Do you ever find yourself wondering what salad to serve with pizza?
I know I do! Pizza is such a classic dish that can be enjoyed any time of year.
But it can be tricky to know what sides to serve with it, especially if you are looking for something healthy.
Luckily, there are plenty of salads that go great with pizza.
From classic Caesar salads to more unique options like watermelon salad, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So the next time you are making pizza for dinner, be sure to try one of these salads!
Read Also: The 15 Best Ooni Pizza Toppings
What Salad Goes with Pizza?
There are many salads that go well with pizza. A simple green salad with vinaigrette is a great option. You can also try a Caesar salad, Cobb salad, Caprese salad, or Greek salad. If you want something lighter, try a side of fruit or a mixed green salad.
Still looking for salad ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 11 salads that go with pizza:
1. Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
Broccoli is known for its impressive nutrient profile, but it’s also a delicious and versatile vegetable.
This bacon broccoli salad is the perfect side dish for pizza night.
It’s packed with fresh flavors and crunchy textures, and it comes together in just minutes.
To change things up, you could:
- Add some diced red onion for extra sweetness and crunch.
- Use shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese in place of the crumbled bacon.
- Swap out the broccoli for cauliflower or kale.
- Add a diced apple or pear for extra sweetness.
2. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
The dressing in this salad is out-of-this-world delicious – it’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and has just the right amount of spice.
The salad itself is packed with fresh veggies and beans for a filling, yet light, meal.
I love to pair this salad with pizza for a fun and easy weeknight dinner.
To change things up, you could:
- Swap the black beans for kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Use corn tortilla chips in place of the chopped tortillas.
- Add diced avocado or guacamole on top.
- Top with grilled chicken or shrimp.
3. 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
Lemony, tasty, easy, and healthy – this salad is the perfect side to any meal, but goes especially well with pizza!
I love the contrast of the bright, acidic lemon dressing with the rich, savory Parmesan cheese.
If you’re looking for a little more crunch in your salad, you could add some chopped nuts or croutons.
And if you want to change things up, you could swap out the lettuce for spinach or arugula.
4. BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
Who doesn’t love BBQ chicken? And when you add ranch and pasta into the mix, it’s even better!
This salad is perfect for a summer BBQ or potluck, but it’s also hearty enough to be a main dish.
I like to change things up by using different types of pasta, adding in different veggies, or using a different kind of cheese.
Here are a few ideas:
- Try a different shape of pasta, like shells or rotini.
- Add in some chopped bell peppers, diced tomatoes, or thinly sliced red onion.
- Swap out the cheddar for pepper Jack cheese.
- For a little bit of heat, stir in a teaspoon of diced jalapeño.
5. Pesto Potato Salad
Pesto has a strong taste to it, so a little goes a long way in this potato salad.
The pesto dressing is bright and flavorful, and the potatoes and vegetables are the perfect mix of crunchy and soft.
This salad is best served cold or at room temperature, so it’s perfect for picnics or potlucks.
To change things up, you could:
- Swap out the potatoes for another type of starchy vegetable, like roasted sweet potatoes or roasted cauliflower.
- Add some protein with cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
- Make it a complete meal by adding a handful of cooked pasta or quinoa.
- Use a different type of green in the pesto, like spinach or arugula.
6. Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
Italians just know how to do food right.
This easy antipasto salad is no exception.
It’s packed with all of my favorite Italian flavors – salami, pepperoni, olives, artichokes, and a simple homemade vinaigrette.
Serve it alongside your favorite pizza for a perfect meal.
Or, if you’re looking for something a little different, try one of these variations:
- Add some cooked chicken or shrimp to make it a main dish salad.
- Switch out the romaine for arugula or spinach for a slightly different flavor.
- Try using a balsamic vinaigrette instead of the Italian dressing.
7. Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Are you tired of regular old white bread pizza yet?
Good, because this sweet potato kale salad is the perfect side dish to mix things up.
It’s hearty and filling enough to stand up to a slice of pizza, but the honey mustard dressing keeps it from being too heavy.
And if you’re feeling really adventurous, you could even top your salad with a few slices of pepperoni or crumbled Italian sausage.
Some other ideas for changing things up:
- Substitute regular potatoes for sweet potatoes, or use half of each.
- Swap out the kale for spinach, arugula, or mixed greens.
- Try a different dressing – balsamic vinaigrette would be delicious!
- Add some fruit, like diced apples or dried cranberries.
8. Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Bacon just makes everything better – especially this ranch pasta salad.
The smoky, salty bacon pairs perfectly with the creamy dressing and tender pasta.
And the best part? This dish can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for potlucks or picnics.
If you’re looking to change things up, you could:
- Sub in a different type of pasta, like rotini or shells.
- Use a different kind of cheese, like mozzarella or cheddar.
- Add in some chopped veggies, like tomatoes, cucumbers, or bell peppers.
9. Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
If you’re feeling fancy, this roasted beet goat cheese salad is the perfect accompaniment to your next pizza night.
The sweetness of the beets pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of your favorite pizza, and the creamy goat cheese ties it all together.
Not a fan of goat cheese? No problem – you could swap it out for feta, blue cheese, or even just some extra shredded mozzarella.
Don’t have time to roast the beets? You could use canned beets, or even just some diced raw red beets.
And if you want to add some extra protein or make this into a main dish salad, you could top it with grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
10. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Chickpea salad might sound boring, but this Mediterranean-inspired version is anything but.
It’s loaded with fresh herbs, tangy feta, and salty olives for a flavor-packed salad that pairs perfectly with pizza.
For a little extra crunch, add some chopped cucumber or red onion to the mix.
And if you want to turn this salad into a main dish, just add some grilled chicken or shrimp on top.
11. Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Why not serve something healthy and flavorful with your next pizza night?
This kale cranberry quinoa salad is the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and tangy.
It’s packed with nutrients, but still satisfying and filling.
And it’s so easy to make! Just cook the quinoa, chop up the veggies, mix everything together, and you’re done.
If you want to change things up, you could:
- Swap out the kale for spinach or arugula.
- Add in some diced avocado for creaminess.
- Use almonds or pecans instead of pistachios.
- Try a different type of cheese, like feta or goat cheese.
- Make it a main dish by adding cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
What Salad Goes with Pizza? (11 Best Salads)
- Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Pick any of the salads from this article to serve with your pizza.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!