Knowing what sauce goes with Philly cheesesteak egg rolls tends to be a mystery for many.
Whether you’re having them as an appetizer or a meal, the perfect sauce can make all the difference.
To help you out, I’ve put together a list of 12 sauces that will take your Philly cheesesteak egg rolls to the next level.
Read on to find out more!
Read Also: 10 Best Cheeses for Philly Cheesesteaks
1. Romesco Sauce
If you’re the type of person who loves bold and unique flavors, Romesco Sauce is just the thing for you.
It’s a Spanish sauce made with roasted peppers, almonds and olive oil, giving it a smoky, slightly sweet flavor.
Here are a few ways you can use this delicious sauce with your Philly cheesesteak egg rolls:
- Mix the sauce with mayonnaise for a creamy dipping sauce
- Add a spoonful to the egg roll filling for a smoky kick
- Use the sauce as a drizzle for a topping
Pro tip: Toast the almonds for the Romesco sauce for an even more flavorful sauce!
2. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
I love a creamy sauce (regardless of what I’m eating!) and this Creamy Mushroom Sauce is perfect for my Philly cheesesteak egg rolls.
It really brings all the flavors together and adds a delicious, savory depth.
You can also give this sauce some creative twists to make it your own.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add some garlic and fresh herbs for a more robust flavor
- Toss in some diced red peppers for a hint of sweetness
- Mix in some chopped spinach for a subtle earthy flavor
- Stir in a bit of Dijon mustard for a tangy touch
Pro tip: make sure to season your sauce with plenty of salt and pepper. A little goes a long way in enhancing the flavor!
3. Peanut Sauce
Any peanut lover will love this sweet and savory peanut sauce I like to serve with my Philly cheesesteak egg rolls.
It perfectly complements the juicy steak and melty cheese inside.
Here are some creative twists you can make to the sauce to make it your own:
- Add a little Sriracha for a spicy kick
- Mix in some honey for a sweet and tangy flavor
- Stir in some garlic powder for a garlicky flavor
- Mix in some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat
And here’s a pro tip: you can even serve the sauce as a dip for French fries or onion rings. Enjoy!
4. Spinach Pesto
Instead of using regular old pesto, why not try something a bit different with your egg rolls?
Spinach pesto is a great way to add a delicious spin to the filling.
Here are some creative twists you can make:
- Substitute the rib-eye steak for ground beef and add a few spices for a unique flavor
- Mix in some diced jalapeños for a spicy kick
- Add a dollop of ricotta cheese for extra creaminess
- Stir in a spoonful of tomato paste for a little bit of sweetness
Pro tip: Make sure you cook the egg rolls until they reach a golden brown color for the perfect crunch. Enjoy!
5. Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Fresh flavors and zesty zing make the Creamy Cilantro Sauce the perfect dip for these Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls.
Here are a few creative twists to make it even more delicious:
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce for a spicy kick
- Add a few tablespoons of fresh lime juice for a citrusy tang
- Top with freshly chopped parsley or chives for a pop of color
- For a smoky flavor, add a few drops of liquid smoke
Pro Tip: Make sure to serve the Creamy Cilantro Sauce at room temperature for the best flavor!
6. Tomato Salsa
Who can say no to fresh tomato salsa?
It’s the perfect accompaniment to your egg rolls, adding a burst of flavor and tang to every bite.
Here are a few creative twists to try with your salsa:
- Add some diced jalapenos for a spicy kick
- Mix in some diced mango or pineapple for a taste of sweetness
- Stir in some diced avocado for a creamy texture
Pro Tip: Make your salsa in advance to let the flavors meld together. Enjoy!
7. Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This sauce reminds me of the classic Red Pepper Sauce found on traditional Philly Cheesesteaks.
It has a unique and mildly spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with your Egg Rolls.
Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Here are some creative twists you can make with this sauce:
- Add diced jalapeños to the sauce for an extra kick
- Mix in some chopped scallions for a hint of oniony flavor
- Stir in some crumbled bacon for a smoky twist
- Top your Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls with the sauce for an extra flavor boost
Pro Tip: Use this sauce as a dip for some of your favorite fried snacks, like french fries or potato wedges. Enjoy!
8. Chimichurri Sauce
How about something a little different for the dipping sauce?
Chimichurri Sauce is the perfect accompaniment for any egg roll.
It’s a tangy, garlicky sauce with a hint of heat that elevates the flavor of the egg rolls.
Here are a few creative twists to try:
- Add some fresh herbs like parsley, oregano, and even cilantro.
- Mix in some diced tomatoes or olives for an added punch of flavor.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil for a rich and creamy texture.
Pro Tip: Whisking in a bit of honey will help balance the flavors and make it even more delicious.
I absolutely LOVE tzatziki – whether it’s on burgers, sandwiches, or as a dip, it’s the perfect addition to any meal.
And the great thing about tzatziki is that it’s super versatile – you can make creative twists on the classic recipe to make it your own.
Here are some of my ideas:
- Swap out the traditional cucumber for a sweeter option like diced pineapple or mango
- Add a little heat with a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Stir in some fresh herbs like dill, parsley, or mint
- Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese
My pro tip for making the perfect tzatziki: Don’t skimp on the garlic! It may seem like a lot, but it really brings out the flavor of the sauce. Enjoy!
10. Teriyaki Sauce
If you’ve ever stepped foot in Philadelphia, you know that teriyaki sauce is a must-have for any Philly cheesesteak.
It adds a sweet and savory flavor that really takes these egg rolls over the top.
Here are a few creative twists you can make to take your egg rolls to the next level with teriyaki sauce:
- Add a few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce to the egg roll filling before wrapping
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the top of the egg rolls after frying
- Dip the egg rolls in a bowl of teriyaki sauce
- Mix equal parts teriyaki sauce and mayonnaise to make a delicious dipping sauce
Pro tip: For an extra kick, try adding a teaspoon or two of sriracha to your teriyaki sauce before dipping or drizzling!
11. Blender Hollandaise
Grab your blender – it’s time to make the perfect sauce!
Blender Hollandaise is the perfect creamy, tangy complement that adds a unique flavor to your delicious egg rolls.
Here are a few creative twists you can make with your Hollandaise sauce:
- Add some chopped parsley or dill for a bit of freshness
- Mix in a few tablespoons of mayonnaise for a richer flavor
- Stir in some hot sauce for a spicy twist
- Top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Pro tip: Make the sauce ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
12. Salsa Verde
I’m sure you’ve tried this sauce in some of your favorite Mexican dishes, but it’s also amazing on Philly cheesesteak egg rolls!
Salsa Verde adds a delicious tanginess that complements the steak, onions and peppers perfectly.
Here are some creative twists you can try:
- Add a spoonful of Salsa Verde on top of the egg rolls before you fry them
- Mix a tablespoon of Salsa Verde with the egg roll filling before you wrap it
- Serve the egg rolls with a side of Salsa Verde for dipping
Pro tip: Use a store-bought salsa or make your own for a truly unique flavor. Enjoy!
12 Easy Sauces that Go with Stuffed Clams
11 Easy Sauces that Go with Lemon Pepper Chicken
What Sauce to Serve with Spanakopita (10 Best Sauces)
12 Sauces that Go with Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Romesco Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Spinach Pesto
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Tomato Salsa
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Blender Hollandaise
- Salsa Verde
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your egg rolls.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!