Honey mustard chicken is a delicious, easy, and healthy weeknight meal.
And it’s even better when served with the perfect side dish!
So if you are wondering what to serve with honey mustard chicken, whether you are looking for a vegetable side dish, a potato side dish, or something else, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 12 of the best sides to serve with honey mustard chicken including roasted vegetables, salads, rice dishes, pasta dishes, and more.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken?
There are many sides that go well with honey mustard chicken. Some popular choices include roasted potatoes, green beans, carrots, and even a simple salad. For a more filling meal, you could also add in some rice or quinoa.
Still looking for ideas?
Then just keep scrolling!
Here are 12 side dishes that go with honey mustard chicken:
1. Roasted Red Potatoes
These delicious roasted red potatoes are the perfect side dish to serve with honey mustard chicken.
They are so easy to make and can be on the table in no time!
I like to add a little bit of garlic and onion powder to my potatoes before roasting them, as it really brings out the flavor.
Then, I simply roast them in the oven until they are nice and crispy.
One of the best things about this side dish is that it is very versatile.
You can easily add or remove ingredients to suit your taste.
For example, if you don’t like garlic you can simply leave it out.
Or, if you want a little bit more of a kick you could add some cayenne pepper.
Another great thing about this side dish is that it can be served hot or cold.
So, if you have leftovers you can simply reheat them or enjoy them at room temperature.
This side dish is sure to please everyone at the table!
2. Homemade Biscuits
You don’t have to be an expert baker to make delicious and flaky biscuits from scratch.
This recipe is so easy that anyone can do it, and the results are definitely worth the effort.
My twist on this classic side dish is to add a little bit of honey to the biscuit dough.
This gives the biscuits a subtle sweetness that pairs perfectly with the savory and tangy honey mustard chicken.
Here are my three tips for making perfect homemade biscuits:
- Use cold butter: This will help create those signature flaky layers in your biscuits.
- Don’t over-mix: Stir just until the ingredients are combined – too much stirring will make tough biscuits.
- Bake at a high temperature: This will help the biscuits rise and get nice and golden brown on top.
Serve these warm, straight out of the oven, with a big dollop of honey on top.
Coleslaw isn’t just for BBQ parties and potlucks anymore!
This classic side dish is the perfect pairing for my honey mustard chicken recipe.
Coleslaw is a great way to add some crunch and freshness to your meal, and it’s so easy to make.
You can use store-bought coleslaw mix or make your own with shredded cabbage and carrots.
For a unique twist, I like to add diced apples or raisins to my coleslaw.
Here are three tips for making and serving coleslaw:
- Be sure to chill the coleslaw before serving. This will help it stay crisp and refreshing.
- Add the dressing (I like to use a mixture of mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey mustard) just before serving. This will prevent the coleslaw from getting soggy.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your ingredients! Try adding diced fruit, nuts, or even crumbled bacon for extra flavor.
4. Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
If you like your muffins with a little bit of spice, then you’ll love these Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins!
They have just the right amount of heat from the jalapeños, and the cheddar cheese gives them a nice sharp flavor.
These muffins are perfect for serving alongside honey mustard chicken.
The sweetness of the honey mustard pairs perfectly with the spiciness of the jalapeños and the sharpness of the cheddar.
And, corn muffins are always a hit!
They’re fluffy and moist, and they soak up all the delicious sauce from the chicken.
Here are three tips for making these Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins:
- Be sure to use fresh jalapeños for best results. If you can’t find fresh jalapeños, you can substitute canned diced jalapeños. Just be sure to drain them well before adding them to the batter.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese for maximum flavor. You could also use extra sharp cheddar if you really want a cheesy kick!
- These muffins are best served warm, so be sure to reheat them before serving. You can reheat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or in a 350-degree oven for about 5 minutes.
5. Cucumber Tomato Salad
If simplicity is your thing, then this cucumber tomato salad is the perfect side dish for your honey mustard chicken.
The cool and refreshing flavors of the cucumber and tomato are a perfect compliment to the rich and creamy honey mustard sauce.
And, this salad couldn’t be easier to make.
- Simply combine diced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, a little bit of red onion, and your favorite vinaigrette. I like to use a balsamic vinaigrette, but any light dressing will do.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Here are a few tips for making this salad:
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. Cucumbers and tomatoes are always best when they’re in season.
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-cut vegetables from the grocery store. Just be sure to give them a good rinse before adding them to the salad.
- This salad is best served cold or at room temperature. So if you’re making it ahead of time, be sure to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving.
6. Crisp Smashed Potatoes
I don’t know about you, but I love something crispy and salty with my chicken.
This side dish is the perfect combination of those two things!
Crisp Smashed Potatoes are so easy to make and they go great with honey mustard chicken.
All you need are some small red potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, wash your potatoes and slice them in half.
- After that, add the potatoes to a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Make sure each potato is coated in oil.
- Then, season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re crispy and golden brown.
- Once they’re done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
These potatoes are the perfect side dish for honey mustard chicken because they complement the flavors so well.
The sweetness of the honey mustard pairs perfectly with the savory potatoes.
And, like I said before, something crispy goes great with chicken!
7. Oven-Roasted Asparagus
Turn on your oven! It’s time to make some roasted asparagus to go with your delicious honey mustard chicken.
