If you’re not sure what salad goes with corned beef and cabbage, you’re in luck!
This article will provide you with 10 of the best salads to serve with this delicious classic dish.
Whether you’re looking for a simple side salad to serve with your corned beef and cabbage, or a more complex dish to impress your guests, you’ll find plenty of ideas here.
So, let’s get started!
1. Wedge Salad
I’m convinced that wedge salads are one of the best salads out there!
They’re simple to make, but with the right ingredients, they can be incredibly flavorful and satisfying.
Here are some creative ways to make this classic salad stand out:
- Top it with warm bacon and a creamy dressing
- Add some crunch with croutons, chopped nuts, or toasted seeds
- Load it up with your favorite veggies and cheese
- Give it an Asian twist with marinated tofu and a ginger-soy dressing
Pro tip: When making a wedge salad, use the freshest ingredients you can find. The flavors will really come through in the finished dish.
2. Caesar Salad
This salad just screams fancy restaurant, but you can make it at home with ease.
I’m talking about the classic Caesar salad!
It’s a great way to add some crunch and flavor to your meal.
- Try adding some grilled chicken or shrimp to the salad for some extra protein
- Sprinkle some bacon bits on top to give it a smoky flavor
- Use a balsamic vinaigrette to add some tang
- Add some fresh herbs like basil or parsley to give it a herby flavor
- Roast some garlic and add it to your salad dressing for a subtle yet delicious flavor
Pro tip: Make sure to use fresh ingredients and toss the salad with your dressing right before serving to really bring out the flavors. Enjoy!
3. Kale Salad
I’m a huge fan of kale salads.
They are a great way to get in your greens while also enjoying a delicious and nutritious meal.
Plus, they are so easy to customize with creative twists.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add some crunchy roasted chickpeas on top.
- Sprinkle a few dried cranberries or raisins over the top.
- Mix in some diced apple or pear.
- Add some crumbled feta or goat cheese.
Pro Tip: Make sure to massage the kale with a little bit of olive oil and salt before adding the other ingredients. This will help soften the kale and make it even more flavorful and enjoyable.
4. Greek Salad
I’m a huge fan of Greek salads and think they’re one of the healthiest and most delicious salads you can make.
With its mix of cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives, it’s a salad that can fill you up without weighing you down.
Here are some creative twists you can make to take your Greek salad to the next level:
- Add a handful of fresh spinach for a nutrient-packed boost.
- Swap out the olives for artichoke hearts for a new flavor.
- Top with grilled chicken or shrimp for added protein.
- Sprinkle with a little oregano or dill for extra flavor.
- Toss in some quinoa or farro for a heartier salad.
Pro tip: Add a drizzle of freshly-squeezed lemon juice to your Greek salad for a zesty kick!
5. Strawberry Spinach Salad
I’m absolutely in love with this Strawberry Spinach Salad!
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, plus it’s incredibly easy to make.
Here are some of my favorite twists to make this salad even more delicious:
- Add in some feta cheese for a salty flavor
- Top with a sprinkle of candied walnuts for a crunchy texture
- Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette for a light and tangy taste
- Try adding in some grilled chicken or salmon for some extra protein
My pro tip? Make sure to let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes after dressing it to allow all the flavors to come together.
6. Caprese Salad
This is one of my favorite salads to serve with corned beef and cabbage.
The Caprese Salad is a classic Italian dish that is incredibly simple and delicious.
It’s a combination of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
If you’re looking to add a creative twist, here are some ideas:
- Add a few slices of avocado for a creamy texture
- Drizzle a bit of honey or agave syrup over the top for a hint of sweetness
- Add some grilled chicken for a protein-packed meal
- Toss in some crunchy cucumbers
- Sprinkle a few nuts on top for a nutty flavor
My pro tip? Use fresh, high quality ingredients for the best results.
7. Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
I’m absolutely in love with this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad – it’s a delicious, light, and healthy meal that’s easy to make and packed with flavor!
Here are some fun twists you can try to make it your own:
- Add some diced jalapeños for a spicy kick
- Throw in a few tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
- Top it off with a drizzle of honey mustard dressing
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
And here’s a pro tip: if you’re short on time, you can use canned corn instead of fresh.
8. Waldorf Salad
I love Waldorf Salad – it’s a classic, yet creative salad that’s perfect for any occasion.
The combination of crunchy apples, celery and walnuts with creamy mayonnaise, tangy lemon juice and a hint of sweetness from the grapes make it a flavor-packed meal.
Here are some creative ways to twist up Waldorf Salad:
- Add diced avocado for an extra creamy texture and flavor
- Swap the grapes for dried cranberries for a sweet-tart kick
- Sprinkle in some blue cheese crumbles for a savory twist
- Try adding diced jicama for a crunchy-sweet addition
- Add some toasted pecans for a nuttier flavor
Pro tip: Make sure you add a generous pinch of salt to your Waldorf Salad. This will help bring out the flavors and make it truly shine!
9. Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Sometimes, I want some crunch next to my corned beef and cabbage.
That’s why I love this Crunchy Broccoli Salad.
It’s easy to make, satisfyingly crunchy, and packed with the right amount of zesty flavor.
Here are some creative twists you can make:
- Add some diced apples or cranberries to give it a sweet and tangy twist.
- Sprinkle some sunflower seeds on top for a nutty flavor.
- Add some feta cheese for a salty kick.
My pro tip: If you want to add some extra crunch, try toasting the almond slices in the oven. It’ll give you a great crunchy texture.
10. Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
I’m a huge fan of this Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad.
It’s packed with flavor, texture, and lots of nutrition.
Plus, it’s easy to make and customize to your own tastes.
Here are some creative twists you can make to take it to the next level:
- Add a few tablespoons of diced jalapeños for a spicy kick
- Include some diced red bell peppers for a hint of sweetness
- Substitute black beans for the corn for a heartier salad
- Top with crushed tortilla chips for a delicious crunch
- Mix in a few tablespoons of salsa for extra flavor
Pro tip: For extra protein, add some grilled chicken or any other cooked protein of your choice.
10 Salads that Go with Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
- Pick your favorite salad from this list to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!