If you’re looking for the perfect side to your next ham dish, look no further!
I’ve got 11 delicious salads that will complement your ham perfectly.
And trust me, your guests will be impressed.
So go ahead and give one (or all) of these a try!
See Also: 11 Best Desserts for Ham Dinners
What Salad Goes with Ham?
There are many salads that go well with ham, such as potato salad, Caesar salad, green salad, and even fruit salad. For a heartier option, serve ham with pasta salad or quinoa salad. And for a more indulgent option, try a ham and Gruyere tart.
Still looking for salad ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 11 salads that go with ham:
1. Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
When you’re craving something classic, this bacon broccoli salad is the way to go.
It’s packed with crunchy veggies, savory bacon, and a creamy dressing – everything you need for a perfect salad.
To add extra flavor, I like to:
- Add a handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Swap out the bacon for crumbled up blue cheese or goat cheese.
- Use a homemade dressing made with Greek yogurt, mayo, and a touch of honey.
2. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Anything Southwestern, to me, just screams “ham.”
This salad has all of the flavors of your favorite Tex-Mex dishes – think corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, and crispy tortilla strips – but in a lighter, healthier form.
The cilantro-lime dressing ties everything together and adds a bright, fresh flavor.
To make this dish even better, you could:
- Add avocado for creaminess and healthy fats.
- Top with grilled chicken or steak for extra protein.
- Mix in some crumbled cotija or feta cheese for extra salty flavor.
- Swap out the romaine lettuce for kale or spinach.
3. 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
If time is of the essence, this 5-minute lemon Parmesan lettuce salad is for you!
It’s light and refreshing, but still has plenty of flavor from the Parmesan cheese and a simple lemon dressing.
To add extra flavor to this salad, try:
- Adding a few slices of avocado.
- Mixing in some diced cooked chicken or ham.
- Stirring in a handful of chopped fresh herbs, like parsley or basil.
- Using a different type of cheese, like feta or goat cheese.
- Drizzling with a balsamic glaze or your favorite vinaigrette.
4. BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
BBQ chicken makes pretty much everything taste better – especially this ranch pasta salad.
See Also: What to Serve with Chicken Pasta Salad
The combination of cool, creamy ranch dressing, tender chicken, and zesty BBQ sauce is irresistible.
And since it’s all mixed together in one big bowl, it’s the perfect dish to bring to potlucks and picnics.
To add extra flavor to this salad, I like to:
- Use a rotisserie chicken for the BBQ chicken – it’s already cooked and saves time!
- Make my own ranch dressing – it’s so much tastier than store-bought.
- Add in some chopped up bacon or diced avocado for extra creaminess.
5. Pesto Potato Salad
Pesto just goes great in everything, and this pesto potato salad is no exception.
The creamy pesto dressing really takes this salad to the next level, and it’s so simple to make.
Just mix together some store-bought pesto, mayonnaise, and a little bit of vinegar.
If you want to add a little extra flavor, try stirring in some diced sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers.
6. Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
Easy, delicious, and ready in just 15 minutes, this antipasto salad is a perfect side for any meal.
The Italian vinaigrette is so simple to make, and it really brings all the flavors together.
For extra flavor, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Make it cheesy with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella or Parmesan on top.
- Mix in some cooked chicken, sausage, or salami for extra protein.
- Stir in a handful of pitted black olives or jarred peppers for extra color and flavor.
7. Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Just take a look at this beautiful salad!
It’s loaded with nutrient-rich kale and sweet potatoes, and tossed in a delicious honey mustard dressing.
This salad is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect side dish for ham.
To add extra flavor, try:
- Adding some crumbled bacon on top.
- Swapping out the honey mustard dressing for a balsamic vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
- Mixing in some shredded chicken or hard-boiled eggs.
- Topping with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or chopped nuts.
8. Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Bacon and ranch work together like peanut butter and jelly in this delicious pasta salad.
The smoky bacon pairs perfectly with the creamy ranch dressing, and the pasta soaks up all of the delicious flavors.
To make this salad even tastier, I like to add:
- Extra diced bacon on top. Because everything is better with bacon, right?
- A sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Some chopped green onions for a bit of sweetness and crunch.
- A few diced cherry tomatoes for color and flavor.
9. Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
When you want to impress your guests with a beautiful and tasty salad, look no further than this roasted beet goat cheese salad.
The beets are roasted to perfection and paired with creamy goat cheese, tart cranberries, and crunchy pecans.
The whole dish is then drizzled with a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
To add extra flavor to this salad, you could:
- Add some spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper or a diced jalapeño.
- Make it cheesy with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar or Parmesan on top.
- Mix in some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Stir in a handful of chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil.
10. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
I like something light and refreshing to balance out the heaviness of ham, and this Mediterranean chickpea salad is perfect.
It’s packed with fresh herbs, salty feta, and a tart lemon dressing.
And it’s so easy to make ahead of time – just throw everything in a bowl and let it sit for an hour or two (or overnight) to let the flavors meld together.
To add extra flavor, I like to:
- Add a handful of chopped fresh parsley, mint, or basil.
- Swap out the feta for goat cheese or blue cheese.
- Add a diced avocado for creaminess.
- Make my own quick pickled onions by slicing a red onion thinly and soaking it in vinegar for 15 minutes.
11. Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Nutritious, healthy, and full of flavor, this kale cranberry quinoa salad is a perfect side dish for your next holiday meal.
The quinoa provides a hearty base, the kale is packed with vitamins and minerals, and the dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness.
To really make this salad pop, I like to add a few slices of avocado and a sprinkle of crumbled goat cheese on top.
You could also:
- Swap out the kale for spinach or arugula.
- Add some chopped nuts for extra crunch.
- Mix in diced cooked chicken or turkey.
- drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette or dressing.
What Salad Goes with Ham? (11 Amazing Salads)
- Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Pick any of these salads to serve with your ham dish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!