Honey mustard pork tenderloin is a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for a weeknight meal.
But what side dishes should you serve with it?
The best sides to serve with honey mustard pork tenderloin are ones that will balance out the sweetness of the sauce. Try serving it with roasted potatoes, sauteed kale, or even a simple salad.
In this post, I’ve rounded up 10 of the best side dishes to serve with honey mustard pork tenderloin.
See Also: What Salad Goes With Pork Tenderloin? 10 Best Salads
Whether you are looking for a vegetable side, a potato side, or something else entirely, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these side dishes a try the next time you make honey mustard pork tenderloin!
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin?
Some common sides that go well with honey mustard pork tenderloin are roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed kale, roasted Brussels sprouts, and roasted carrots. For a starchier option, you could also serve it with mashed potatoes or rice.
As for the type of rice, it depends on what other flavors are in the dish. If the dish is on the sweeter side, you could go for white rice. If the dish has more savory flavors, you could opt for brown rice or wild rice.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 10 sides that go well with honey mustard pork tenderloin:
1. Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
This one is pretty easy, roasted garlic potatoes go great with honey mustard pork tenderloin!
The key to making this dish even better is to add some extra flavor to the potatoes.
One way to do this is by using butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
These three ingredients will give the potatoes a lot of flavor and make them even more delicious.
Another way to add extra flavor is to use different herbs and spices on the potatoes.
Some good options include rosemary, thyme, oregano, or even just some simple salt and pepper.
2. Sweet Potato Fries
Crispy, delicious, and sweet, sweet potato fries are the perfect side dish to complement honey mustard pork tenderloin.
Not only do they add a lovely sweetness and contrast to the savory pork, but they’re also super easy to make.
Simply slice up some sweet potatoes into fry-shaped pieces, toss with a little oil and salt, and bake in a hot oven until crispy.
If you want to take your sweet potato fries up a notch (or three), here are three easy ways to do it:
- Add some spice by sprinkling on some chili powder, cumin, or paprika before baking.
- Give them a cheesy flavor boost by topping with grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled goat cheese before serving.
- Make them extra decadent by dipping in garlic aioli or honey mustard sauce. Mmm!
3. Sauteed Kale
Got a pan that’s crying for some action?
Toss in some kale!
This side dish is a delicious way to add some extra greens to your meal, and it goes great with honey mustard pork tenderloin.
Kale is a sturdy green, so it can withstand being sauteed without getting wilted or mushy.
To add extra flavor to this side dish, try these three things:
- Add some garlic. Garlic always makes things better, right? Just toss in a few cloves when you’re sauteing the kale.
- Use chicken broth instead of water. This will give the kale a little more flavor as it cooks.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Because everything is better with cheese!
4. Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These crispy, little roasted Brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for your honey mustard pork tenderloin.
They are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry and fridge.
All you need is some Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Simply toss the Brussels sprouts in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Then roast in a preheated oven until crispy.
The end result is a delicious, healthy side dish that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
And it pairs so perfectly with the pork tenderloin!
5. Maple Glazed Carrots
Got a sweet tooth that’s dying to be satisfied?
Then, you’ve got to try these maple glazed carrots!
See Also: 17 Best Herbs and Spices for Roasted Carrots
This side dish is the perfect balance of savory and sweet, and it goes great with honey mustard pork tenderloin.
To make this dish, you’ll need:
- 1 lb. of carrots
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Peel and slice carrots into thin pieces.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and maple syrup together until bubbling.
- Add salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet, and pour the maple syrup mixture over them. Be sure to evenly coat all the carrots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are as soft or firm as you like them.
- Serve immediately.
There are three ways you can add extra flavor to this dish:
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the maple syrup mixture for a little bit of heat.
- Try using brown sugar instead of white sugar for a deeper flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of orange juice to the maple syrup mixture for a touch of citrus.
6. Mashed Potatoes
This side dish is a classic for any meal, but it goes exceptionally well with pork tenderloin that has been cooked with a honey mustard glaze.
The potatoes are smooth and creamy, while the pork is slightly sweet with a savory edge from the mustard.
There are many ways that you can add extra flavor to your mashed potatoes:
- One way is to add in some shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Gruyere. This will give the potatoes a rich, cheesy flavor that pairs perfectly with the pork.
- Another way to add flavor is to stir in some sauteed onions or garlic. This will give the potatoes an extra depth of flavor that works beautifully with the sweetness of the honey mustard glaze.
- Finally, you could stir in some chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or parsley. This will brighten up the flavors of the dish and give it a freshness that complements the pork perfectly.
7. Creamy Tomato Risotto with Crispy Garlic Crumbs
Anything creamy is always welcome on my plate, especially when it’s as good as this creamy tomato risotto.
See Also: What Salad Goes With Risotto? 10 Best Salads
It’s the perfect accompaniment to the honey mustard pork tenderloin, and the crispy garlic crumbs take it over the top.
There are a few things you can do to add even more flavor to this already delicious side dish.
- First, try using chicken broth instead of water for a richer flavor.
- Second, up the ante on the garlic by adding an extra clove or two.
- And last, but not least, top it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
8. Southwest Quinoa Salad
How about a healthy and flavorful southwest quinoa salad to go with your honey mustard pork tenderloin?
This dish is packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, and it’s also incredibly delicious.
To make this salad even more flavorful, try adding some diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
These simple additions will take the flavors of this dish to the next level.
9. Pearl Couscous Salad with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Feta
If you’re feeling fancy, this pearl couscous salad is the way to go.
It’s light and refreshing, but still filling and satisfying.
The sweetness of the honey mustard pork tenderloin is perfectly balanced by the acidity of the tomatoes and feta, while the cucumbers add a lovely crunch.
There are endless ways to customize this dish.
You could swap out the couscous for quinoa or rice, add in some grilled chicken or shrimp, use goat cheese instead of feta, or throw in some Kalamata olives.
Get creative and make it your own!
10. Mediterranean Farro Salad
Simple, easy, and delicious, this Mediterranean Farro Salad is the perfect side dish to go with your honey mustard pork tenderloin.
The salad is full of healthy ingredients like farro, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
It is then tossed in a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano.
This salad can easily be made ahead of time and it only gets better as it sits, making it the perfect make-ahead side dish.
There are a few ways you can add extra flavor to this already flavorful salad.
Try adding in some chopped fresh parsley or mint for a bright pop of flavor.
Or, swap out the cherry tomatoes for sun-dried tomatoes for a deeper, richer flavor.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin? (10 Sides)
- Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Sauteed Kale
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Tomato Risotto with Crispy Garlic Crumbs
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Pearl Couscous Salad with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Feta
- Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Pick any of the sides from this list to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!