Wondering what to serve with lobster casserole?
Look no further!
This list of 8 delicious side dishes is sure to please.
From classics like roasted carrots and coleslaw, to more unique options like roasted Brussels sprouts and fruit salad, there’s something here for everyone.
So get cooking and enjoy your lobster casserole with one (or more!) of these amazing sides.
See Also: What To Serve With Tuna Noodle Casserole? 12 Best Sides
What to Serve with Lobster Casserole? 8 Best Side Dishes
What’s a meal without a delicious side dish?
That’s why, when it comes to lobster casserole, you need to choose the right side dish to round out the meal.
Lobster casserole is packed with rich flavors, so you’ll want a side dish that can stand up to the boldness of the dish.
Here are 8 of the best side dishes for lobster casserole:
1. Roasted Red Potatoes
If you appreciate something crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, then you’ll love roasted red potatoes as a side dish to your casserole.
Just like casseroles, these spuds are versatile and can be flavored a number of ways.
For example, you could add garlic and rosemary for an Italian-inspired twist, or opt for smoked paprika and chili powder for a more Southwestern flavor.
As a pro tip, roasting your potatoes in chicken or beef broth will give them an extra savory flavor that takes them over the top.
And if you’re feeling really adventurous, try roasting your potatoes in bacon fat for an ultra-decadent side dish!
2. Simple Biscuits
I bet you’ve tried these before, but just in case you haven’t, simple biscuits go great with casseroles!
They are the perfect size for sopping up all that delicious sauce, and they have a nice crispy outside with a fluffy inside.
Plus, they’re really easy to make!
Just follow the directions on the biscuit mix (or if you’re feeling ambitious, you can make them from scratch) and bake them in the oven at the same time as your casserole.
Here’s a pro tip: before you bake your biscuits, brush the tops with some melted butter. This will give them a nice golden color and make them even more delicious!
And if you’re looking for something a little different, here are three twists on the classic biscuit:
- Add some shredded cheese to the biscuit dough for a cheesy twist.
- Mix in some chopped herbs like rosemary or thyme for a savory flavor.
- Stir in some diced fruit like berries or peaches for a sweet and colorful biscuit.
3. Easy Coleslaw
Coleslaw is truly easy and simple to make, and it’s a great side dish to complement any casserole.
Plus, it’s a great way to get your veggies in!
To make coleslaw, you’ll need: 1 head of cabbage, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Just mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and voila!
You’ve got coleslaw.
- If you want to add a little bit more flavor to your coleslaw, try adding in some shredded carrots or diced apples.
- For a Creamy Coleslaw variation, you can add in some sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Lastly, if you want a Spicy Coleslaw variation, add in some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes.
4. Easy Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Love Mexican food?
Alright, then you’ll love these cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins!
They are the perfect side dish to any casserole because they are savory, cheesy and have a little bit of a kick to them.
Plus, they are super easy to make!
Just mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, pour them into a muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
Pro tip: If you want your cornbread muffins to be extra cheesy, add an extra 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the batter before baking.
- Twist 1: For a sweeter version of this side dish, try adding 1/4 cup of honey to the batter.
- Twist 2: Give your cornbread muffins an Italian twist by adding 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and a few chopped fresh basil leaves to the batter.
- Twist 3: Turn up the heat by adding 1/4 cup of diced pickled jalapenos (or more, if you can handle the heat!) to the batter.
5. Garlic Chive Smashed Potatoes
If you like garlicky mashed potatoes, then you’ll love this side dish!
Garlic chive smashed potatoes are a great way to add some extra flavor to your casserole dish.
The best part about them is that they’re so easy to make.
All you need to do is boil some potatoes, mash them up with some garlic and chives, and then bake them in the oven for a few minutes.
You can also add other herbs and spices to taste.
Some other great additions include cheese, bacon, or sour cream.
For a healthier option, you could also use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
These garlic chive smashed potatoes are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
6. Roasted Asparagus
How about a big batch of roasted asparagus to go with your casserole?
This side dish is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make.
Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids (or picky eaters) to eat their veggies!
- To roast asparagus, simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then wash and trim the asparagus spears.
- Next, drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Then, bake for 10-15 minutes until they are tender and slightly browned around the edges.
Here’s a pro tip: if you want your asparagus to be extra crispy, try roasting them on a wire rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray. This way, the hot air can circulate around all sides of the asparagus spears for even cooking.
And here are three unique twists you can try:
- For a cheesy twist, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of the asparagus spears before roasting.
- For a spicy twist, sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes or your favorite spice blend.
- For a sweet and savory twist, drizzle a little bit of balsamic vinegar or honey on top of the asparagus before roasting.
7. Ranch Glazed Carrots
Why not add some beautiful color to your casserole dish with these ranch glazed carrots?
Not only do they look great, but they taste great too!
The sweetness of the carrots pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of most casseroles.
Plus, they add a lovely crunch that contrasts well with the creamy textures of many casseroles.
Here’s a pro tip: If you want to take this side dish to the next level, try roasting your carrots before glazing them with ranch dressing. Roasting brings out the natural sugars in carrots, making them even sweeter and more delicious.
- Simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, toss your carrots in a bit of olive oil, and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven and glaze with ranch dressing.
If you’re feeling adventurous, here are three unique twists you can try:
- Add some spice to your ranch glazed carrots by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the ranch dressing.
- Give them a tangy twist by using Greek yogurt instead of ranch dressing.
- Make them into a sweet and savory side dish by glazing them with honey mustard instead of ranch dressing.
8. Quick Classic Macaroni Salad
Your kids will LOVE this creamy, dreamy macaroni salad!
And you will too, because it’s a cinch to whip up.
This dish is the perfect side for any casserole because it is light and refreshing, but still has some substance to it.
Plus, the acidity of the vinegar helps cut through any richness in the casserole.
Pro tip: To save time, cook your macaroni noodles while your casserole is in the oven. Then, all you have to do is mix everything together when both are finished cooking!
3 twists on this classic recipe:
- Add diced avocado for a touch of creaminess and extra healthy fats.
- Mix in some chopped cooked bacon for a salty, smoky flavor.
- Stir in a spoonful of Dijon mustard for an extra zingy kick!
What to Serve with Cowboy Casserole? 10 Best Side Dishes
What to Serve with Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole? 10 Sides
What to Serve with Broccoli Casserole? 10 Best Side Dishes
What to Serve with Chicken Stuffing Casserole? 10 Best Sides
What To Serve With Parsnip Soup? 13 Best Side Dishes
What to Serve with Lobster Casserole? 8 Best Side Dishes
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Simple Biscuits
- Easy Coleslaw
- Easy Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Garlic Chive Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Ranch Glazed Carrots
- Quick Classic Macaroni Salad
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your lobster casserole.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!