This is a great side dish because it’s quick and easy to make, and it’s healthy too.
And, my unique twist on this recipe will take your meal to the next level.
Here’s how to make the perfect oven-roasted asparagus:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before you start cooking anything else. This will help ensure that your asparagus cooks evenly.
- Cut the asparagus into pieces that are about two inches long. This way, they’ll fit perfectly on a baking sheet and cook evenly throughout.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over the asparagus pieces before putting them in the oven. This will give them a nice flavor and help them crisp up nicely in the oven.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until they’re tender but still have a bit of a bite to them.
- Serve immediately alongside your honey mustard chicken for a delicious and healthy meal!
8. Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Your sweet tooth is going to love these glazed carrots!
This side dish is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and it’s so easy to make.
- First, you’ll need to peel and slice your carrots into thin pieces.
- Then, you’ll cook them in a mixture of water, brown sugar, and butter until they’re nice and soft.
- Once they’re done cooking, you’ll add a touch of honey mustard to the glaze. This will give the carrots a delicious flavor that pairs perfectly with our honey mustard chicken.
- Finally, you’ll want to garnish the carrots with some fresh parsley before serving.
This will give them a beautiful pop of color and some extra flavor as well.
These brown sugar-glazed carrots are the perfect side dish for any meal!
9. Classic Macaroni Salad
This is a great family-friendly side dish that can be made ahead of time and served cold or at room temperature.
It’s perfect for summer picnics, potlucks, and barbecues.
My macaroni salad has a unique twist – I add in some chopped-up chicken to make it a complete meal.
You can use rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, or even canned chicken.
Just make sure to chop it up into small pieces so that it mixes well with the salad.
Here’s how to do it:
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- Once they’re cooked, rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent them from getting mushy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked noodles, chopped chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
10. Spinach Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Feta
If you want to serve something healthy and flavorful with your honey mustard chicken, look no further than this spinach salad.
It’s packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like spinach, apples, walnuts, and feta cheese.
The sweetness of the apples pairs perfectly with the tangy honey mustard dressing, while the feta and walnuts add a nice salty crunch.
Here are a few tips for making this side dish:
- Be sure to chop the apples into small pieces so they don’t overwhelm the salad.
- If you’re using pre-packaged spinach, give it a good rinse before adding it to the mix.
- And finally, don’t forget to top it off with a generous sprinkling of feta cheese!
11. Spanish Rice
Simple, delicious, and satisfying, Spanish rice is the perfect side dish to serve with honey mustard chicken.
This dish is traditionally made with white rice, but I like to use brown rice for added nutrition.
I also like to add in some veggies, like diced tomatoes, corn, and green onions.
For an extra bit of flavor, I’ll sometimes add in a little bit of cumin or smoked paprika.
- To make this dish, simply cook the rice according to package directions.
- Then, stir in the diced tomatoes, corn, and green onions.
- Season with cumin and smoked paprika (or any other seasonings you like), and serve.
12. Parmesan Orzo and Peas
I love parmesan in any dish, but it really shines in this orzo dish.
Orzo is a type of pasta that is shaped like a large grain of rice.
It’s a versatile pasta that can be used in soups, salads, or main dishes.
For this recipe, I cook the orzo in chicken broth until it’s al dente.
Then, I stir in some parmesan cheese and peas.
The result is a delicious and cheesy side dish that goes great with honey mustard chicken!
Here are three tips for preparing and serving this side dish:
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese after cooking.
- Add the peas just before serving.
What Vegetables Go with Honey Mustard Chicken?
Some great vegetables to pair with honey mustard chicken include roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, sauteed green beans, and roasted Brussels sprouts. For a more complete meal, you could also add a side of rice or quinoa.
What Wine Goes with Honey Mustard Chicken?
Honey mustard chicken pairs well with white wines that are on the sweeter side, such as Riesling or Moscato. You could also go for a sparkling wine or champagne to add a bit of refreshment to the dish. If you prefer red wine, Pinot Noir is a good option.
What Herb Goes with Honey Mustard Chicken?
Honey mustard chicken pairs well with many different herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, and basil. You can also experiment with other flavors, such as garlic or ginger.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs?
Honey mustard chicken thighs pair well with a variety of sides. Some examples include roasted potatoes, sauteed green beans, roasted carrots, or a simple salad.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken Wings?
Honey mustard chicken wings are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or main dish. They are usually served with a dipping sauce on the side. Some popular dipping sauces for honey mustard chicken wings include ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken Salad?
Honey mustard chicken salad pairs well with many different side dishes. Some good options include roasted vegetables, a simple green salad, quinoa or rice, and crusty bread.
What Sauce Goes with Honey Mustard Chicken?
There are a few sauces that go well with honey mustard chicken. One is a simple mixture of honey and mustard, which can be adjusted to taste. Another is a white wine sauce, which goes well with the sweetness of the honey. Finally, a BBQ sauce or hot sauce can be added to give the dish a bit of a kick.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken? (12 Sides)
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Homemade Biscuits
- Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Crisp Smashed Potatoes
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Spinach Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Feta
- Spanish Rice
- Parmesan Orzo and Peas
- Pick any of the sides from this list to serve with your honey mustard chicken.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!