When you know what cheese goes with raspberries, it opens up a whole world of flavor combinations that make for a delicious meal or snack.
Raspberries are known for their sweetness and tartness, so the perfect accompaniment should balance out these flavor notes.
The right cheese will melt nicely and round out any dish featuring these vibrant berries.
Whether you’re serving them in an appetizer platter, a summer dessert board, or as part of another recipe – like my No-Bake Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake – I want to share 10 lovely cheeses that pair excellently with raspberries.
Each one brings its unique taste and texture to make your experience even more special!
In a rush? Here is the short answer:
The best kinds of cheese to pair with raspberries are brie, goat cheese, blue cheese, and ricotta. Brie has a mild flavor that complements the sweetness of the raspberries. Goat cheese is slightly tangy which helps to bring out the tartness in the berries. Blue cheese adds a hint of sharpness while ricotta provides a creamy texture that pairs well with the juicy fruit.
Let’s explore more options!
10 Best Cheeses to Pair with Raspberries
How about something unique and flavorful?
Brie is a creamy, soft cheese with a mild flavor that pairs well with fresh raspberries.
Here are some creative ways you can enjoy this combination:
- Create a sweet and savory tart by combining brie, raspberry jam, and puff pastry for an impressive appetizer.
- Make a decadent grilled cheese sandwich using brie, sliced raspberries, and honey or maple syrup for added sweetness.
- For an easy snack plate mix brie slices with crackers, toasted nuts and fresh raspberries for an elevated charcuterie board experience!
Not too strong and not too light, Chevre is a mild, creamy goat cheese with a buttery flavor.
It’s perfect for pairing with fruit like raspberries because of its subtle but delicious taste.
Here are some unique ways to pair this cheese with raspberries:
- Stuff fresh raspberries with soft Chevre for an easy snack or appetizer that packs a flavorful punch.
- Spread Chevre on crostini topped with raspberry preserves for an easy yet impressive hors d’oeuvres.
- Create an elegant dessert by drizzling melted dark chocolate over slices of ripe pear and topping them off with freshly crumbled Chevre and raspberry compote.
I’m sure you’ll love the creamy, buttery flavor of Boursin cheese.
Its slightly crumbly texture and unique combination of herbs and spices make it a delicious snack or an elegant addition to any meal.
Here are some unique ways to pair Boursin with raspberries:
- Create a sweet and savory snack plate by adding slices of Boursin cheese with fresh raspberries on top for a pop of color.
- Top crostini with both ingredients for a tasty appetizer.
- Make a yummy grilled cheese sandwich using Boursin and raspberry jam – this is especially delicious when served warm!
4. Cream Cheese
Pretty mild in flavor, cream cheese has a smooth and creamy texture.
It has a pleasant slight tang and is slightly sweet.
Cream cheese can be used in both savory dishes such as omelets, dips, sauces, and spreads or even desserts like cheesecakes.
When paired with raspberries, the combination of tartness from the berries and sweetness of the cream cheese creates an incredibly delicious flavor profile that will tantalize your taste buds!
Here are some unique ways to pair raspberries with cream cheese:
- Spread it on toast topped with fresh raspberry slices for a fruity breakfast treat
- Use it to make mini raspberry tarts by filling pre-baked tart shells with cream cheese mixed with honey then top them off with fresh raspberries
- Make a creamy raspberry dip by mixing equal parts of cream cheese, sour cream and honey together before stirring in frozen or fresh raspberries
I bet you are curious as to what mascarpone cheese tastes like!
Mascarpone cheese is often compared to cream cheese, ricotta cheese, crème fraiche, and clotted cream; however, mascarpone is a sweeter and less tangy product than its peers.
It has a slightly sweet taste with a hint of acidity.
If you’re looking for unique ways to pair this delightful Italian cheese with raspberries then here are some ideas:
- Try making a raspberry mascarpone tart or crostata by layering the two together in puff pastry.
- Create an indulgent dessert by drizzling honey over creamy mascarpone and topping it off with fresh raspberries.
- A simple yet delicious combination can be made by combining sliced fresh raspberries into whipped mascarpone and then spreading it onto warm toast or crackers.
If you’re feeling adventurous, Gorgonzola cheese is a great way to go.
This unique Italian blue cheese has a sharp, salty flavor that’s balanced by its creamy texture.
