Since it can be tough to decide what to serve with cauliflower soup, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite meaty options.
Cauliflower soup is a creamy and delicious soup that’s perfect for a winter meal.
It’s packed with nutrients and is surprisingly filling.
While it’s delicious on its own, there are a few things that can make it even better.
I’m sharing 7 types of meat that go well with cauliflower soup, including chicken, beef, pork, lamb, and more.
What Meat Goes Well with Cauliflower Soup?
Cauliflower soup pairs well with chicken, pork, beef, or lamb. If you want to add some protein to your soup, these meats are all good options. You could also add some cooked legumes, like chickpeas or lentils, for a heartier soup.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 7 types of meat that go well with cauliflower soup:
Chicken is one of my go-to safe options when it comes to adding meat to cauliflower soup.
It’s a classic flavor that goes well with most things, and it’s usually pretty easy to find (unlike some of the more obscure meats out there).
Here are three recipes that pair chicken with cauliflower soup:
- Chicken and Cauliflower Soup with Potatoes: This hearty soup is perfect for a cold winter day. It features chunks of chicken, potatoes, and carrots in a creamy cauliflower soup.
- Curried Chicken and Cauliflower Soup: This soup has a bit of a kick to it, thanks to the addition of curry powder. It also features diced apple for sweetness and coconut milk for creaminess.
- Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Soup with Wild Rice: This rich soup is perfect for a special occasion. It’s made with wild rice, which gives it a nutty flavor, and finished with heavy cream and shredded Parmesan cheese.
Related post: What Wine Goes with Cauliflower Soup
Pork is juicy, flavorful, and versatile, making it a great option for cauliflower soup.
Here are three recipe ideas that pair well with cauliflower soup:
- Pork tenderloin: Season the pork with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs, then roast in a preheated oven until cooked through. Slice and serve on top of the soup.
- Pork chops: Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs, then grill or pan-fry until cooked through. Slice and serve on top of the soup.
- Bacon: Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then crumble and sprinkle on top of the soup.
Ah, beef, is there anything it can’t do?
Well, cauliflower soup is one of those things.
Cauliflower soup is a delicate, creamy soup that is best made with a light hand when it comes to the beef.
That’s not to say you can’t use beef in cauliflower soup, but it’s best to use a leaner cut like sirloin or tenderloin and to cook it separately before adding it in at the end.
Here are three recipes for beef and cauliflower soup that will hit the spot:
- Sirloin and Cauliflower Soup: This soup is packed with flavor thanks to the sirloin, which adds a nice beefy flavor without being too overwhelming.
- Tenderloin and Cauliflower Soup: If you’re looking for a bit more of a luxurious soup, then this recipe is for you. The tenderloin adds a touch of elegance that makes this soup perfect for a special occasion.
- Beef and Cauliflower Soup: This is the simplest recipe of the bunch, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s not delicious.
There are tons of ways to prepare lamb, but it goes especially well with cauliflower soup.
Here are three recipes to try:
- Roasted Lamb with Cauliflower Soup: Season a lamb roast with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Roast in a preheated oven until browned and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with a warm cauliflower soup.
- Braised Lamb with Cauliflower Soup: Season lamb chops with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chops until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with a warm cauliflower soup.
- Ground Lamb with Cauliflower Soup: In a large skillet, cook ground lamb over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat and remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of prepared cauliflower soup. Serve the lamb mixture over cooked rice or quinoa and top with additional cauliflower soup.
Duck has a strong flavor, closer to red meat than chicken, making it a good match for the strong flavor of cauliflower.
Duck also has a high fat content, which helps to round out the flavors of the soup and make it more satisfying.
Here are three recipes that pair duck with cauliflower soup:
- Duck and Cauliflower Soup with Orange and Fennel: This soup has a complex flavor, thanks to the addition of orange juice and zest, fennel, and thyme.
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Smoked Duck: The smokiness of the duck pairs well with the creamy soup base in this recipe.
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Duck Skin: This soup is rich and decadent, thanks to the crispy duck skin topping.
Turkey is somewhat close to chicken in terms of taste and texture, but it has a bit more of a robust flavor that can really stand up to hearty soups and stews.
And since it’s such a lean protein, it’s a great choice for those watching their fat intake.
Here are three recipes that would go well with a cauliflower soup:
- Turkey, Bacon, and Cabbage Stew: This hearty stew features chunks of turkey, bacon, and cabbage simmered in a flavorful broth.
- Turkey and Butternut Squash Soup: This soup is packed with nutrients and flavor, thanks to the addition of butternut squash and turkey.
- Curried Turkey and Cauliflower Soup: This soup gets its warmth from curry powder and its depth of flavor from turmeric, cumin, and ginger.
Rich or earthy, venison pairs perfectly with cauliflower soup.
The gamey flavor of venison is a natural complement to the creamy, mellow taste of cauliflower soup.
Here are three recipes that pair venison and cauliflower soup:
- Venison, Mushroom, and Cauliflower Soup: This hearty soup is perfect for a cold winter night. The mushrooms add an earthy depth of flavor, while the venison provides a richness that takes the soup to the next level.
- Curried Venison and Cauliflower Soup: This soup is packed with flavor thanks to the addition of curry powder, cumin, and ginger. The venison adds a touch of luxury, while the cauliflower keeps it light and healthy.
- Venison, Bacon, and Cauliflower Soup creamy soup is made even better with the addition of bacon . The smoky flavor of the bacon complements the venison perfectly, while the cauliflower lends a subtle sweetness and creaminess to the dish.
What Meat Goes Well with Cauliflower Soup? (7 Meats)
- Pick any meat from this list to serve with your cauliflower soup.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Enjoy in no time!