If you are looking for a delicious seafood pasta dish, then you have to try shrimp and crab ravioli.
It is a mouthwatering dish that is perfect for a special dinner or date night.
The best part about this dish is that it is so versatile and there are so many different sauces that you can pair with it.
So if you are wondering ‘what sauce to use with shrimp and crab ravioli‘, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 10 of the best sauces for shrimp and crab ravioli including Alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, tomato sauce, cream sauce, and more.
What Sauce Goes with Shrimp and Crab Ravioli?
When looking for a sauce to pair with shrimp and crab ravioli, you’ll want something that is light and won’t overpower the delicate flavors of the seafood. A good option is a simple garlic butter sauce, or a white wine sauce with fresh herbs. If you want something with a little more zing, you can try a tomato-based sauce with capers or olives.
Still looking for ideas?
Then simply keep reading!
Marinara is a classic sauce that is perfect for seafood ravioli.
This sauce is made with olive oil, garlic, whole peeled tomatoes, and red pepper flakes.
The olive oil and garlic add a nice depth of flavor, while the tomatoes provide a fresh acidity.
The red pepper flakes give the sauce a bit of heat, but you can adjust the amount to suit your taste.
Parmesan cheese is also added to this sauce, which gives it a nice salty flavor.
If you don’t have Parmesan cheese on hand, you could substitute with another type of cheese or even leave it out altogether.
To make this sauce, simply combine all of the ingredients in a pot and simmer for about 30 minutes.
You can then either serve the sauce as is or use an immersion blender to blend it until smooth.
For a twist on this classic recipe, you could try adding some chopped fresh basil leaves to the sauce before serving.
If you prefer a thick and creamy kind of sauce, then you’ll love Alfredo sauce.
A classic Alfredo sauce is made with heavy cream, parmesan cheese, butter, and garlic.
This combination creates a rich and flavorful sauce that takes shrimp and crab ravioli to the next level.
If you’re looking for a lighter version of this sauce, you can substitute milk for the heavy cream.
You can also use low-fat cheese or even vegan cheese to make a healthier version of the sauce.
- To make this sauce, simply melt the butter in a pan and then add the garlic.
- Next, add the heavy cream (or milk) and bring it to a simmer.
- Finally, add the parmesan cheese and stir until it’s melted.
For a bit of extra flavor, you could also add some black pepper or red pepper flakes.
3. Pesto Sauce
Pesto has a strong taste of basil, which many people find addicting.
It’s also made with Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts.
Pesto is a very versatile sauce that can be used on pasta, pizza, chicken, fish, vegetables, and so much more.
One of my favorite ways to use pesto is on shrimp and crab ravioli.
The pesto adds a nice zesty flavor to the ravioli and really takes it to the next level.
If you don’t have all of the ingredients for pesto on hand, there are some substitutes you can make.
For example, you could use walnuts or almonds in place of the pine nuts.
You could also use cilantro in place of the basil.
To make pesto sauce, simply combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
If you want to spice things up a bit, you could add some red pepper flakes to the sauce.
Some people prefer something spicy, and if you’re one of those people, this Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce is for you.
This sauce takes your shrimp and crab ravioli to the next level with its combination of spice and creaminess.
The tomato sauce provides a flavorful base, while the heavy cream adds a richness that is balanced out by the parmesan cheese.
A touch of olive oil and red chili flakes give this sauce its signature heat.
If you can’t find Marinara sauce, you can substitute it with tomato soup or even ketchup.
Heavy cream can be replaced with evaporated milk or half and half.
As for the parmesan cheese, you could use any type of hard cheese that you have on hand.
- To make this sauce, simply combine all of the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and stir until well combined.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened to your desired consistency.
For an extra bit of spice, you could add some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce.
If you have some white wine lying around, this garlic butter sauce is the perfect way to use it.
The sauce is incredibly easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
The sauce is also versatile and can be used on a variety of different dishes.
In addition to shrimp and crab ravioli, this sauce would also be great on chicken, fish, or pasta.
