaking of sauce, don’t miss out on this post to learn what sauce goes with salmon patties.
4. Cream Cheese
Cream cheese is pretty mild in taste, which makes it a great cheese to serve with salmon patties.
It won’t overpower the taste of the salmon and will provide a creamy texture that works well with the flakiness of the fish.
When preparing cream cheese to serve with your salmon patties, there are a few things you can do to make it even more delicious.
- Try mixing in some chopped fresh herbs, like dill or parsley.
- You could also add in a bit of lemon juice or zest to brighten up the flavors.
- And if you want a bit of a crunch, mix in some chopped nuts or seeds.
5. Blue Cheese
If you’re feeling bold, try serving your salmon patties with blue cheese.
The sharp, salty flavor of the cheese will contrast well with the rich fish.
Here are a few tips for preparing and serving blue cheese with your salmon patties:
- Crumble the cheese into small pieces so that it melts easily and evenly.
- Add the cheese to your patties just before cooking, so it has time to melt without over-cooking the salmon.
- Serve immediately, while the cheese is still melted and gooey.
6. Goat Cheese
Goat cheese is unique in both its flavor and texture, making it a great cheese to serve with salmon patties.
This cheese has a tangy, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with the rich taste of salmon.
Goat cheese is also creamy and soft, making it easy to spread on top of your patties.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving goat cheese with your salmon patties:
- Allow the cheese to soften at room temperature before spreading on top of the patties. This will make it easier to spread and prevent the cheese from tearing the patty.
- Add some fresh herbs to the goat cheese for extra flavor. Chives, dill, and parsley all pair well with goat cheese and salmon.
- Grill or broil your salmon patties until they are cooked through before adding the goat cheese on top. The heat will help to melt the cheese slightly, making for a delicious and gooey topping.
The flavor of brie can be described as nutty and fruity, and it pairs really well with salmon patties.
When looking for a brie to serve with your salmon patties, you want to look for one that is soft and has a white rind.
You’ll also want to make sure that the brie is at room temperature before serving, as this will allow the cheese to reach its full potential in terms of flavor.
There are a few different ways that you can prepare the brie to serve with your salmon patties.
One way is to simply place a slice of brie on top of each patty, and another way is to mix diced brie into the patty mixture before cooking.
If you choose to dice the brie, be sure not to overdo it so that the cheese doesn’t overwhelm the other flavors in the patty.
Camembert is another great cheese to serve with salmon patties.
Here are three tips for preparing and serving this cheese with your patties:
- Cut the Camembert into small pieces so that it melts quickly and evenly.
- Place the Camembert on top of the salmon patties while they are still hot so that the cheese can start to melt.
- Serve immediately so that the cheese is melted and gooey.
What Cheese Goes with Salmon Patties? (8 Cheeses)
- Sharp Cheddar
- Cream Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Pick any of the cheeses from this list to serve with your patties.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Enjoy in no time!