Honey garlic chicken is a delicious, easy, and healthy weeknight meal.
But what vegetables go with honey garlic chicken?
In this article, I’m sharing my 15 favorite veggies and veggie sides to serve with honey garlic chicken.
These veggies are all quick and easy to cook, so they make the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight.
And they are all packed with flavor, so they complement the honey garlic chicken perfectly.
Whether you are looking for roasted veggies, sauteed veggies, or grilled veggies, I’ve got you covered.
So if you are wondering what veggies to serve with honey garlic chicken, then look no further!
What Vegetables Go with Honey Garlic Chicken?
You can serve many vegetables with honey garlic chicken. Some good choices include carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and corn. You can also add in some fruit for sweetness, such as pineapple or grapes. Finally, don’t forget the rice or noodles to complete the meal.
Still looking for ideas?
Here are 15 vegetables that go well with honey garlic chicken:
1. Brussels Sprouts
Ah, brussels sprouts.
One of my all-time favorite vegetables.
They’re so versatile and there are so many ways to cook them.
I love them roasted with a little bit of olive oil and garlic.
Or, if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll sauté them with some bacon and onions.
And, of course, they’re delicious simply steamed with a little bit of salt and pepper.
No matter how you cook them, brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for honey garlic chicken.
The sweetness of the honey garlic glaze pairs perfectly with the savory brussels sprouts.
And, if you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even add a little bit of the glaze to the sprouts while they’re cooking.
Trust me, it’s delicious.
2. Butternut Squash
There are many ways to turn butternut squash into a delicious side dish.
One option is to cut the squash into cubes, toss with olive oil and roasted in the oven at 400 degrees until tender.
Another is to cut the squash into thin strips, sauté in a tablespoon of butter until golden brown, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
My personal favorite way to enjoy butternut squash is to cut it into cubes, toss with olive oil and roasted in the oven at 400 degrees until tender.
Then, I add a touch of honey and a sprinkle of garlic powder before serving.
This dish is the perfect complement to honey garlic chicken and can be easily customized to suit your taste.
Carrots can be prepared in many ways, but some of my favorites are roasted, sautéed, or in a soup.
Carrots go well with other ingredients like ginger, garlic, onion, and honey.
I also like to add a little bit of turmeric or cumin to my carrots for extra flavor.
Cauliflower is known for being bland on its own, but it can be a great addition to a number of different dishes.
When paired with honey garlic chicken, it can be a delicious and healthy meal.
Here are three cauliflower recipes that would go well with honey garlic chicken:
- Roasted Cauliflower: This is a simple recipe that only requires a few ingredients. Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with olive oil and salt. Roast in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Cauliflower Rice: This is a great alternative to traditional rice. Simply grate the cauliflower into small pieces and sauté in a pan with olive oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cauliflower Soup: This soup is creamy and flavorful. Sauté onion and garlic in a pan, then add cauliflower and chicken broth. Puree the soup until smooth and season with salt and pepper. You can also add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt for extra creaminess.
5. Sweet Potatoes
If regular white potatoes aren’t your cup of tea, then why not try something a little sweeter?
Sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish to honey garlic chicken.
You can either roast them in the oven with some rosemary and garlic, or fry them up in a pan with some butter and sage.
If you’re looking for something a little different, you could even try grilling them – just be sure to brush them with some olive oil first.
6. Green Beans
Green beans are a classic side dish that go well with honey garlic chicken.
You can simply steam them and add a little bit of butter and salt, or you can get creative and add other ingredients like garlic, lemon, or Parmesan cheese.
One of my favorite ways to add extra flavor to green beans is to sauté them in a little bit of olive oil and garlic.
This gives them a delicious flavor that goes well with the honey garlic chicken.
Spinach is a powerhouse vegetable and goes well with so many different flavors.
I think it would be a great addition to your honey garlic chicken meal.
Here are three recipes for spinach side dishes that I think would go well with the chicken:
- Sauteed spinach with garlic and olive oil
- Spinach and feta cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Roasted baby potatoes with spinach and Parmesan cheese
You could also add other vegetables to this meal, like roasted Brussels sprouts or roasted sweet potatoes.
One of my favorite ways to add extra flavor to spinach is to add a little bit of balsamic vinegar when I saute it.
8. Sautéed Swiss Chard
If you have a pan big enough, you can cook your chicken and vegetables together.
I like to start by cooking the chicken until it’s slightly browned, then adding the garlic and honey.
Once those ingredients are combined, I add the washed and chopped Swiss chard.
