If you’re wondering what dessert goes with cioppino (a type of seafood stew), look no further!
These 11 desserts are the perfect way to round out a seafood feast.
From light and refreshing fruit sorbets to rich and decadent chocolate cakes, there’s something for everyone.
So go ahead and pick your favorite – your guests will be sure to thank you.
1. Carrot Cake
Made with an abundance of fresh carrots and sweet spices (I prefer cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice), this cake is incredibly moist and flavorful.
It’s perfect on its own, but I love to top it with a simple cream cheese frosting.
Pro Tip: For an extra-moist cake, add a cup of raisins or chopped nuts to the batter.
- Use different spices in the cake batter – ginger, cloves, or cardamom would be delicious.
- Make a cream cheese frosting using orange juice and zest for a citrusy twist.
- Top the cake with a brown sugar glaze instead of frosting for a crunchy topping.
These thick and fudgy brownies will have you feeling all the warm and fuzzies.
I like to make them for my family on a Sunday night and we always have a blast decorating them with our favorite toppings.
Pro Tip: Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into them. This will help them retain their shape and not crumble when you bite into them.
- Top with a layer of frosting and your favorite candy for a fun and easy twist on classic brownies.
- Make a batch of brownie bites by cutting the brownies into small squares and dipping them in melted chocolate.
- Add some instant coffee powder to the batter for a mocha-flavored treat.
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
If you have some cocoa powder, heavy cream, and sugar on hand, then you’re already halfway to making this delicious chocolate mousse.
This recipe is so simple and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
The best part is that it only takes about 10 minutes to make!
Pro Tip: For an extra-rich chocolate mousse, use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
3 Creative Twists:
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or a sprinkle of nutmeg for some extra flavor and texture.
- Make a mint chocolate mousse by adding a few drops of peppermint extract to the mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry for a classic dessert presentation. cocoa powder
4. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
You don’t even need your oven for this recipe!
Just mix all of the ingredients together, press into a pan, and let chill.
It’s that easy.
And if you’re feeling extra indulgent, top with some chocolate chips or a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
Pro Tip: For an extra boost of flavor, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture before pressing into the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the mixture for a crunchy texture.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
- Top with shredded coconut or a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
Who can say no to fresh blueberries and a buttery streusel topping?
I love making these for my family because they come together so quickly and they’re always a hit.
Plus, they’re perfect for summer when blueberries are in season.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, you can use frozen ones. Just be sure to thaw them first so that they don’t turn your filling into a big mushy mess.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use raspberries or blackberries in place of the blueberries.
- Stir in some lemon zest to the filling for a bright twist.
- Top with a crumb topping instead of streusel for a change.
6. Italian Tiramisu
No baking is needed in this dish, which is always a huge plus in my book.
It’s a pretty quick and easy recipe to follow, and the results are always impressive.
I like to make this for family gatherings or when we have friends over for dinner because it’s a little bit different than your typical dessert options.
Pro Tip: Be sure to use good quality coffee in this recipe. It really makes a difference!
3 Creative Twists:
- Use espresso instead of coffee for an even richer flavor.
- Add a layer of chocolate shavings or cocoa powder on top for extra decadence.
- Swap out the ladyfingers for another type of cookie, like amaretti cookies or graham crackers.
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
Why not serve a perfectly moist and tasty loaf of lemon blueberry bread for dessert?
This recipe is so good that it will have your family asking for seconds.
And, it’s easy to make!
Pro Tip: When measuring the flour, be sure to spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. This will ensure that your bread is not too dense.
- Swap out the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries.
- Add a streusel topping made with lemon zest, sugar and flour.
- Make a glaze by combining powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk. Drizzle over the cooled bread before serving.
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Fruity, tangy and perfectly sweet, these strawberry lemon blondies are a delicious dessert that the whole family will love.
I like to make them for dinner parties or potlucks because they’re always a hit, and they’re so easy to make ahead of time.
Pro Tip: If you want to really impress your guests, top each blondie with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh strawberry.
3 Creative Twists:
- Add blueberries or raspberries to the batter for a pretty swirl effect.
- Mix in some shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Swap out the lemon for lime or orange juice for a different citrus flavor.
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
Egg-less, chocolate-dipped, and no-bake, these cookie dough balls are safe to eat and super easy to make.
I like to use a mini-muffin tin to help with portion control, but you can also just use a regular sized muffin tin or even roll them into balls by hand.
Pro Tip: If you want an extra chocolatey treat, dip the cookie dough balls in melted chocolate before freezing.
- Add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the cookie dough for some extra texture and flavor.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, or crushed cookies for a different coating.
- Use a different kind of chocolate chip in the recipe, like white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
My kids always love a dessert that they can help make (don’t you love when they’re in the kitchen with you and not underfoot?).
This chocolate chip loaf cake is a family favorite because it comes together quickly, doesn’t make too much of a mess, and can be easily customized with different mix-ins.
Pro Tip: For an extra special treat, top the cake with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk.
- Use different types of chocolate chips – white chocolate, peanut butter chips, or even butterscotch chips would be delicious!
- Mix in some chopped nuts or dried fruit for a little bit of texture.
- Use a bundt pan to bake the cake in for a fun presentation.
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Classy desserts don’t have to be complicated.
This timeless strawberry shortcake is the perfect example of that.
The biscuit-like cake, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream come together to create a light and refreshing dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
Pro Tip: For an extra special touch, top each shortcake with a strawberry half that’s been dipped in melted chocolate.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use blueberries or raspberries in place of the strawberries for a different flavor combination.
- Make mini shortcakes using a muffin tin.
- Top the shortcakes with lemon curd instead of whipped cream for a tart twist.
11 Easy Desserts that Go with Cioppino
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Pick any of these recipes to serve with your meal tonight.
- Prepare all of the ingredients required.
- Enjoy in no time!