Knowing what sauce goes with salmon wellington doesn’t just make you a better cook, it makes you a better person.
Ok, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration.
But seriously, the right sauce can take this already impressive dish to the next level.
So, whether you’re looking for something classic or something a little out-of-the-box, read on for my top 9 picks.
What Sauce Goes with Salmon Wellington? 9 Best Sauces
Do you ever feel like you’re in a rut when it comes to cooking salmon?
If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to prepare salmon, look no further than Salmon Wellington.
This dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them asking for seconds. But what sauce goes with Salmon Wellington?
Here are 9 of the best sauces for Salmon Wellington:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Can you imagine your salmon covered in a creamy, dreamy alfredo sauce?
Here are some ways you can take your alfredo sauce up a notch and make it even more delicious:
- Add in some garlic: Garlic always makes things better! You can add in some garlic powder or fresh minced garlic to really take this sauce to the next level.
- Make it spicy: If you like things with a little bit of a kick, try adding in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to give it a nice spice.
- Add in some green onions: Green onions add a nice flavor and also a beautiful color. They’ll make your dish look extra fancy too!
2. Parmesan Cream Sauce
I love this cheesy and creamy Parmesan sauce on top of my salmon.
It’s so good, and it’s also really easy to make.
Here are a few tips for making an even better Parmesan cream sauce:
- Use good quality Parmesan cheese. The better the quality, the more flavor you’ll get in your sauce.
- If you want a little bit of a kick, add in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- For extra creaminess, stir in some heavy cream or half and half.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add in some chicken broth or milk.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with other herbs and spices! A little bit of thyme, basil, or oregano would be delicious in this sauce as well.
3. Basil Pesto Sauce
Basil pesto is known for adding freshness and a bright flavor to any dish, but it is also a great way to add some extra flavor to your salmon.
Here are some tips for how you can use pesto to really enhance the flavor of your salmon:
- Add some pesto to your marinade: This will infuse the fish with the bright flavors of basil and make for a more flavorful and tender piece of salmon.
- Mix pesto into a simple cream sauce: This will add some depth of flavor to a classic cream sauce that would usually be served with salmon.
- Top your cooked salmon with pesto: This is an easy way to add a bright finishing touch to your cooked salmon that will really elevate the dish.
Pesto is such a versatile sauce that can really be used in endless ways.
So get creative and experiment with how you can use it to enhance the flavor of your salmon dishes!
4. Marinara Sauce
Marinara sauce is like taking fresh tomatoes and turning them into a delicious, zesty sauce.
This particular sauce is made with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and a variety of herbs.
Marinara sauce is incredibly versatile and goes well with so many different dishes.
One great thing about this sauce is that it’s not too heavy, so it won’t weigh down your salmon dish.
Here are some ways you can add more flavor to your marinara sauce:
- Add in some red pepper flakes to give it a little bit of heat
- Stir in some fresh chopped basil for a pop of color and flavor
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar or red wine for an extra depth of flavor
5. Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all’arrabbiata)
How about an authentic Italian arrabbiata sauce with your salmon?
This particular sauce is made with tomatoes, garlic, and chili peppers, giving it a nice balance of sweetness and heat.
The great thing about this sauce is that it can be used in so many different ways to add flavor to your salmon dish.
Here are some ideas:
- Toss it with some pasta for a quick and easy meal
- Use it as a base for a soup or stew
- Mix it with mayo or sour cream to create a delicious spread or dip
- Use it as a marinade for grilled or baked salmon
6. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Creamy and earthy, quick and easy, this 5-ingredient mushroom sauce is the perfect way to turn any salmon dish into a restaurant-worthy meal.
Here are some ways you can add more flavor to it:
- Use a variety of mushrooms for more depth of flavor
- Sauté the mushrooms in butter before adding them to the sauce for a richer flavor
- Add a splash of white wine or sherry for an extra touch of sophistication
- Stir in some chopped fresh herbs like thyme or parsley for brightness
7. Dijon Mustard Sauce
Check your fridge to see if you have a jar of Dijon mustard.
Well, do you?
If you do, then this is the sauce for you! It’s so easy to make and it goes with any salmon dish.
Here is how you make it: take 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard and whisk it together with 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of honey, and the juice from half a lemon.
So simple, right?
This sweet and tangy sauce will elevate your salmon to new heights.
If you want to add a bit more flavor to the sauce, try whisking in 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika or 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill.
8. Lemon Butter Sauce
When simplicity is key, a lemon butter sauce is the way to go.
You can use this sauce on any salmon dish, and it will elevate the flavors of your meal.
Lemon butter sauce is made with just a few ingredients: lemon juice, butter, and sometimes garlic.
The acidity from the lemon juice cuts through the richness of the butter and salmon, and the garlic adds a nice depth of flavor.
If you want to add a little more pizazz to your lemon butter sauce, here are some ideas:
- Add some zest from the lemon for extra citrus flavor.
- Substitute part of the butter for ghee or olive oil for a healthier option.
- Stir in some fresh herbs like parsley or dill.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.
9. Chimichurri Sauce
Green, vibrant, and full of flavor, chimichurri is a delicious sauce that goes great with any salmon dish.
This Argentinean favorite is made with fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a variety of spices.
The acidity from the vinegar and the brightness from the herbs really help to cut through the richness of the salmon.
And the garlic adds just enough depth of flavor to round out this sauce perfectly.
Chimichurri is also incredibly versatile and can be used as a marinade, dressing, or simply as a dipping sauce.
If you want to add even more flavor to your chimichurri sauce, consider roasting your garlic cloves before adding them into the mix.
Or try substituting lime juice for the vinegar for a slightly different take on this classic sauce
What Sauce Goes with Salmon Wellington? 9 Best Sauces
- Alfredo Sauce
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Arrabbiata Sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata)
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Choose your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your salmon Wellington meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!