I find that Swiss chard goes really well with honey garlic chicken.
You could also make a separate side dish of sautéed Swiss chard.
- To do this, you would start by heating some oil in a pan.
- Then, you would add the Swiss chard and cook it until it’s wilted. I like to add a little bit of salt and pepper for flavor.
Another option is to roast the Swiss chard.
- To do this, you would preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, you would wash and chop the Swiss chard and put it on a baking sheet. I like to drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top and then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Roast the Swiss chard for about 15 minutes, or until it’s slightly browned.
This veggie is super easy to cook and goes well with pretty much everything, making it the perfect side dish for your honey garlic chicken.
All you need to do is throw it in a pan with some oil and garlic, and you’re good to go.
You can also mix it up by adding other veggies like mushrooms or green beans, and top it with a little bit of Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
Known for its healthy benefits, broccoli makes a great side dish to honey garlic chicken.
There are many different ways you can cook broccoli, so you can easily find a recipe to suit your taste.
For a simple side dish, you can steam broccoli and add a little bit of lemon juice.
For something a little more flavorful, you can roast broccoli with garlic and olive oil.
Or, for a more unique dish, you can try sautéing broccoli with ginger and soy sauce.
Other ingredients you can add to this meal include rice, noodles, or a salad.
I personally love to add a bit of extra flavor to my broccoli by adding some Parmesan cheese on top.
This meal is simple to make and can easily be tailored to your liking.
Corn has been a popular side dish for many years and there are many different ways to prepare it.
Three recipes that would go well with honey garlic chicken are creamed corn, roasted corn, and corn salad:
- Creamed corn is a rich and creamy side dish that pairs well with the sweetness of honey garlic chicken. To make it, simply cook corn in a mixture of milk and cream, then season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Roasted corn is a simple and healthy side dish that brings out the natural sweetness of the corn. To make it, simply toss corn kernels in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Corn salad is a light and refreshing side dish that is perfect for summer. To make it, simply mix together cooked corn, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red onions, and a vinaigrette of your choice.
Eggplant has a funny texture if you ask me- it’s spongy and delicate all at the same time.
But that’s what I like about it. It soaks up flavors really well, making it the perfect vessel for a variety of different dishes.
And, since it pairs so well with honey garlic chicken, it makes for a perfect side dish.
Here are three of my favorite recipes:
- Eggplant Parmesan: This dish is classic and comforting. It’s easy to make, and always a hit.
- Roasted Eggplant with Basil and Mozzarella: This dish is a little more elevated, but still just as delicious. The roasted eggplant is paired with fresh basil and mozzarella, making it a perfect summer dish.
- Eggplant Caponata: This dish is a little more unusual, but so worth it. It’s a sweet and sour eggplant dish that is traditionally served as an appetizer. But, I think it makes a great side dish, too.
When have mushrooms ever not been a good idea?
They’re earthy, savory, and pairs perfectly with chicken.
Here are three of my favorite recipes that use mushrooms as a side dish:
- Sautéed mushrooms: simple and classic, all you need is mushrooms, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mushroom stroganoff: add some creaminess to your meal with this dish that uses mushrooms, beef broth, sour cream, and egg noodles.
- Honey garlic mushrooms: for a dish that matches the flavors of your chicken, mix mushrooms, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and vegetable oil.
Zucchini has many different uses and can go well with lots of different flavors.
It’s a versatile vegetable that can be used in sweet or savory dishes.
Here are three recipes for zucchini that would go well with honey garlic chicken:
- Zucchini Fries: Slice zucchini into fry-sized pieces, coat in a batter of your choice, and fry until golden brown. Serve with honey garlic chicken for a delicious and easy meal.
- Zucchini Noodles: Spiralize zucchini to create healthy noodles. Toss with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Serve as a side dish or top with chicken for a complete meal.
- Roasted Zucchini: Cut zucchini into thin slices, toss with olive oil and your favorite herbs or spices, and roast in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve as a side dish or top with chicken for a healthy and flavorful meal.
15. Caprese Salad
I just had to include one of my favorite salads on this list – Caprese Salad.
I love the flavors of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella, and they go so well with chicken.
You could also add some extra veggies to this dish, like roasted red peppers, or even some fruit, like sliced strawberries.
And for a little bit of extra flavor, I like to drizzle a balsamic glaze over the top.
What Vegetables Go with Honey Garlic Chicken? (15 Veggies)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Sautéed Swiss Chard
- Caprese Salad
- Pick your favorite veggie or veggie side dish from this list to serve with your chicken.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve it up asap!