When you’re not sure what salad to serve with shrimp creole, don’t worry – I’ve got you covered!
In this article, I’ll explore the ten best salads to pair with this classic Southern dish.
From light, refreshing side salads to hearty main courses, you’ll find the perfect accompaniment to your plate of shrimp creole.
So, let’s get started!
1. Wedge Salad
I’m a big fan of wedge salads!
Not only are they simple to prepare, but they’re also incredibly tasty.
There are endless ways to make a wedge salad, so here’s a few creative twists you can add to make it your own:
- Add some crunch by topping your salad with some croutons
- Sprinkle some bacon bits for a salty, smoky flavor
- Toss in a few slices of cherry tomatoes for a slight sweetness
- Get creative with the dressing! Try something different like a creamy tarragon dressing
Pro Tip: Make sure to dress your wedge salad lightly – you don’t want to overpower the flavors of the other ingredients.
2. Caesar Salad
I think Caesar Salad is one of the most delicious salads out there, and I’m sure you’ll agree!
It has the perfect balance of crunchy lettuce, crunchy croutons, creamy dressing, and tangy parmesan cheese.
Plus, it’s so easy to customize with some creative twists.
Here are some of my favorite variations on the classic Caesar Salad:
- Add some grilled chicken for an extra hit of protein.
- Switch out the Parmesan cheese for feta.
- Use a Greek yogurt-based dressing in place of the traditional creamy Caesar dressing.
- Add some cooked bacon or pancetta for a salty crunch.
- Top with some toasted nuts or seeds for extra crunch.
My pro tip: make sure you don’t skimp on the dressing! The perfect Caesar Salad needs plenty of dressing to make it truly delicious.
3. Kale Salad
I’m a huge fan of kale salads!
They’re incredibly healthy, and with a few creative twists, you can make them into something that tastes amazing.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Top it with grilled chicken or salmon for a protein boost
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for a burst of flavor
- Roast some chickpeas for a crunchy addition
- Drizzle it with your favorite homemade dressing
- Add some fresh fruit like strawberries or mandarin oranges
My pro tip: If you have leftovers, store the kale salad with the dressing on the side. This will keep the greens from becoming soggy.
4. Greek Salad
It’s a vibrant and healthy meal that you can customize in a variety of ways.
- Add roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash for an extra crunch
- Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts for a nutty flavor
- Top with grilled chicken or shrimp for a protein boost
- Swap out the lettuce for spinach, kale or arugula
- Upgrade the olives to sun-dried tomatoes
Pro Tip: For a vegan version, substitute the feta cheese with crumbled tofu or walnuts.
5. Strawberry Spinach Salad
I have to say, the strawberry spinach salad is an absolute must-try!
It’s packed with flavor, and you can easily switch it up to make it unique every time.
Here are a few creative twists you can make:
- Add some nuts and feta cheese for a salty crunch
- Mix in some dried cranberries for a sweet and tart flavor
- Top with diced avocado for a creamy texture
- Substitute the spinach for arugula for a peppery kick
Pro Tip: Make a big batch of the salad and store it in the fridge for a quick and healthy meal throughout the week. Enjoy!
6. Caprese Salad
I’ve been loving Caprese Salad lately!
It’s such a simple yet delicious dish that can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
Here are some creative twists you can make to make this salad even more amazing:
- Add some grilled chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal
- Toss in some crunchy nuts or seeds to add texture
- Mix it up with different types of tomatoes, like cherry or grape tomatoes
- Add in some fresh herbs like basil or oregano
A pro tip: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different dressings to take your Caprese Salad to the next level!
7. Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
I’m a huge fan of this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad because it’s fresh, flavorful and incredibly easy to make.
Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of veggies!
Here are some creative twists you can make to this salad to make it even more delicious:
- Top it with some grilled chicken or shrimp
- Add a teaspoon of cumin to the dressing for a smoky flavor
- Try adding some feta cheese for a creamy texture and tangy flavor
- Sprinkle some crushed tortilla chips for a crunchy texture
Pro Tip: Make sure you’re using ripe avocados and fresh tomatoes for the best flavor. Enjoy!
8. Waldorf Salad
I love to serve this salad with shrimp creole for an impressive dinner.
Waldorf Salad is a classic dish that is as delicious as it is beautiful.
It’s a great way to add color and flavor to your meal.
Here are some great twists you can make to this classic:
- Add some crunch with toasted walnuts
- Make it extra creamy with Greek yogurt
- Switch up the fruit with apples and pears
- Give it a kick with some diced jalapenos
- Top with some crumbled blue cheese
Pro Tip: For a light, refreshing meal, serve the salad with a grilled chicken breast. Enjoy!
9. Crunchy Broccoli Salad
If you want a little crunch alongside your shrimp creole, then this crunchy broccoli salad is for you!
Packed with fresh broccoli, sunflower seeds, and a creamy dressing, it’s the perfect side dish for any meal.
Here are some creative twists you can make to the recipe:
- Add some diced apples for a fruity touch
- Top with bacon bits for a salty crunch
- Mix in some dried cranberries for a touch of sweetness
- Use a light vinaigrette in place of the mayonnaise for a lighter version
Pro tip: To get even more crunch, lightly toast the sunflower seeds before adding them to the salad.
10. Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
I’m in love with this Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad!
It’s packed with flavor, plus it’s healthy and filling.
Here are some creative twists you can make to make it even better:
- Add in some roasted sweet potatoes for extra nutrition and sweetness
- Swap out the chicken for some black beans for a vegetarian option
- Top it off with some crunchy tortilla strips and a dollop of sour cream
- Sprinkle some crumbled feta cheese on top
Pro tip: Be sure to combine the ingredients well so that all the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the salad!
How to Decide What Salad to Serve with Shrimp Creole
When deciding what type of salad to serve with shrimp creole, consider the flavors and ingredients in the dish.
For example, if the creole contains tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and celery, a garden salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers would pair nicely.
Alternatively, a fruit salad with oranges, pineapples, or apples could also be a great pairing.
If you want to keep it simple, a classic Caesar salad with crunchy croutons and a creamy dressing would also be a great choice.
10 Best Salads to Serve with Shrimp Creole
- Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
- Pick your favorite salad from this list to serve with your shrimp meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!