In this article, I’ll go over my favorite desserts that go with ham.
There are a lot of different ways to cook ham, and there are just as many ways to enjoy it.
But one of the best parts about ham is that it goes well with so many different flavors.
From sweet to savory, there’s a dessert out there that will complement your meal perfectly.
So if you’re looking for the perfect way to finish off your next ham dinner, look no further!
1. Carrot Cake
Carrot cake reminds me of Easter dinner with my family.
We would always have a big ham, and my mom would make this cake to finish off the meal.
I love the sweetness of the cake, and the cream cheese frosting is to die for.
Pro Tip: If you want an extra- moist cake, add a cup of pineapple juice to the batter.
- Add a handful of chopped pecans to the batter for a crunchy twist.
- Mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon to the frosting for a little bit of spice.
- Top the cake with candied carrots for a fun and festive garnish.
When simplicity is key, brownies are always the answer.
You can never go wrong with a classic chocolate brownie, and this recipe is my personal favorite.
The best part about brownies is that they’re so versatile – you can add frosting, nuts, fruit, or even ice cream on top.
And if you’re feeling really creative, you can use them as the base for a trifle or cake.
Pro Tip: For extra fudgy brownies, substitute the milk for coffee.
3 Creative Twists:
- Peanut Butter Brownies – Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter to the batter before baking.
- Espresso Brownies – Add 1-2 tablespoons of espresso powder to the batter before baking.
- Mint Chocolate Brownies – Add 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract to the batter before baking and top with chocolate frosting after they’ve cooled.
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
When you want something easy yet elegant for dessert, this chocolate mousse is the way to go.
It’s light and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness.
Plus, it only takes a few minutes to whip up!
Pro Tip: For an extra-special touch, top each serving with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or a chocolate-covered espresso bean.
3 Creative Twists:
- For a minty twist, add a drop or two of peppermint extract to the mousse.
- Make it peanut butter mousse by stirring in some creamy peanut butter before serving.
- Top with fresh berries or a drizzle of caramel sauce for even more deliciousness!
4. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Bursting with chocolate flavor, these easy no bake chocolate oatmeal bars are the perfect dessert for any occasion!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, they come together in less than 30 minutes and are always a hit with my family.
Pro Tip: For an extra special treat, top with your favorite chocolate chips or chopped nuts before cutting into bars.
- Add a layer of peanut butter for a PB&C twist.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Stir in 1 cup of diced strawberries for a sweet and tart twist.
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
Think about all those times you’ve made a fruit crisp or crumble and wished you could eat it in bar form.
Well, with this recipe, now you can!
These Blueberry Crumble Bars are the perfect way to use up any summer fruits you have on hand.
And, if you’re not a fan of blueberries, feel free to mix in your favorite fruits instead.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the filling before baking.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use raspberries or blackberries in place of the blueberries.
- Mix in a handful of chopped nuts for some crunch.
- Stir in a tablespoon of lemon juice for a tart twist.
6. Italian Tiramisu
When you want to impress your guests with a decadent and elegant dessert, tiramisu is the way to go.
This dish is made with layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cream, and cocoa powder.
It’s rich, it’s creamy, it’s sweet… and did I mention there’s coffee in it?
Tiramisu is the perfect way to finish off a dinner party.
Pro Tip: Make sure the mascarpone cream is very smooth before you start layering the tiramisu. You can use an electric mixer to make this process easier.
- Swap out the coffee for Bailey’s Irish Cream for an extra boozy treat.
- Add a layer of chocolate ganache between the ladyfingers and mascarpone cream for a richer flavor.
- Use almond or hazelnut liqueur in place of the coffee for a nutty twist on this classic dish.
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
Fruity, lemony, and not too sweet, this quick bread is the perfect dessert to serve with coffee or tea.
It’s also a cinch to make – just mix together the batter, pour into a loaf pan, and bake.
The hardest part is waiting for it to cool before slicing in!
Pro Tip: For an extra lemony kick, add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the batter.
- Mix in some shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Top with a streusel made from chopped pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Swap out the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries.
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Everybody knows that strawberry and lemon is a classic flavor combination.
But have you ever had it in blondie form?
These Strawberry Lemon Blondies are the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with a delicious lemony glaze on top.
They’re so good, you might even be tempted to have seconds… or thirds!
Pro Tip: For extra zing, add a pinch of lemon zest to the blondie batter.
- Use Meyer lemons for a sweeter, more fragrant flavor
- Mix in some white chocolate chips for extra sweetness
- Top with a scoop of lemon sorbet before serving
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
When you don’t want to mess around with baking but still want to make a delicious dessert, these no bake chocolate dipped cookie dough balls are the way to go.
They come together in under 30 minutes and only require a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Plus, they’re always a hit with kids and adults alike.
Pro Tip: If you want an extra chocolatey treat, dip the cookie dough balls in melted chocolate instead of just using chocolate chips.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use different types of chocolate for dipping, like white or milk chocolate
- Add sprinkles or other decorations to the outside of the balls
- Make smaller bite sized balls for easier snacking
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
Perfect for feeding a crowd, this Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake is moist, fluffy and packed with chocolate chips.
I love to serve it dusted with powdered sugar or alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pro Tip: Be sure to use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the batter for a double chocolate loaf cake.
- Fold in 1 cup of chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Remember those little shortcake biscuits from childhood?
The ones that came in a can and you would just slice them in half and add some berries and whipped cream?
This recipe is like those, but a million times better.
Pro Tip: If you want to make this ahead of time, bake the biscuits and store them in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, just slice them in half, top with berries and whipped cream, and enjoy!
3 Creative Twists:
- Swap out the strawberries for peaches or nectarines.
- Add a spoonful of lemon curd or raspberry jam to the berries before adding the biscuit top.
- Make mini strawberry shortcakes by using a muffin tin instead of a baking sheet.
11 Best Desserts for Ham Dinners
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Pick your favorite dessert from this list to serve with your ham recipe.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Enjoy in less than 30 minutes!