Do you ever find yourself wondering what salad goes with lamb?
Well, wonder no more!
I’ve rounded up 11 of the best salads to serve with lamb.
Whether you are looking for a light and refreshing salad to pair with your lamb chops or a hearty and filling salad to round out a lamb roast, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these salads a try the next time you make lamb!
What Salad Goes with Lamb?
The most popular salads to serve with lamb are Greek salad, Caesar salad, and green salad. However, there are many other options that can complement the flavors of lamb. Try a quinoa salad with cranberries and feta, a roasted beet and goat cheese salad, or a watercress and endive salad.
Still looking for salad ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 11 salads that go with lamb:
1. Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
This salad is my husband’s favorite, and he always requests it when we have lamb for dinner.
The key to this salad is in the dressing – it’s a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing with a little bit of tang from the vinegar.
I like to add a little bit of Dijon mustard to mine, but you can leave it out if you prefer.
The other secret ingredient is bacon – it adds so much flavor and crunch to the salad.
I usually use pre-cooked bacon bits, but you could cook your own bacon and crumble it up.
If you want to add even more flavor, try roasting the broccoli before adding it to the salad.
2. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
The dressing in this southwestern chopped salad is so good, you’ll want to put it on everything!
It’s a cilantro-lime dressing that gets its creaminess from Greek yogurt.
I like to serve this salad with lamb because the flavors go so well together, but it would be just as good with chicken or steak.
The salad has black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion, and is topped with cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
3. 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
When time is of the essence, this 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad is a lifesaver.
It’s so simple – all you need is some chopped lettuce, a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
But don’t let its simplicity fool you – this salad is absolutely packed with flavor.
If you’re looking to change things up, you could:
- Add in some other chopped veggies, like tomatoes, cucumbers, or bell peppers.
- Switch out the lettuce for another type of greens, like spinach or arugula.
- Use a different type of cheese, like Feta or goat cheese.
- Add in some croutons or nuts for extra crunch.
4. BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
I love chicken. It adds protein, it’s filling, and it’s a great way to change up a salad.
This BBQ chicken ranch pasta salad is one of my favorites because it’s so dang easy to make.
To make this dish even better, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of sriracha or a diced jalapeño.
- Make it cheesy with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar or Parmesan on top.
- Mix in some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Stir in a handful of frozen peas or corn for extra color and sweetness.
- Top with a fried egg for an extra-special touch.
5. Pesto Potato Salad
If you happen to like pesto, then this is the salad for you!
It’s a great way to use up any leftover pesto, and it’s a nice change from the traditional potato salad.
I like to add some diced chicken or hard-boiled eggs to make it a complete meal, but it’s just as good on its own.
To change things up, you could:
- Add some diced avocado for creaminess.
- Swap out the potatoes for sweet potatoes or roasted cauliflower.
- Use a different type of pesto, such as sun-dried tomato or basil.
- Add some chopped bacon or pancetta for extra flavor.
6. Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
Ah, the classic antipasto salad.
It’s a staple at every Italian restaurant, and for good reason – it’s absolutely delicious.
This version is packed with all of my favorite things: salami, mozzarella, olives, roasted red peppers, and a simple homemade vinaigrette.
But the best part about this salad is that it’s so versatile.
If you’re not a fan of one of the ingredients, simply leave it out or swap it for something else.
Here are a few ideas:
- Try different types of salami or cheese.
- Add in some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Swap the roasted red peppers for artichoke hearts or sun-dried tomatoes.
7. Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
If those regular old white potatoes are starting to bore you, mix things up with this sweet potato kale salad.
The sweet potatoes add a lovely sweetness and creaminess to the dish, while the kale provides a pleasant bitterness and crunch.
And the dressing! Oh, the dressing. A creamy honey mustard that ties everything together perfectly.
You could switch things up by:
- Using different greens in place of the kale (spinach or arugula would be lovely)
- Adding some crumbled feta or goat cheese for extra creaminess
- Swapping out the sweet potatoes for roasted beets or roasted cauliflower
- Using a different type of mustard in the dressing (Dijon would be nice)
- Adding some chopped apples or pears for sweetness and crunch
8. Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Who in their right mind doesn’t love bacon?
It makes everything better, especially this ranch pasta salad.
The smoky, salty bacon pairs so well with the creamy dressing and tender pasta.
And the best part is that it can be made ahead of time, which makes it perfect for potlucks and BBQs.
To switch things up, you could:
- Add in some diced cooked chicken or ham.
- Stir in a can of drained and rinsed black beans or kidney beans.
- Use rotini or shells instead of elbow noodles.
- Make it a bit healthier by using whole wheat pasta and low-fat ranch dressing.
9. Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
Beets are amazing. They add color, sweetness, and earthiness to this salad, while the goat cheese provides creaminess and tang.
The balsamic dressing ties everything together perfectly.
This salad is so simple, yet so impressive. It would be perfect for a dinner party or a casual weeknight meal.
Here are a few ways you could switch things up:
- Try roasted carrots or sweet potatoes in place of the beets.
- Swap out the goat cheese for feta or blue cheese.
- Add some chopped nuts or seeds for a little crunch.
- Throw in some dried fruit for sweetness.
- Top with grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak for extra protein.
10. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Don’t be fooled by how simple this salad is – it’s packed with flavor and texture, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to lamb.
I love to use chickpeas as the base for this salad because they’re so hearty and filling, but you could easily swap them out for another type of bean or lentil.
To make this salad even more interesting, try adding:
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, mint, or basil.
- Some crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- Diced avocado.
- Sliced almonds or pine nuts.
- A drizzle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
11. Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Healthy, nutritious, and full of flavor, this kale cranberry quinoa salad is a great way to round out any meal.
The quinoa and kale provide a hearty base, while the dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness.
To make this salad even more filling, you could:
- Add some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Stir in a can of chickpeas or white beans for extra fiber and nutrients.
- Switch up the dressing – balsamic vinegar would be delicious!
- Top with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese for extra creaminess.
What Salad Goes With Pesto Pasta? 10 Best Salads
What to Serve with Strawberry Spinach Salad? 10 Best Sides
What Salad Goes With Teriyaki Chicken? 10 Best Salads
What Salad Goes With Fish Cakes? 15 Best Salads
What Salad Goes with Balsamic Vinaigrette? (11 Salads)
11 Salads That Go With Prime Rib
What Salad Dressing Goes with Feta Cheese? (18 Dressings)
What Salad Dressing Goes with Teriyaki Chicken? (15 Options)
What Dressing Goes with Chef Salad? (11 Awesome Dressings)
What Dressing Goes with Tuna Salad? (11 Dressings)
What Salad Goes with Lamb? (11 Flavorful Salads)
- Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Pick any of the salads from this list to serve with your lamb dish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!