Cottage cheese is a versatile and delicious food that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
One of the best ways to enjoy cottage cheese is to pair it with fruit.
There are many different fruits that go well with cottage cheese, and each one brings its own unique flavor to the dish.
Some of the best fruits to pair with cottage cheese include apples, pears, peaches, berries, and melon.
Each of these fruits has a distinct flavor that compliments the creamy texture of cottage cheese.
When pairing cottage cheese with fruit, be sure to experiment until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
What Fruits Go with Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese pairs well with all kinds of fruits, from sweet to tart. Some classic combinations include cottage cheese with pineapple, cottage cheese with peaches, or cottage cheese with grapes.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 12 fruits that go with cottage cheese:
Most apples are a little sweet and a little tart, which makes them a perfect partner for the creamy, mild taste of cottage cheese.
And since apples are so versatile—you can eat them raw, cooked, or in baked goods—there are lots of ways to enjoy them with cottage cheese.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Top cottage cheese with thinly sliced apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Stir chopped apples into cottage cheese for a quick and easy fruit salad.
- Make an apple crisp and top it with cottage cheese instead of ice cream.
- Layer slices of apple, cottage cheese, and granola in a parfait glass.
Pears range tangy to sweet to spicy, making them a versatile fruit to pair with cottage cheese.
For a sweet and simple snack, top cottage cheese with thinly sliced pears and a drizzle of honey.
If you’re looking for something more savory, try pairing cottage cheese with diced pears, crumbled bacon, and chopped chives.
Or for a light lunch or dinner, top cottage cheese on a bed of greens with pear slices, walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese.
No matter how you enjoy it, pear-and-cottage-cheese is a classic combo that’s hard to beat.
Peaches taste like a mix of sweet and sour and are often used in pies and other desserts.
They can also be eaten on their own as a snack or side dish.
Peaches go well with cottage cheese because they are a sweet complement to the salty flavor of the cheese.
Peaches can be sliced and added to cottage cheese, or cottage cheese can be used as a dip for peach slices.
With so many different berries to choose from, it can be hard to know which one to pair with your cheese.
- If you’re looking for a classic combo, go for strawberries. The sweetness of the berries complements the tanginess of the cottage cheese perfectly.
- For a more festive option, try pairing cottage cheese with raspberries or blackberries. The bright colors will add a pop of color to your plate, and the slightly tart flavor of the berries will balance out the richness of the cottage cheese.
- If you want something a little different, give blueberries a try. The sweetness of the blueberries pairs well with the creaminess of the cottage cheese, and the two flavors complement each other nicely.
You can pick your favorite kind of melon, but I think cantaloupe or honeydew work especially well with cottage cheese.
The sweetness of the melon pairs nicely with the creamy, tangy cottage cheese.
I like to cut the melon into bite-sized pieces and top my cottage cheese with it.
You could also add a drizzle of honey or a sprinkling of cinnamon for some extra flavor.
If you want a more substantial meal, you could add some chopped-up grilled chicken or turkey to your cottage cheese and melon.
Or, if you’re looking for a lighter option, try adding a few slices of cucumber or some fresh berries.
Pineapple is sweet and tart and pairs well with the creamy cottage cheese.
I like to add a little bit of salt to my cottage cheese to offset the sweetness of the pineapple.
You can also add a drizzle of honey for extra sweetness.
Pineapple also goes well with other fruits like mango, papaya, and kiwi. You can mix all of the fruits together in a bowl or make a fruit salad.
Serve the fruit salad on top of the cottage cheese or on the side.
If you want a more substantial meal, you can add chopped nuts or granola to the cottage cheese.
Serve with a side of whole wheat toast or crackers.
These little green globes are the perfect sweet snack to go alongside your cottage cheese.
And, they add a pop of color to your plate.
If you’re looking for a way to change up your cottage cheese game, mix in some grapes (and maybe a little honey) for a sweet and satisfying snack.
Kiwi has a distinct tangy and sweet flavor that pairs well with the creamy taste of cottage cheese.
The two flavors complement each other without being too overwhelming.
You can enjoy kiwi and cottage cheese as a snack or light meal.
You can also use them as toppings for yogurt or oatmeal, or add them to smoothies or salads.
A ripe mango tastes sweet, citrus, and almost melony—in other words, delicious.
It’s the perfect fruit to pair with cottage cheese, which is mildly sweet and creamy.
The two make a great breakfast or snack.
Here are a few ideas for how to enjoy mango and cottage cheese together:
- Top cottage cheese with diced mango and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack.
- Make a mango smoothie and add a scoop of cottage cheese for extra protein.
- Layer mango, cottage cheese, and granola in a jar for a portable breakfast or snack on the go.
10. Citrus Fruits
You probably already have a few citrus fruits in mind that would go well with cottage cheese, but here are a few ideas to get you started.
One of my personal favorites is orange and cottage cheese.
The sweetness of the orange pairs perfectly with the creamy texture of the cottage cheese.
Another great option is grapefruit.
The tartness of the grapefruit complements the richness of the cottage cheese nicely.
If you’re looking for something a little different, try pairing cottage cheese with pomegranate.
The sweetness of the pomegranate pairs well with the creaminess of the cottage cheese, and the two flavors complement each other nicely.
11. Dried Fruits
Dried fruits are super delicious and go really well with cheese.
I love to add them to my cottage cheese for a little sweetness and texture.
My favorite dried fruits to add are raisins, apricots, and cranberries.
You can also add them to yogurt or oatmeal for a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack.
Apricots taste like a cross between a peach and a plum, and their sweetness pairs well with the creamy, tangy taste of cottage cheese.
There are many ways to enjoy apricots and cottage cheese together.
Here are a few ideas:
- Top cottage cheese with diced or sliced apricots
- Mix cottage cheese with mashed apricots
- Stir chopped apricots into cottage cheese
- Make a fruit parfait by layering apricots, cottage cheese, and granola
What Fruit Goes Well With Prosecco? 11 Best Fruits
What Fruits Go with Pineapple? (13 Amazing Fruits)
What Fruits Go with Cottage Cheese? (12 Best Fruits)
- Citrus Fruits
- Dried Fruits
- Pick any of the fruits from this article to pair with your cottage cheese.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious snack.
- Enjoy in no time!