- To make the sauce, simply melt butter in a pan and then add garlic and white wine.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
You could also add some lemon juice for extra flavor.
For a bit of a twist, try adding some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce for a bit of heat.
6. Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
If you like a little lemony zing with your seafood pasta, this creamy garlic lemon butter sauce is just the thing.
The sauce is made with white wine, lemon, heavy cream, butter, and garlic.
It’s rich and creamy, with a beautiful balance of acidity and sweetness.
The sauce also has a bit of a bite from the garlic, which pairs perfectly with shrimp and crab ravioli.
If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can substitute chicken broth or even water.
You can also use bottled lemon juice in place of fresh lemon juice.
I usually make this sauce in just a few minutes, right before I add the ravioli to the pot of boiling water.
- To make the sauce, simply melt butter in a pan and then add garlic and lemon juice.
- Next, add the white wine (or chicken broth/water) and heavy cream.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
For a twist on this recipe, you can add a bit of red chili flakes to the sauce.
The chili flakes will add a bit of heat to the sauce, which is a nice contrast to the rich and creamy sauce.
7. Cheese Sauce
Any true cheese lover knows that there is nothing better than a creamy cheese sauce.
This sauce is the perfect way to take your shrimp and crab ravioli to the next level.
The sauce is made with crumbled blue cheese, butter, milk, and plain flour.
You could also use cheddar cheese, Gruyere cheese, or even cream cheese.
The sauce is quite easy to make, and only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
- To make the sauce, simply melt butter in a pan and then add milk and flour.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth and then add the crumbled blue cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For a bit of extra flavor, you could also add some garlic or shallot to the pan when you’re melting the butter.
Bolognese adds a filling, robust flavor to shrimp and crab ravioli that takes it from good to great.
This sauce is traditionally made with ground beef and pork, pancetta, white wine, and chicken broth.
If you can’t find pancetta, bacon makes a good substitute.
And if you’re looking for a vegetarian option, mushrooms make a great stand-in for the meat.
Making Bolognese sauce is fairly easy.
- Simply sauté the pancetta (or bacon) in a large pot or Dutch oven until it’s crisp.
- Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Next, add the ground beef and pork (or mushrooms) to the pot and cook until browned.
- Once the meat is browned, add the white wine and chicken broth.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Finish it off by stirring in some chopped parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
For an extra special touch, you could add a dollop of heavy cream when you serve the sauce over the ravioli.
If you like interesting flavors and want to experiment with your cooking, then you’ll love this gorgonzola sauce.
Gorgonzola cheese is a type of blue cheese that has a sharp, pungent flavor.
When combined with butter and garlic, it creates a sauce that is both flavorful and rich.
This sauce is the perfect finishing touch to shrimp and crab ravioli.
The acidity of the gorgonzola cuts through the richness of the ravioli, while the butter adds a velvety texture.
- To make this sauce, simply melt butter in a pan and then add garlic and green onion.
- Next, add crumbled gorgonzola cheese and black pepper to taste.
For a bit of extra flavor, you could also add some white wine or lemon juice.
This sauce is perfect for a date night in or a casual gathering with friends.
10. Mushroom Sauce
Mushroom sauce has always been one of my absolute favorite sauces for any type of pasta.
It’s rich, creamy, and packed with flavor.
This particular sauce is made with white wine, mushrooms, parmesan, olive oil, and thickened cream.
If you’re looking for a bit of a lighter sauce, you could substitute the cream for milk.
You could also use any type of mushroom that you like.
I personally love to use a mix of different kinds of mushrooms.
- To make this sauce, simply sauté your mushrooms in some olive oil until they’re nice and soft.
- Then add the white wine and let it cook until it’s reduced by half.
- After that, add the cream (or milk) and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For an extra special touch, you could add a dollop of truffle oil when you serve it.
What Sauce Goes with Shrimp and Crab Ravioli? (10 Sauces)
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Cheese Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- Pick any sauce from this article to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!