Taco salad is a delicious and easy meal to make, but it can be even better with the right dessert.
Here are 10 delicious desserts that are perfect for serving with taco salad.
From fruity to chocolatey, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
So, next time you’re making taco salad, be sure to add one of these delicious desserts to the menu.
What Dessert to Serve with Taco Salad?
A taco salad is a great option for a light meal or side dish. To round out the meal, consider serving a light dessert such as a fruit salad or a simple cookie. For a more indulgent option, consider serving a small slice of cake or a scoop of ice cream.
Keep scrolling for even more options!
1. Fruit Salad
Fruit salad is a great dessert to serve with taco salad because it is light, refreshing, and healthy.
The sweetness of the fruit compliments the savory flavors of the taco salad, and the colorful fruit adds a beautiful visual contrast to the dish.
Also, fruit salad is a healthy dessert option that won’t weigh you down after a filling meal.
My favorite way to make fruit salad is to mix together a variety of fresh fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and apples.
I also like to add a bit of sweetness to the salad with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of sugar.
For a finishing touch, I like to add a handful of chopped nuts or a dollop of whipped cream.
This simple fruit salad is the perfect accompaniment to a hearty taco salad.
I’m sure you know how delicious a chocolate cake can be, but have you ever thought about how great it would be with taco salad?
The two flavors complement each other perfectly, and the contrast in textures is amazing.
The rich, moist cake pairs perfectly with the crispy, fresh salad, and the sweetness of the cake helps to offset the spiciness of the dish.
And, who doesn’t love a good chocolate cake?
It’s the perfect dessert to share with friends and family, and it’s sure to please everyone at the table.
If you’re not sure how to make your own chocolate cake, don’t worry – there are plenty of great recipes out there.
Just make sure to use a good quality chocolate, and you’ll be sure to impress your guests.
And if you really want to take things to the next level, top your cake with some fresh raspberries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
There are few desserts more delicious, or more versatile, than cheesecake.
It can be made in so many different flavors, and can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion.
And it just so happens that cheesecake is the perfect dessert to serve with taco salad.
The rich, creamy flavor of cheesecake pairs perfectly with the bold, spicy flavors of taco salad.
And because cheesecake is so rich, a little goes a long way, which is great when you’re serving a large group.
Cheesecake is also a great make-ahead dessert, so you can spend more time enjoying your party, and less time in the kitchen.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious, easy dessert to serve with your next taco salad, look no further than cheesecake.
It’s sure to please everyone at the table.
4. Ice Cream
One thing to note about taco salad is that it can be quite heavy and filling, thanks to all of the delicious ingredients that go into it.
This is why it’s important to have a refreshing and light dessert to balance things out.
Ice cream is the perfect candidate for this!
It’s sweet, cold, and smooth, and it’s a great way to end a meal.
There are a few reasons why ice cream goes so well with taco salad:
- First, the contrasting temperatures are a nice contrast to the heat of the dish.
- Second, the sweetness of the ice cream helps to cut through the richness of the salad.
- Finally, the smooth texture of the ice cream is a nice contrast to the crunch of the salad.
All of these factors come together to make ice cream a perfect dessert for taco salad.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to bake anything special.
Just whip up a batch of your favorite cookies and you’re good to go!
Cookies are the perfect dessert to serve with taco salad for a few reasons:
- First, they’re easy to make and don’t require any special ingredients.
- Second, they can be made ahead of time, so you don’t have to worry about them getting cold or melting.
- Third, they’re a great way to add a little sweetness to the dish without overwhelming it.
So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert to serve with taco salad, reach for the cookies!
Here’s my favorite cookie recipe for a Mexican dish like this is…
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brownies have been an American classic since they were first introduced.
Fudgy, chocolatey, and rich, brownies are the perfect dessert to serve with a taco salad.
The sweetness of the brownies complements the savory flavors of the taco salad, and the chocolate pairs well with the spices in the dish.
Brownies are also easy to make and can be served in a variety of ways.
Whether you serve them warm with a scoop of ice cream or cold with a dollop of whipped cream, brownies are always a hit.
There are even tons of different flavors to choose from when it comes to brownies.
If you want to mix things up, try serving a batch of blondies, which are brownies made with brown sugar instead of chocolate.
Or, for a fun twist on the classic brownie, make a batch of mint chocolate brownies.
No matter what type of brownies you serve, they are sure to be a hit with your guests.
7. Fruit Pie
Fruit and pie.
What more must be said?
The natural sweetness of fruit paired with the flaky crust of a pie is a match made in heaven.
The classic combination of apple and cinnamon is always a hit, but feel free to get creative with your favorite fruits.
A fruit pie is the perfect way to end a meal and it’s even better when served with a scoop of ice cream.
To make your own fruit pie, start with a basic pie crust recipe:
- You can use a store-bought crust, but making your own is really easy and it tastes so much better.
- Once you have your crust, roll it out and place it in a pie dish.
- Then, fill it with your favorite fruit. If you’re using fresh fruit, you’ll want to add a bit of sugar and flour to help thicken the filling.
- Bake the pie at a high temperature until the fruit is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Let it cool for a bit before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
This dessert is a little harder to come by than some others, but it’s worth the effort for a few reasons.
For one, it’s unique and will stand out among a sea of more common desserts.
It’s also a great way to incorporate some chocolate into the meal without overwhelming the other flavors.
But most importantly, chocolate pudding is an incredibly versatile dessert.
It can be served as is, or with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon. It can be a light and refreshing dessert after a heavy meal, or a rich and decadent one.
And no matter how it’s served, it’s sure to please everyone at the table.
My favorite recipe for chocolate pudding is this one from Cook’s Illustrated.
It’s simple and straightforward, and the pudding comes out rich and creamy every time.
If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert to serve with your taco salad, look no further than chocolate pudding.
Not everybody likes crazy flavors, so vanilla is a great option to go with when it comes to dessert.
Pudding is also pretty easy to make and can be a fun activity to do with kids.
It can be a little messy, but that’s all part of the fun.
Plus, it’s a great way to get them involved in the kitchen.
Here’s a simple way to make a batch of vanilla pudding!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, being careful not to create any lumps.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes and allow it to cool.
- Serve with whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Spanish desserts are some of the most interesting and diverse in the world.
Flan is a great dessert to serve with taco salad because it is a rich and creamy custard that pairs well with the savory flavors of the dish.
The sweetness of the flan helps to cut through the spiciness of the taco salad and makes for a delicious and well-rounded meal.
My favorite way to eat flan is with a little bit of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
The contrast of the rich custard with the light and fluffy whipped cream is delicious.
The cinnamon adds a touch of warmth and spice that takes the flavors of the dish to the next level.
If you are looking for a truly unique and delicious dessert to serve with your next taco salad, I highly recommend giving flan a try.
What Dessert to Serve with Taco Salad? (10 Desserts)
- Fruit Salad
- Chocolate Cake
- Ice Cream
- Fruit Pie
- Chocolate Pudding
- Vanilla Pudding
- Pick your favorite dessert from this list to serve alongside or after having eaten your taco salad.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy your dessert in no time!