Chicken noodle soup is a classic winter dish that is loved by many people all over the world.
It is a warm, comforting bowl of soup that is perfect for cold days or evenings.
So, what bread goes well with chicken noodle soup?
Bread can be a great addition to chicken noodle soup because it provides carbs and flavor. Bread absorbs the flavor of the soup, so you can enjoy the broth and noodles without having to overpower them.
Plus, bread can also add some texture to the dish. You can choose from many different types of bread when it comes to pairing chicken noodle soup – from French baguette slices to Italian loafs.
In this article, I have included 15 bread ideas that go well with chicken noodle soup.
21 Best Herbs And Spices For Chicken Noodle Soup
What Vegetables Go in Chicken Noodle Soup? (15 Vegetables)
10 Best Salads To Serve with Chicken Noodle Soup
Some of them are classics like toast or toast points, while others are more unique and you may not have tried before.
I hope you will find one or more of these recipes to your liking, and that you will enjoy drinking this comforting bowl of soup together with some delicious bread!
Why Consider Serving Bread with Chicken Noodle Soup?
Bread is a great way to add flavor and texture to chicken noodle soup.
It can also help thicken the soup and make it more filling.
Bread absorbs some of the liquids in the soup, so it helps to create a denser soup that is easier to swallow.
Bread can also be used as a vehicle for other ingredients, such as cheese or vegetables, which can give the soup a unique flavor profile.
Another reason to consider serving bread with this soup is that it can help to absorb excess fat from the meat.
If you are trying to lose weight or eat healthier, serving bread with chicken noodle soup is a great way to reduce your calorie intake without affecting the taste or texture of the soup.
What Bread Goes with Chicken Noodle Soup?
Bread can make or break any soup, so it is important to choose the right one for chicken noodle soup. The best options are dense and hearty breads that will soak up all the broth and flavors.
You can serve chicken noodle soup with white or wheat bread, but if you want something extra delicious and special, try serving it with brioche or challah.
Brioche is a type of French bread that has a chewy texture and a sweet flavor, while challah has a nutty flavor and is often braided.
If you are looking for some more creative ideas, then keep scrolling!
1. Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is a great way to add some flavor and texture to chicken noodle soup.
It can be served as an appetizer or as a main course.
To make garlic bread, you will need garlic cloves, bread dough, and an oven.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, spread a layer of garlic cloves on top of the bread dough.
- Bake the garlic bread in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Finally, ladle a bowl of chicken noodle soup into a bowl, and top with a slice of garlic bread.
2. Buttered Toast
When it comes to chicken noodle soup, there are few things better than a warm, soft piece of bread to soak up the delicious broth.
Buttered toast is the perfect accompaniment, providing a nice, crunchy texture and a delicious flavor that compliments the broth perfectly.
Serve the toast alongside the soup for a comforting meal that will fill you up and make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Here’s how you can make this bread in just minutes:
- Start by heating a large mug of butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until melted.
- Spread the melted butter on one side of a piece of bread, and then top with a ladleful of chicken noodle soup.
- Quickly sandwich the bread between the soup and the melted butter, and then cut into slices.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I know what you’re thinking.
Croissant in a chicken noodle soup?
But trust me, this combo is delicious!
First, the croissant adds a nice, fluffy texture to the soup.
Second, the croissant is also slightly salty and rich, which balances out the sweetness of the soup perfectly.
And finally, the croissant pairs perfectly with the chicken noodle soup because it’s hearty and filling.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, or something more special and unique, this combo is sure to hit the spot!
Here’s how to make a croissant from scratch:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the croissant dough on it.
- Cut the croissant dough into quarters, then cut each quarter into thirds.
- Bake the croissant dough for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve the croissant warm with the chicken noodle soup.
4. Pain Au Chocolat
This delicious soup is a perfect way to warm up on a cold winter day.
The chicken noodle soup is hearty and full of flavor, and the addition of a piece of pain au chocolat bread makes it even more satisfying.
The pain au chocolat is a classic French chocolate cake, and its crispy texture goes perfectly with the soup.
Here’s how to prepare pain au chocolat for this soup:
- First, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Then, cut the pain au chocolat into small pieces.
- Next, heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Cook the chocolate chips for about 3 minutes, or until they are melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, add the pain au chocolat and stir well.
- Cook the pain au chocolat for about 3 minutes, or until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- To serve, ladle the chicken noodle soup into bowls and top each bowl with a piece of pain au chocolat bread.
I’m sure you’ve tried a slice of ciabatta with your chicken noodle soup before – it’s a classic pairing that’s always delicious.
But I find that it goes even better when the bread is toasted, which gives it a bit of a crusty texture that pairs perfectly with the soup’s creamy and noodle-y flavors.
- To toast the ciabatta, first preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the bread into thick slices, and then place them on a baking sheet. Bake the bread for about 10-12 minutes, or until it is toasted and crispy.
- Once the bread is done toasting, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Then, serve it warm alongside a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
- Top the bread slices with shredded cheese, chopped scallions, or a drizzle of olive oil, and enjoy!
6. Parker House Rolls
These rolls are perfect for pairing with chicken noodle soup because they are hearty and have a nice, crusty exterior.
They are also easy to eat, as they are not too dense or heavy.
Simply slice the rolls and top them with the soup, and you are good to go.
7. White Bread
Although this bread isn’t the most healthy option, it does make for a tasty accompaniment.
The bread can help to soak up the broth and make the soup more flavorful.
Additionally, the bread can help to thicken the soup somewhat, so it’s a good choice for those who like their chicken noodle soup thick and hearty.
Here’s how to bake the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cubes are toasty and lightly browned.
- When it comes to serving the soup, you can either eat it as is, or ladle it into bowls and top with the cubes of bread.
8. Whole Wheat Bread
Whole wheat bread is the perfect vessel for chicken noodle soup.
The bread is hearty and satisfying, and it works well as a dip or sandwich bread.
Adding whole wheat bread to the soup gives it a bit more fiber, which can help to improve digestion.
Plus, the bread absorbs some of the broth and flavors, making it even more delicious.
Some recipes call for toast to be added to the soup (which is fine), but whole wheat bread is a much better option because it doesn’t get soggy.
Simply toast the bread and serve it alongside the soup for a delicious and hearty meal.
9. Rye Bread
This sturdy rye bread is perfect for soaking up the savory broth in this chicken noodle soup recipe.
To make things even more delicious, serve the bread slices topped with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or chives.
I recommend baking this before serving to give it a crispy texture.
What Bread Goes with Chicken Noodle Soup? (9 Breads)
- Garlic Bread
- Buttered Toast
- Pain Au Chocolat
- Parker House Rolls
- White Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Rye Bread
- Pick your favorite kind of bread from this list to serve with your soup.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Enjoy in less than 25 minutes!