Are you looking for what meat to serve with sweet potato gnocchi?
Sweet potato gnocchi is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional potato gnocchi.
It’s made with sweet potatoes, flour, salt, and pepper and is boiled until tender.
This dish is usually served as a main course but can also be served as a side dish.
If you are looking for ideas for what to serve with sweet potato gnocchi, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 7 of the best proteins to serve with sweet potato gnocchi including chicken, shrimp, beef, pork, and more!
Because knowing what to serve with sweet potato gnocchi can be tough sometimes.
What Protein to Serve with Sweet Potato Gnocchi?
There are many proteins that go well with sweet potato gnocchi. You could choose to pair it with chicken, shrimp, or even tofu. If you want to keep the dish vegetarian, you could add some beans or lentils to round out the meal.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 7 proteins that go with sweet potato gnocchi:
Ah, good ol’ classic lean chicken breast. It pairs well with just about anything, and sweet potato gnocchi is no exception.
There are a few different ways that I like to cook chicken breast to serve alongside sweet potato gnocchi.
My personal favorite is to pan-sear it.
- I start by seasoning the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices that I’m feeling that day.
- Then, I heat up some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and once it’s hot, I add the chicken.
- I cook it for a few minutes on each side until it’s nice and golden brown and cooked through.
Another way that I like to cook chicken breast is by throwing it on the grill.
I season it the same as for pan-searing, but then I cook it on a preheated grill over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side until it’s cooked through.
And last but not least, one of my favorite quick and easy methods for cooking chicken breast is simply baking it in the oven.
I season the chicken as usual, then I bake it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until it’s fully cooked.
Shrimp is delicious no matter how you cook it, but it pairs especially well with sweet potato gnocchi.
Here are some of my favorite ways to cook shrimp:
- Grilled: Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and slightly charred.
- Pan-Seared: Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and slightly charred.
- Roasted: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the shrimp with a tablespoon of oil and your favorite spices. Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until pink and slightly charred.
Is there any dish where beef and sweet potato wouldn’t go well together?
I don’t think so!
Beef is such a versatile protein and goes great with sweet potato in so many different ways.
Here are some of my favorite combinations:
- Beef and sweet potato shepherd’s pie: This is a classic comfort food dish that is perfect for chilly winter nights. The beef and gravy are topped with creamy mashed sweet potatoes and then baked until golden brown.
- Sweet potato gnocchi with beef ragu: This dish is hearty and filling, but still light enough that you don’t feel like you need a nap afterwards. The gnocchi are cooked in a beefy tomato sauce and then topped with parmesan cheese.
- Korean beef and sweet potato bowls: These are healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. The beef is marinated in a Korean BBQ sauce and then cooked with sweet potatoes and served over rice.
- Thai beef and sweet potato curry: This is a quick and easy curry that can be made in under 30 minutes. It’s packed with flavor from the coconut milk, red curry paste, and fresh herbs.
Speaking of sauce, click here to learn what sauce goes with sweet potato gnocchi.
Pork is known for being juicy and flavorful, and when cooked properly, it can be an incredibly delicious and versatile protein.
There are a few different ways that I like to cook pork, depending on what I’m serving it with.
One of my favorite ways to cook pork is to roast it in the oven.
I like to rub the pork with a blend of spices, like smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder, before roasting it in a hot oven.
This gives the pork a nice crust on the outside while keeping it juicy on the inside.
Another way I like to cook pork is to pan-fry it.
This is a great method for cooking pork chops, as you can get a nice sear on the outside while still cooking the meat through.
I like to season the pork chops with a little salt and pepper before cooking them in a hot pan with some oil.
Once they’re nice and golden brown on both sides, I remove them from the pan and let them rest for a few minutes before cutting into them.
If you’re vegan, vegetarian, or just looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to meat, tofu is a great option.
It’s a versatile protein that can be used in sweet or savory dishes, and takes on the flavor of whatever it’s cooked with.
I like to serve tofu with sweet potato gnocchi because it’s a hearty dish that still feels light.
Some of my favorite ways to cook tofu include marinating it in soy sauce and rice vinegar overnight, then grilling or stir-frying it; or coating it in a mixture of cornstarch, salt, and pepper, then pan-frying it until it’s crispy.
Pick your favorite type of bean—I like black beans or kidney beans—and give them a quick rinse.
Then, add the beans to a large pot of boiling water and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
After that, drain the beans and add them to your sweet potato gnocchi.
I like to sauté my gnocchi and beans in olive oil with some garlic, salt, and pepper.
You could also add in some chopped tomatoes or spinach for extra flavor and nutrients.
Lentils have a bad rep for being boring, but they are actually really versatile and can be used in a lot of different dishes.
My favorite way to eat lentils is with sweet potato gnocchi.
I like to cook the lentils in a little bit of olive oil with some garlic and onion, and then add them to the pan with the gnocchi.
I usually add some spinach to the dish as well, and sometimes I’ll top it with Parmesan cheese.
It’s a simple dish, but it’s so delicious and filling.
What Protein to Serve with Sweet Potato Gnocchi? (7 Proteins)
- Pick any protein or meat from this list to serve with your gnocchi.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Enjoy in no time!