If you’re looking for a delicious way to dress up your sausage tortellini, then you’ve come to the right place.
I’m sharing 14 of the best sauces that go great with sausage tortellini.
From a simple marinara sauce to a creamy Alfredo sauce, there’s something for everyone.
So if you’re wondering what sauce to serve with your sausage tortellini, look no further!
What Sauce Goes with Sausage Tortellini?
There are many sauces that go well with sausage tortellini, such as Alfredo sauce, olive oil and garlic sauce, tomato sauce, cream sauce, or even a simple butter and herb sauce. For a more festive dish, you could try a pumpkin sauce or a sage and apple sauce.
Still looking for ideas?
Then simply keep scrolling!
1. BBQ Sauce
BBQ sauce is known for its sweet, smoky, and tangy flavor.
It is made with tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, spices, and sometimes fruit.
The sauce is used as a marinade or basting for meat, poultry, and vegetables.
It can also be used as a dipping sauce or condiment.
BBQ sauce adds a delicious flavor to sausage tortellini and takes it to the next level.
2. Chimichurri Sauce
This sauce has a bright green color and a fresh, herby flavor.
It’s perfect for dressing up sausage tortellini!
Chimichurri sauce is made with parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve over cooked sausage tortellini and enjoy!
3. Au Jus (no drippings necessary)
If you’re feeling a little fancy, try your hand at making a quick au jus to top your sausage tortellini.
All you need is some beef broth, a splash of red wine, and a touch of soy sauce.
- Bring the broth to a simmer and then add the wine and soy sauce to taste.
- Pour it over your tortellini and enjoy!
4. Creamy Horseradish Sauce
If you like the bold flavor of horseradish, you’ll love this creamy horseradish sauce.
It’s perfect for dipping sausage tortellini or smothering grilled chicken.
- To make the sauce, simply combine mayonnaise, sour cream, prepared horseradish, and Dijon mustard.
- Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
For a little extra zing, add a splash of hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
5. Marinara Sauce
Marinara is a very popular sauce that can be used on many different types of food.
It is a tomato-based sauce that is usually made with garlic, onions, and herbs.
Marinara sauce goes great with sausage tortellini because the sausage adds a lot of flavor to the sauce.
The tortellini also absorb the flavors of the sauce very well.
6. Alfredo Sauce
If you prefer your sauce to be thick, creamy, and cheesy, then Alfredo sauce is the way to go.
A classic Italian sauce made with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, Alfredo sauce is simple yet incredibly flavorful.
Toss it with your favorite pasta or use it as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
For an extra special treat, add a dollop of Alfredo sauce to your next pizza!
7. Pesto Sauce
Pesto has quite a strong and unique flavor.
It’s made with basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil.
If you’ve never had it before, I would start by trying a small amount mixed in with your tortellini.
You can always add more if you want a stronger flavor.
I also like to add a little bit of pesto to my tomato sauce for an extra zing.
8. Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
Maybe you want something spicy to really wake up your taste buds.
In that case, you need to try this Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce!
It’s made with crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic, onion, and a whole bunch of spices like chili flakes, smoked paprika, oregano, and more.
Just a heads up – this sauce is not for the faint of heart!
But if you can handle the heat, it’s absolutely delicious.
9. Garlic Butter Sauce
This sauce is super simple to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Butter, garlic, salt, and pepper are all you need to make this delicious sauce.
I like to add a little bit of lemon juice to brighten it up and some crushed red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
You could also add some chopped fresh parsley or basil for an extra pop of flavor.
This sauce is great on so many things!
Toss it with some pasta, use it as a dipping sauce for bread, or drizzle it over roasted vegetables.
10. Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
How do you feel about lemony, garlicky, buttery goodness?
If you’re like me, then you’re all for it!
This Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce is the perfect way to take your sausage tortellini to the next level.
The best part is that it’s so easy to make!
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cream until smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately over cooked sausage tortellini.
11. Cheese Sauce
Any true cheese lover knows that a good cheese sauce can make or break a dish.
If you’re looking to take your sausage tortellini to the next level, consider adding a cheese sauce to the mix.
A simple cheese sauce can be made with just a few ingredients and doesn’t require any cooking — simply whisk together some milk, grated cheese, and cornstarch (to thicken) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour it over your tortellini and enjoy!
12. Bolognese Sauce
If you’re looking for a filling sauce for your tortellini that’s packed with flavor, look no further than Bolognese sauce.
This classic Italian sauce is made with ground meat, tomatoes, and a variety of herbs and spices.
It’s hearty and rich, and pairs perfectly with tortellini.
- To make Bolognese sauce, start by browning some ground beef (or pork) in a large pot.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add in diced onions and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Then, add in a can of crushed tomatoes, along with some tomato paste, salt, pepper, and your favorite Italian herbs.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Once the sauce is done cooking, simply toss it with your cooked tortellini and enjoy!
13. Gorgonzola Sauce
Gorgonzola is known for its strong, pungent flavor, but when it’s melted into a sauce, it becomes smooth and creamy with a slight tang.
It’s the perfect finishing touch for sausage tortellini — the richness of the cheese complements the hearty sausage filling perfectly.
Best of all, this sauce comes together in just minutes using only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
So next time you’re looking for a way to take your weeknight dinner from good to great, give this gorgonzola sauce a try!
14. Mushroom Sauce
Mushroom sauce has been a favorite of mine ever since I was a kid.
My mom would make it with beef stroganoff and I would always beg for extra.
Nowadays, I like to use it on sausage tortellini and it takes the dish to a whole new level.
The key to a good mushroom sauce is to cook the mushrooms until they’re nice and brown.
This will give the sauce a deep flavor that can’t be beat.
I also like to add a bit of thyme for an extra herby flavor.
If you want to make things even easier, you can use pre-sliced mushrooms.
Just be sure to give them a good rinse before adding them to the pan.
What Sauce Goes with Sausage Tortellini? (14 Sauces)
- BBQ Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Au Jus (no drippings necessary)
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Cheese Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your tortellini meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!