If you’re wondering what sauce goes with lemon pepper chicken, you’re in luck!
There are a variety of delicious sauces that pair perfectly with this delicious dish.
From creamy to spicy, these 11 sauces bring out the bright flavor of lemon pepper chicken and make it even more enjoyable.
See Also: What Cheese Goes with Lemon Pepper Chicken? (12 Cheeses)
Read on to discover the perfect sauces to go with your next lemon pepper chicken meal!
1. Romesco Sauce
Made with roasted red peppers and fire-roasted tomatoes, Romesco Sauce is a unique, Spanish-inspired sauce that’s perfect for pairing with lemon pepper chicken.
Its smoky, nutty flavor and creamy texture creates a delicious combination with the zesty flavor of lemon pepper seasoning.
Here are some creative twists to make this sauce extra special:
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika for a hint of sweetness
- Add in some fresh herbs like basil or parsley for an herbal finish
- Mix in some Parmesan cheese for a salty, cheesy kick
- Add some garlic and onion for a savory flavor
Pro Tip: For a vegan version, replace the Parmesan cheese with vegan cheese shreds or nutritional yeast.
2. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Everyone in my family goes bonkers for my lemon pepper chicken, and I always like to pair it with a special sauce to take the flavor to the next level.
Creamy Mushroom Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to this dish, and it’s easy to whip up in no time.
Here are some creative twists you can make to this sauce that will perfectly pair with your lemon pepper chicken:
- Try adding white wine to the sauce for a richer, more complex flavor.
- Mix in some fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary for an herbal aroma.
- Add some grated parmesan cheese for a nutty and salty flavor.
- For a smoky flavor, add in some smoked paprika.
My pro tip: Keep the sauce warm while you cook the chicken, and then pour it over the chicken when it’s done. The heat from the chicken will help the sauce thicken up and bring out the flavors even more. Enjoy!
3. Peanut Sauce
Thai-inspired peanut sauce with simple ingredients (what could be better?) is the perfect accompaniment to lemon pepper chicken.
Its nutty flavor complements the tartness of the lemon pepper seasoning, making it a delicious pairing.
Here are a few creative twists you can make to the peanut sauce to make it your own:
- Add a bit of lime juice and chili flakes for a spicy and tangy kick
- Try adding a few tablespoons of honey for a sweet and savory flavor
- Stir in a few tablespoons of soy sauce for a salty and umami flavor
- Mix in some sesame oil for an aromatic and nutty flavor
A pro tip for making the perfect peanut sauce is to use a high-quality peanut butter for the best results. Natural peanut butter with no additives will give your sauce an extra nutty flavor that’s sure to be a hit. Enjoy!
4. Vegan Spinach Pesto
This recipe uses nutritional yeast instead of cheese to make it completely vegan, yet it still packs a punch of flavor.
Try my vegan spinach pesto sauce to bring out the zesty notes of your lemon pepper chicken.
It’s a perfect combination!
Here are some creative twists to this sauce:
- Add a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce to give it a subtle kick
- Mix in some cooked quinoa or cooked brown rice for an extra boost of texture
- Sprinkle some toasted pine nuts on top for a crunchy contrast
Pro tip: Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a later date. You won’t regret it!
5. Creamy Cilantro Sauce
It takes just 5 minutes to make this creamy cilantro sauce that perfectly complements the bold lemon pepper seasoning on your chicken.
This sauce is packed with flavor and just the right amount of tang to make your chicken dish sing.
Here are some creative twists you can make to the sauce:
- Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for a creamy and sharp flavor
- Mix in some freshly grated garlic for a more complex flavor
- Stir in some diced jalapeños for a heat kick
- Top the sauce off with some finely chopped fresh parsley for added color
Pro tip: For a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the mix and let it simmer for a few minutes before serving.
6. Tomato Salsa
This restaurant style salsa is fresh, flavorful and healthy, making it the perfect accompaniment for lemon pepper seasoning.
The bright and vibrant flavors of the tomato salsa perfectly balance out the sharp and acidic notes of the lemon pepper seasoning.
Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Here are some creative twists you can make to the recipe that will enhance the flavor of your dish:
- Add some diced jalapenos for a bit of extra heat
- For a smoky flavor, try adding some smoked paprika
- Add some diced onions for a bit of crunch
- For a tangy flavor, add some freshly squeezed lime juice
Pro tip: For an even more flavorful salsa, try roasting the tomatoes in the oven before adding them to the salsa. This will bring out their natural sweetness and intensify the flavor.
7. Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Delightfully delectable with lemon, garlic, and chickpeas, roasted red pepper sauce is the perfect accompaniment to lemon pepper seasoning.
The sauce has a zesty and savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the sharp and zesty notes of the seasoning.
Here are some creative twists you can make to this sauce to make it even more flavorful:
- Add a spoonful of honey and a pinch of cumin for a sweet and earthy flavor
- Mix in a tablespoon of pesto for a creamy and herby flavor
- Stir in some crumbled feta cheese for a rich and salty flavor
My pro tip for making this sauce even better is to add a splash of balsamic vinegar for a pop of tanginess that complements the lemon pepper seasoning. Enjoy!
8. Chimichurri Sauce
This Argentinian chimichurri sauce is a fresh parsley and cilantro salsa that pairs perfectly with lemon pepper seasoning.
It’s packed full of zesty flavor, and the brightness of the herbs really brings out the tartness of the lemon pepper seasoning.
Here are some creative twists to try:
- Add some diced tomatoes and red onion for more of a salsa-like texture.
- Add a few tablespoons of lemon juice for a more citrusy flavor.
- Drizzle over roasted vegetables for a bright and flavorful side dish.
- Use as a marinade for grilled meats or fish.
Pro tip: Make sure to use fresh herbs for the best flavor. You can also add in some garlic and chili peppers for an extra kick!
This recipe is so easy to make and tastes amazing with the zesty citrus and peppery flavors of lemon pepper seasoning.
Tzatziki is a Greek sauce made with yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and salt that pairs perfectly with the sharp tang of lemon pepper seasoning.
Here are some creative twists you can make to this sauce:
- Add in some fresh dill to give it some added depth and a unique flavor
- Swap out the cucumber for zucchini and add some mint for a fresh, summery twist
- Add some crumbled feta cheese for a salty, creamy texture
- Mix in some roasted red peppers for a hint of sweetness
One pro tip: use Greek yogurt for the best flavor and texture. Enjoy!
10. Teriyaki Sauce
Skip buying it in the store (or ordering takeout) and make your own teriyaki sauce to pair with your lemon pepper seasoning.
It’s an easy way to turn your favorite dish into something extraordinary!
Here are some creative twists you can make to the sauce:
- Add a bit of fresh ginger for a punch of flavor and a spicy kick
- Mix in some diced pineapple for a tropical twist
- Use garlic powder for an extra depth of flavor
- Add a bit of honey for a touch of sweetness
My pro tip: If you want to make the sauce even more flavorful, try simmering it with a few drops of sesame oil. Enjoy!
11. Blender Hollandaise
Hollandaise sauce is a classic creamy sauce that pairs perfectly with lemon pepper seasoning.
It’s rich, buttery, and velvety smooth, making it a great complement to the sharp and zesty flavors of the seasoning.
Plus, there are plenty of creative twists you can make to this sauce to add even more flavor.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add a dash of garlic powder or fresh minced garlic for a garlicky flavor
- Stir in a tablespoon of Dijon mustard for a mild kick
- Add a splash of white wine for a hint of acidity
- Mix in a spoonful of grated Parmesan cheese for an extra cheesy flavor
- Stir in a teaspoon of hot sauce for a spicy kick
Pro Tip: If you’re looking for a quick and easy version of Hollandaise sauce, you can use a blender. Simply combine your ingredients in the blender and process until creamy and smooth. Enjoy!
What Sauce to Serve with Spanakopita (10 Best Sauces)
15 Best Sauces for Shrimp Pasta
11 Easy Sauces that Go with Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Romesco Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Vegan Spinach Pesto
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Tomato Salsa
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Blender Hollandaise
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your chicken meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!