It tastes like a rustic barnyard nestled in a field of lush, green grass.
When paired with raspberries, the sweetness of the berry helps balance out the saltiness of the Gorgonzola and creates an incredibly delicious combination.
Here are some unique ways to pair them:
- Create an appetizer platter with crostini topped with Gorgonzola and fresh raspberry slices
- Make a sweet and savory salad featuring baby greens, walnuts, raspberries and crumbled Gorgonzola
- Incorporate both ingredients into your favorite pasta dish for added flavor
Who doesn’t love ricotta?
It’s a classic, mild-tasting cheese with a thick and creamy texture.
Its subtle, slightly nutty flavor makes it perfect for both sweet and savory dishes.
Pairing this cheese with raspberries is an excellent way to balance the tartness of the fruit with the mellow richness of ricotta.
Here are some unique ways you can do so:
- Make a Ricotta & Raspberry Tart – Bake a pre-made tart shell in the oven according to package instructions, then fill it with fresh ricotta mixed with honey and chopped pistachios. Top it off with fresh raspberries and bake until golden brown!
- Create a Savory Ricotta & Raspberry Sandwich – Spread pieces of crusty bread or baguette slices with creamy ricotta, top them off with fresh raspberry slices and sprinkle over some freshly cracked black pepper for an unexpected kick!
- Prepare Ricotta & Raspberry Pancakes – Whisk together your favorite pancake batter recipe, then fold in dollops of ricotta. Cook the pancakes in a lightly greased skillet and top them off with a spoonful of raspberry jam.
Feta can be so much more than just a salad topping.
Its creamy, salty flavor pairs well with sweet fruits like raspberries.
Here are some unique ways to pair feta with raspberries:
- Make a savory tart: Use a buttery crust and top it with crumbled feta cheese, fresh raspberries and basil leaves. Drizzle honey over the top for added sweetness.
- Create a fruit-and-cheese platter: Arrange slices of feta on your favorite serving board or plate and fill in gaps with handfuls of fresh raspberries. Add some olives, nuts and crackers as accompaniments if desired.
- Whip up a fruity dip: Place feta in the bowl of food processor along with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and freshly chopped herbs (like parsley or dill). Pulse until the mixture is smooth then fold in some fresh raspberries before serving on toast points or crackers.
9. Blue Cheese
I can’t get enough of the unique flavor of blue cheese!
It has a distinctively salty and sharp taste that is both pungent and slightly sweet.
Its semi-soft, crumbly, and creamy texture adds an interesting contrast to dishes.
When it comes to pairing blue cheese with raspberries, there are plenty of creative options.
Here are some unique ways to enjoy this delicious combination:
- Create a savory salad by combining spinach leaves, fresh raspberries, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped walnuts. Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette for the perfect balance of tartness and sweetness.
- Make a flavorful dip by blending together blue cheese with plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise until smooth. Serve alongside fresh raspberries for dipping in the creamy mixture.
- Toast some baguette slices then top each one off with cream cheese spread mixed with raspberry jam as well as crumbles of blue cheese for an indulgent snack or appetizer!
10. Cottage Cheese
We all know that cottage cheese is a great source of protein and calcium, but did you know that it also goes well with sweet flavors such as raspberries?
Here are some unique ways to pair cottage cheese with this fruit:
- Make a delicious parfait by layering chopped raspberries and plain or honey-flavored cottage cheese in a jar. Add some crunchy granola for extra texture.
- Spread creamy cottage cheese on whole wheat toast, top it off with fresh raspberries, sprinkle some sea salt and drizzle with honey. Enjoy the sweet yet savory combination!
- For something more nutritious, make a smoothie bowl by blending together frozen banana slices, frozen raspberries, plain yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese. Top it off with chia seeds or nuts for added crunchiness.
- What Cheese Goes with Vodka Sauce? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with BBQ Sauce? (9 Amazing Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Chimichurri? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Sloppy Joes? (10 Delicious Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Strawberry Jam? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Feta? (9 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Beef Stroganoff? (10 Tasty Cheeses)
- What Cheese Goes with Beets? (10 Delicious Cheeses)
What Cheese Goes with Raspberries?
- Cream Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Pick your favorite type of cheese from this collection to pair with your berries.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty snack.
- Enjoy in no time!