Knowing what salad goes with enchiladas can be tricky.
After all, there are so many delicious options to choose from!
But don’t worry, I’m here to help.
I’ve rounded up 11 of the best salads that go with enchiladas.
Whether you are looking for a light and refreshing salad or something a little heartier, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these salads a try the next time you make enchiladas!
- What To Serve With Shrimp Enchiladas? 10 Best Side Dishes
- What To Serve With Breakfast Enchiladas? 10 Best Side Dishes
- The 10 Best Cheese For Enchiladas
What Salad Goes with Enchiladas?
There are many salads that go well with enchiladas, but some of the best include a simple green salad, black bean and corn salad, or avocado and grapefruit salad. For something heartier, try serving enchiladas with a quinoa salad or roasted sweet potato salad.
Still looking for salad ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 11 salads that go with enchiladas:
1. Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
I know broccoli might sound like a strange addition to a Mexican-inspired salad, but trust me on this one.
The bacon and broccoli are a match made in heaven, and the creamy dressing ties everything together perfectly.
This salad is so good that I could eat it every day, but if you’re looking for ways to change things up, here are a few ideas:
- Swap out the bacon for crumbled chorizo or diced cooked chicken.
- Add some diced avocado or grilled corn for extra creaminess and sweetness.
- Top with crumbled cotija cheese or shredded cheddar for extra cheesy goodness.
- Make it gluten-free by swapping out the wheat berries for quinoa or rice.
2. Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Anything southwestern is a guaranteed hit in our house, and this salad is no exception.
The combination of fresh, crispy veggies, black beans, corn, and avocado is irresistible, and the cilantro-lime dressing ties everything together perfectly.
This salad is delicious as is, but if you want to mix things up a bit, here are a few ideas:
- Swap out the romaine for iceberg or spinach.
- Add some diced chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Top with a sprinkle of cotija cheese or chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a side of chips and salsa or guacamole.
3. 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
If you don’t have much time to spare, this 5-minute lemon parmesan lettuce salad is the perfect side dish for your enchiladas.
It’s light, refreshing, and full of flavor.
The best part is that it’s so easy to make!
To change things up, you could:
- Add some diced avocado for extra creaminess.
- Switch out the Parmesan for feta or goat cheese.
- Add a handful of chopped fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro.
- Use a different type of lettuce, like spinach or arugula.
4. BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
Ah, BBQ chicken ranch pasta salad.
This dish is the perfect blend of creamy, crunchy, and tangy flavors.
And it’s so easy to make!
Simply cook the pasta, mix in some chopped chicken, diced tomatoes, and green onions, and then toss with a homemade BBQ ranch dressing.
For a fun twist on this classic dish, you could:
- Swap out the pasta for quinoa or couscous.
- Add in some black beans or corn.
- Use a different kind of cheese, like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Throw in some diced avocado or guacamole.
- Top with crispy tortilla strips or crumbled bacon.
5. Pesto Potato Salad
Pesto has a bold, herby flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy potatoes and zesty lime juice in this salad.
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you could use parsley or basil in the pesto.
And for a little bit of heat, you could add a diced jalapeño to the salad.
Other ways to change things up:
- Swap out the Yukon Gold potatoes for sweet potatoes.
- Use a different type of cheese, like feta or goat cheese.
- Add some chopped roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor.
6. Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
Anything with Italian dressing is a winner in my book, and this antipasto salad is no exception.
It’s packed with all of my favorite things like salami, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers.
And the best part?
The vinaigrette comes together in minutes with just a few pantry staples.
If you’re looking for a change of pace, you could:
- Swap out the Italian dressing for a balsamic vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
- Add in some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Stir in a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans or chickpeas for extra fiber and nutrients.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
7. Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Or, how about something creamy and sweet to balance out the spice of the enchiladas? This sweet potato kale salad is a great option.
The dressing is made with Greek yogurt, so it’s nice and thick and clings well to the kale and sweet potatoes.
A sprinkle of crumbled feta on top takes this salad over the top.
For a little something different, you could:
- Swap out the kale for spinach or arugula.
- Use roasted sweet potatoes instead of raw for extra flavor.
- Add in some diced avocado or grilled chicken for extra protein.
- Try a different dressing – ranch, balsamic vinaigrette, or even just a squeeze of fresh lemon juice would be delicious.
8. Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Bacon is good on anything, right?
Well, this bacon ranch pasta salad is no exception!
The creamy dressing, crunchy veggies, and crispy bacon come together to make the perfect side dish for your next Mexican-inspired meal.
If you want to change things up, you could:
- Use a different type of pasta, like rotini or shells.
- Add in some diced chicken or shrimp.
- Swap out the ranch dressing for Italian or Caesar.
- Top with shredded cheese and/or crumbled tortilla chips.
9. Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
If you are feeling fancy, this roasted beet goat cheese salad is the way to go.
It is beautiful, flavorful, and will leave you feeling satisfied but not stuffed.
The beets can be roasted ahead of time, making this salad perfect for entertaining.
To change things up, you could:
- Swap out the goat cheese for feta or blue cheese.
- Add some chopped nuts or seeds for extra crunch.
- Use different greens, such as spinach or arugula.
- Try roasted sweet potato or cauliflower in place of the beets.
10. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Healthy, delicious, and so easy to make, this Mediterranean chickpea salad is the perfect side dish for enchiladas or any Mexican-inspired meal.
It’s loaded with fresh veggies, protein-packed chickpeas, and a simple homemade dressing.
And it can be made ahead of time, which makes it even easier to throw together a last-minute dinner.
To change things up, you could:
- Add some chopped avocado or grilled chicken for extra protein.
- Swap out the romaine lettuce for spinach or kale.
- Use a different type of bean in place of the chickpeas (black beans would be great!).
- Add a handful of crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.
11. Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Why not try something healthy with your enchiladas tonight?
This kale cranberry quinoa salad is the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and it’s packed with nutrients.
To make this salad even better, you could:
- Add some diced avocado for creaminess.
- Swap out the quinoa for brown rice or farro.
- Try different nuts in place of the pistachios, such as almonds or pecans.
- Add a protein, such as grilled chicken or shrimp.
What Salad Goes with Enchiladas? (11 Salads)
- Classic Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 5-Minute Lemon Parmesan Lettuce Salad
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Antipasto Salad with Easy Italian Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Kale Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Pick any of these salads to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!