Knowing what dessert goes with stuffed shells can be the difference between a good meal and a great one.
The right dessert can take a dish from good to great. It’s the finishing touch that can make all the difference.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of 11 desserts that go well with stuffed shells.
From fruity to chocolatey, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So if you’re looking for the perfect way to finish off your next meal, look no further than this list of delicious desserts!
1. Carrot Cake
Carrot cake reminds me of those chilly fall days when you just want to be cozy and eat something warm and comforting.
This dessert is perfect for that.
It’s got all the flavors of fall in one: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, carrots, apples, and even pumpkin!
Plus, it’s super easy to make.
You can even make it ahead of time and freeze it for later.
Pro Tip: Be sure to grated your carrots finely so they blend into the cake batter easily.
3 Creative Twists:
- Swap out the carrots for zucchini or sweet potatoes.
- Add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries for a little sweetness.
- Top with a cream cheese frosting instead of the traditional cream cheese frosting
Brownies might be the easiest dessert to make.
You can mix the batter by hand, and they only require one bowl.
They’re perfect for when you’re short on time, or if you want to whip up something last minute.
Pro Tip: For extra fudgy brownies, add an extra egg yolk to the batter.
- Add chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter before baking.
- Make a brownie sundae by topping with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
- Use a brownie mix to make chocolate chip cookies – just add 1/4 cup of flour and 2 tablespoons of water to the mix and bake as directed.
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
Super easy to make, super delicious to eat.
This chocolate mousse is light and fluffy, with a rich chocolate flavor that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
It’s perfect for a quick dessert, or even a snack.
Pro Tip: For an extra-special treat, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Add a tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha flavor.
- Top with fresh berries or chopped nuts for some texture and flavor contrast.
- Swirl in some caramel or peanut butter before serving.
4. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Just because this dessert uses oatmeal doesn’t mean it can’t be indulgent.
These chocolate oatmeal bars are the perfect mix of sweet and rich, with a little bit of crunch from the oats.
They come together in just minutes, and they’re so good that no one will believe they’re actually healthy!
Pro Tip: For an extra-chocolatey dessert, top these bars with melted chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Use different flavored extracts in place of the vanilla extract for a different flavor profile. Try almond, cherry, or peppermint extract!
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, dried fruit, or shredded coconut to the mixture before pressing into the pan for a little something extra.
- Make these into cookies by scooping the mixture onto a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
I usually go with frozen blueberries for this recipe because they tend to be cheaper and I always have them on hand, but feel free to use fresh blueberries if you have them.
I also like to add a tablespoon or two of lemon juice to the blueberry filling because it really brightens up the flavor.
As for the crumble topping, I usually use a mix of oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter, but you could get creative with that too.
Pro Tip: If you’re using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them before adding them to the recipe. Otherwise, your bars will be super watery.
- Use raspberries or blackberries in place of blueberries
- Add a streusel topping instead of a crumble topping
- Swap out the blueberry filling for a cherry pie filling
6. Italian Tiramisu
When you want to seem fancy (or feel like you’re in Italy), make tiramisu.
It’s actually really easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
The key to a good tiramisu is using quality coffee and cocoa powder, and letting the dish sit overnight so the flavors can meld together.
Pro Tip: Make sure your ladyfingers are fresh, or else they’ll fall apart when you try to dip them in the coffee mixture.
- Use a different type of alcohol in the coffee mixture (rum, amaretto, etc.)
- Swap out the ladyfingers for graham crackers or shortbread cookies
- Add a layer of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, bananas)
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
I love lemony desserts, and this bread is the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
The blueberries add a lovely pop of color and sweetness, while the lemon zest brightens up the whole loaf.
This bread is delicious on its own, but it’s also amazing toasted with a little butter.
Pro Tip: When zesting the lemon, be careful not to get any of the white pith. The pith is bitter and will make your bread taste unpleasant.
3 Creative Twists:
- Swap out the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries.
- Add a streusel topping made with lemon zest, flour, sugar and butter.
- Make mini loaves and serve them as individual servings.
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Fruity, easy-to-eat, and perfect for dessert or an afternoon snack, these strawberry lemon blondies are a real treat.
Made with a buttery shortbread base and topped with a tart lemon glaze, they’re bursting with flavor.
And, because they’re made with fresh strawberries, they’re also nice and moist.
Pro Tip: If you want to make these blondies extra lemony, add a teaspoon of grated lemon zest to the batter.
- Use raspberries or blueberries instead of strawberries.
- Add a tablespoon of poppy seeds to the batter for a little crunch.
- Swap out the lemon glaze for a chocolate one – because who doesn’t love chocolate?
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
When you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but still want to make a delicious dessert, these no bake chocolate dipped cookie dough balls are the perfect solution.
You only need a few ingredients and they come together in about 30 minutes.
Pro Tip: If you want an extra chocolatey treat, use dark chocolate chips for dipping.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use white chocolate chips for dipping and top with sprinkles
- Dip in melted peanut butter instead of chocolate
- Roll the balls in chopped nuts before dipping in chocolate
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
Who can say no to a warm and fluffy chocolate chip loaf cake?
This dessert is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
I like to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, but it would also be delicious with fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Pro Tip: For an extra decadent treat, substitute half of the all-purpose flour for cocoa powder.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts (I like pecans or walnuts) to the batter for some crunch.
- Mix in a cup of shredded zucchini or carrots for added moisture and nutrients (shh, nobody has to know).
- Stir in ½ cup of peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter for an irresistible PB&J flavor.
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Sometimes, you just can’t beat a classic.
This strawberry shortcake is the perfect example of that. It’s simple, yet so delicious.
The key to a good strawberry shortcake is using fresh strawberries and whipping the cream until it’s stiff.
Pro Tip: If you want a little extra flavor, add a splash of vanilla extract to the whipped cream.
- Use blueberries or raspberries in place of strawberries.
- Make a shortcake trifle by layering cake, fruit, and whipped cream in a glass bowl.
- Top your shortcake with a dollop of lemon curd for a tart and sweet twist.
11 Tasty Desserts that Go with Stuffed Shells
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Pick your favorite dessert from this list to serve with your pasta dish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!