Knowing what dessert goes with butter chicken can make or break a meal.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of the 11 best desserts to have with butter chicken.
From traditional Indian desserts like gulab jamun and rasmalai, to more Westernized options like cheesecake and brownies, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So whether you’re looking for something to serve at your next dinner party or just want to make your weeknight meal a little sweeter, be sure to check out these dessert recipes.
1. Carrot Cake
Made with an abundance of fresh carrots and sweet spices (think cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger), this cake is incredibly moist and flavorful.
I love to make a cream cheese frosting to top it off, but if you’re short on time, a simple dusting of powdered sugar will do the trick.
Pro Tip: For an extra touch of elegance, top your cake with candied carrots.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use different spices in your cake batter – try cardamom, cloves or allspice for a twist on the classic flavor.
- Make a carrot cake trifle by layering slices of cake with cream cheese frosting and chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
- Use a different type of frosting – orange blossom water buttercream would be delicious!
These thick and fudgy brownies just melt in your mouth.
I like to add a little bit of espresso powder to the batter to really bring out the chocolate flavor.
And, if you’re feeling extra indulgent, top with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
Pro Tip: Line your pan with parchment paper before adding the brownie batter. This will make it much easier to remove the brownies from the pan in one piece.
3 Creative Twists:
- Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter to the brownie batter for a delicious peanut butter swirl.
- Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter for an extra chocolatey treat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts before baking for a crunchy twist.
3. Easy Chocolate Mousse
I always have cocoa powder on hand (yup, I’m that person), so this dessert is one that I can make pretty much anytime.
It only takes a few minutes to whip up, and it’s always a hit with my family.
This recipe is for the chocolate lovers out there – it’s rich, decadent, and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Pro Tip: If you want to take this mousse to the next level, top it with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Add a tablespoon of instant coffee powder to the mixture for a mocha flavor
- Top with fresh berries or shaved chocolate instead of whipped cream
- Stir in a teaspoon of mint extract or orange zest for a refreshing twist
4. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
No need to worry about a hot oven with this recipe, just mix everything together and let it set in the fridge.
You can even make them ahead of time and store them in the freezer for a quick and easy dessert when you need it.
Pro Tip: For an extra chocolatey treat, add some chocolate chips to the mix.
- Add peanut butter for a PB&C twist
- Mix in some chopped nuts or dried fruit for a little crunch
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream for a special treat
5. Blueberry Crumble Bars
Loaded with juicy fresh blueberries and topped with buttery crumble (which all of us can agree is the best part), these bars are the perfect summer dessert.
I like to make them for my family because they’re easy to transport and they always disappear quickly!
Pro Tip: For an extra-buttery crumble, use a 1:1 ratio of butter to flour.
3 Creative Twists:
- Swap out the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries.
- Add a layer of lemon curd before topping with the crumble.
- Use a mixture of oats, nuts and seeds in the crumble for a crunchy twist.
6. Italian Tiramisu
In this recipe, there is no baking, no tempering raw eggs, just mix, layer, and refrigerate (seriously, it’s that easy).
I like to make this for my family because it’s a classic dessert with a little bit of a twist.
The coffee-soaked ladyfingers are layered with a mascarpone mixture, then sprinkled with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
Pro Tip: Make sure the coffee you use is cooled before adding it to the ladyfingers, or they will fall apart.
- Use different flavors of coffee – hazelnut, vanilla, etc.
- Layer in some fruit – raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- Sprinkle with different toppings – crushed nuts, candy pieces, etc.
7. Lemon Blueberry Bread
How about a perfectly moist and tasty loaf of lemon blueberry bread?
This is a great summer dessert because it’s not too heavy, and the berries are so fresh and vibrant.
I like to add a little bit of zest to the batter for an extra punch of flavor.
Pro Tip: When measuring the flour, be sure to spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. Overpacking the flour will make your bread dense and dry.
- Use raspberries or blackberries in place of the blueberries
- Add a streusel topping made with lemon zest, flour, sugar and butter
- Swap out the lemon for lime
8. Strawberry Lemon Blondies
These fruity little strawberry bars are the perfect way to brighten up any day.
Made with fresh strawberries, zesty lemon, and a delicious blondie base, they’re hard to resist.
And, they couldn’t be easier to make!
Pro Tip: For an extra lemony twist, add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the batter.
- Add blueberries or raspberries for a mixed berry version.
- For a summery twist, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Swap out the lemon for lime juice and zest for a citrusy change.
9. No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
Egg-less, chocolate-dipped, no-bake cookie dough balls are a fun and easy dessert that the whole family will love.
And, they only take about 30 minutes to make!
Pro Tip: If you want an extra chocolatey treat, dip the cookie dough balls in melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder.
3 Creative Twists:
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter to the cookie dough mixture.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or crushed candy before dipping in chocolate.
10. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
My kids always love a dessert that they can help make, and this chocolate chip loaf cake is the perfect recipe for that.
It’s simple to follow, doesn’t require any fancy ingredients, and always turns out delicious.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up those overripe bananas that you have sitting on your counter.
Pro Tip: For an extra-special treat, top the cake with a chocolate ganache or a dollop of whipped cream.
3 Creative Twists:
- Use different kinds of chocolate chips – white chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter chips, etc.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit for some extra texture and flavor.
- Make a mini version by baking the batter in a muffin tin – perfect for individual servings!
11. Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Sometimes the classy desserts are the best ones.
This dish is no different – it’s simple, elegant, and most importantly delicious.
I like to make a shortcake with a biscuit base, but you could also use pound cake or even angel food cake.
The key is to let the strawberries shine by not overloading the cake with too much sugar.
A dollop of whipped cream (or for a special treat, whipped cream from a can) rounds this dessert out perfectly.
Pro Tip: If you want an extra level of sweetness, add a tablespoon or two of strawberry jam to the whipped cream.
- Use blueberries or raspberries in place of strawberries
- Make a shortcake trifle by layering the biscuit, fruit, and whipped cream in a glass bowl
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or chocolate shavings
11 Best Desserts to Serve with Cabbage Rolls
10 Desserts to Serve with Taco Salad
What to Serve with Raspberry Sorbet: 8 Best Foods
What to Serve with Mango Sorbet? 8 Best Foods
What to Serve with Lemon Sorbet? 8 Best Side Dishes
11 Easy Desserts that Go with Butter Chicken
- Carrot Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Italian Tiramisu
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Pick your favorite dessert from this article to serve with your chicken meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!